Laughing City
ernixlopez
Sea Post King

I was shocked when I saw that thread about Eisley lacking passion at the Portland show! Oh my Lord!!! I would've replied to the thread but it was locked before I ever even read it or knew of its existence! I had no clue this BS had gona down right here on the forum.

I was there at that show. Front row between Sherri and Stacy singing along and having the best time. Its been 2 years since I've seen Eisley play live. Some shows I wanted to go really bad but couldn't afford it or didn't have a reliable car but this last show was in Portland, where I always go to see Eisley, ON MY BIRTHDAY! I was thrilled at the gift of being able to see them play on that day of all days. It was a really special show for me.

I really think that John guy posted what he did as a weird f'ed up joke. I don't think it was for real. Thats too messed up to join the forum JUST to talk crap about the band then never respond once to back up your words. Its cowardly and just mean! I only saw that thread a couple days ago and was completely shocked and a little disturbed when I read what the guy said and saw that there were 9 friggin pages in response to it. It was all lies!! OMG! I was there! The band kicked ass!!! I've been a BIG fan for the last 5ish years now and have seen this band grow and endure and mature into the blooming budding badasses that they've become. Newsflash: They're only gonna get better. They're only gonna grow beyond any expectations we can hope to put on them. They're still so young as a band they've got TONS of life and songwriting and wondrous things ahead of them to inspire and bring forth their own special musical identity more and more.

I myself am blessed to say I've laid witness to their growth thus far. To see them become the musicians, songwriters, and vocalists that I always knew they could and would be is one of the greatest gifts of my life. I've seen them grow as performers and singers through the handful of concerts I've been to but most through the constant fountain of videos from their shows that Boyd or fans always keep flowing. Through the years man! For any one to say the band has not grown is full of it or not a real fan to begin with. Chauntelle is friggin singing! OMG! Finally! That girl may have the best voice in the band. Believe me. Give her time. I know she's got it in her. Come out of that shell Chauntelle! Bring it girl! lol Sherri is getting down on stage like never before nowadays singing her butt off! I'm like damn! This last show she was completely into the music. I love how she hunches over and totally feels what she's playing on songs like Come Clean and ICBTFY. Like she's in a trance. Its intense! Very Happy

She's going through her $#@! though. Man these girls have been through some rough times as of recent. When I found out about their boy troubles I was shocked. I'm an outsider, a simple fan and even I was blown away and shocked when I found out about the divorce and disengagement. I can't imagine what it was like for the people directly involved. This tour is important to Eisley. Its a vent, a goodbye, a huge personal moment in time for them. Full of meaning and soulfulness. For someone to say they were'nt into it or feeling it at the Portland show is downright lying in my opinion. The band was so into it. This whole tour is emotionally charged for the band what with all the crap going on their lives right now. There's no way that they're going to separate that pain from their music even if they could. They're harnessing it. For real. That's real. I imagine this being the most meaningful tour for the band thus far or the girls at least because of what they've gone through. Makes sense to me. More than that I was there in Portland in the fornt row and I've been a fan long enough to know they've come a loooong way as musicians and they were totally into it at the show. Stacy. Omg Stacy people! Has anyone failed to realize how free and fun Stacy's become when she performs?! My God! That girl is grooving around and slinking along and moving to the music and singing like the dickens like never before and its a dream for me to watch! I've always known intuitively what she's capable of and like I said I'm truly blessed just to be able to watch her become what I've always dreamed she would be as a musician. Stacy alone is proof enough for me that the band had fun at the show. She was not bored. She didn't sound tired or anything like that. She was singing with all her heart and soul and I could feel it. I knew it. Its just BS what that guy said about the show.

Chauntelle was touching in her sentiment when she said she was glad we could all be there to support the band after all the recent crap they went through. That was one of the most special moments for me. And Stacy's intro to ICBTFY. Very Happy OMG! How can someone say the band isn't growing after homegirl came up with that little snatch bit of Divinity?! I'm appalled. lol Really I can't believe what that guy said!

For the record, I really think that person was either lying (though I don't know why they would do that. what they would get out of lying?) or was being plain mean. I'm still kinda shocked and weired out by that post to be honest. Idk. There was something odd and intentional about it.........I only wish I had seen it before it was lcoked to defend the band sooner. I had one of the best times at the 5/10 Portland show. I took my 2 cousins and they had a blast too. I even met up with local musicians Breanna Paletta and her beau (who also had a bday the same day as me!) Justin Bennett. All were blown away by the band as well btw. Straight up.

OMG. Plus, dude. Why has everyone failed to realize that these girls are going to use these recent hard times and run with them musically? Helloooooo!!!! I'm so serious! lol They're gonnas come up with stuff thats gonna blow our minds with beauty and substance and eisleyness and magic and emotion and catharsis and omg you get what i mean poeple? C'mon!!! They are gonna blow us away! They've hit a critical point in their development and there's no going back. Its on mofo's! I cannot wait!!! I'm so excited for the new songs they're brewing right now. Man I still can't believe that person's words. It must not have been a real fan to overlook all these points I'm bringing up. To not know. To underestimate and misunderstand the band like that and be so f'ed up to do what was done. I feel bad that someone would do that to the band.

I'm sticking with this band through thick and thin. Reign or fall. Come what may. They truly are my own personal special band. I know how far they've come (as much as I can as a fan on the outisde) and I totally know and always have known the Beauty and Creativity and special unique Magic that they will one day be. Can't rush great things. When the time is right. I have every faith in my band. These are my girls! The guys too of course but not in the same way. Wink I love them dearly with heart and soul. Like you don't even know! Very Happy They really do hold a very special very sacred place in my being. For always. I hope they somehow feel that love. I hope they could see it in my face at that Portland show on my birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WESTON!!!!

Lots of Love and Blessings Eternal to the Band,
Ernie Lopez

norad
Vintage Newbie

The thread was locked for a reason...

(Still, good post Smile )
ernixlopez
Sea Post King

Yeah I understand it was lcoked and why. Don't want the negativity it caused to rear its ugly head again it was really justbugging me bigtime to be honest. For my own reasons. I had to let the band know, if they read this, what I thought about the show. Keep doing your thing Eisley. Don't let whoever it was that said such things fool you into doubting your path. Trust it.
norad
Vintage Newbie

I like you.
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Laughing That was a fun read. But about the post you're reffering to, If he didn't think it was great, that's ok I just didn't like some parts of what he said. He took it too far with the insult. Then the part where he partially quoted one of their old songs, basically calling them "cookie cutter" hypocrits and it didn't even mesh with the rest of his post, it was just weird. I wouldn't want anyone to fear posting on here but I don't think this guy had any intention of posting again anyway with his little "Good luck" farewell, I think he said all he wanted to.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

ernixlopez wrote:

It was all lies!! OMG! I was there! The band kicked ass!!! ... mature into the blooming budding badasses that they've become. ... Through the years man! For any one to say the band has not grown is full of it or not a real fan to begin with. Chauntelle is friggin singing! OMG! Finally! ... Come out of that shell Chauntelle! Bring it girl! ... Sherri is getting down on stage like never before nowadays singing her butt off! I'm like damn! ... Like she's in a trance. Its intense! ... Stacy. Omg Stacy people! ... And Stacy's intro to ICBTFY. Very Happy OMG! How can someone say the band isn't growing after homegirl came up with that little snatch bit of Divinity?! ... Straight up. OMG. Plus, dude. ... Helloooooo!!!! I'm so serious! ... Its on mofo's! ... These are my girls!

My favorite parts of your post. Laughing You're too much! Laughing Had me laughing hard. Such a passionate, opinionated post. Thanks for that! Eisley is lucky to have such big fans, like you.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Thanks Ernie, but we don't want to open that thread again.
'preciate the time you took to pour positive kindness onto the band, but I am going to go ahead and head off another 10 pages on the same topic. Smile

LOCK! Wink