Laughing City
heyjas0n
Sea Post King

why hasn't Eisley posted anything or anyone e-mailed us about this?
Joined: 29 Oct 2007 | Posts: 22 | Location: austin/houston, texas
Jared x
Lost at Forum

heyjas0n wrote:

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie...that sort of annoys me. I know they're busy and probably meant nothing by it, but a venue/line-up change is sort of a big deal. Confused

Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

heyjas0n wrote:

It just happened. It's the promotors job to get it on their web page! They haven't even done that.
Half the time, Boyd doesn't have access to the internet to make post, or correct information.
Don't be annoyed, help get the word out!
The show is at White Rabbit.
thanks,
kd Smile
Jared x
Lost at Forum

I am just worried we're gonna get there and it's going to be Eisley with two bands I don't really care about all of a sudden. The White Rabbit website says nothing about Vedera and The Myriad (or it didn't the last time I checked), and the woman who did the recording for the phone number said something like, "And...I hear we might even be getting Eisley now." Again, nothing about Eisley's two openers.

Irrational fears? Maybe. But that's a lot of gas that I'll be using for that to even be a possibility.

Memorial
Sea Post King

If you call the White Rabbit the message says that Cinematic Sunrise is playing...and also Eisley. It's my understanding that Eisley will still be headlining but if the Rabbit is trying to cram all the bands from Eisley and Cinematic Sunrise's lineups that's going to make for one hectic show. I'm not trying to be a downer about this but this isn't the first time the White Rabbit/Twin Productions/many of the other venues they take care of have done this. I don't think it was a smart move on their part and I hope the band doesn't get the shaft.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Jared x wrote:
I am just worried we're gonna get there and it's going to be Eisley with two bands I don't really care about all of a sudden. The White Rabbit website says nothing about Vedera and The Myriad (or it didn't the last time I checked), and the woman who did the recording for the phone number said something like, "And...I hear we might even be getting Eisley now." Again, nothing about Eisley's two openers.

Irrational fears? Maybe. But that's a lot of gas that I'll be using for that to even be a possibility.

hmmn...not sure about all of that. I just talked to Boyd, and the band is definitely playing there tonight. I am not sure about all the other bands listed. Hope it all works out for you.
moviescriptending
Sea Post King

aww man...

i hate to say this...but there is an Eisley show curse upon me.

last time i had tickets...my friends mom went to the hospital and i couldnt go....

and now that i have tickets for tonights show....other friend is sick....and everyone else is out of town Sad

it sucks not having a car...

will i ever see eisley?! haha
Joined: 20 Nov 2007 | Posts: 14 | Location: San Antonio, TX
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

Well that sucks. Hopefully, the others will be able to take plenty of pictures and videos for us so we can see what we did (or didn't) miss.
moviescriptending
Sea Post King

i ended up going....but had to leave before they played...(stupid work...i hate working at a club)

but i did get talk to and take pictures with weston and garron (they were in the parking lot)

i enjoyed the bands that played before them though....

next time i will make sure i get to see them play Smile
Joined: 20 Nov 2007 | Posts: 14 | Location: San Antonio, TX
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

So was the venue as bad as many people seemed to claim it to be?
norad
Vintage Newbie

KH Vandread wrote:

Jared described it to me as "an aluminum box".
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
KH Vandread wrote:

Jared described it to me as "an aluminum box".

That does not sound particularly savory in the least.
alinicole
Sea Post King

Okay so I just got back. I thought the show was awesome despite the ghetto-ness of the venue. The crowd was actually pretty great... A LOT of people cheering/clapping after songs and I saw multiple people singing along to a lot of the songs.

I got there kinda early to give yet another drawing I did to the band. Saw Boyd and asked him about it and everyone was asleep in their bunks haha. So he invited me to sound check a little later so I went to that. They're amusing during sound check, by the way... I liked when Sherri told a crew member he was fired because he was messing with something and this loud obnoxious squealing noise came from the speakers. Ha. So anyway, talked with them afterward and gave them the drawing and stuff and they seemed to like it so that was good. (it was a drawing inspired by Lady of the Wood, by the way)

Again, show was good. I DID NOT, however, enjoy standing there that long. Too many bands. The only two I liked were Vedera and Eisley of course. I enjoyed a few songs from The Myriad as well... especially that first song in their set. Oh and there were a few maniacs during CS that jumped on the stage and jumped back into the audience only to fall to the floor because no one felt like catching them. Ha.

Didn't stay afterward to get pictures or autographs. Ah well, I did grab Sherri's set list so I at least have one thing from the show. Oh and my mom who went with me (she really wanted to see Vedera but ended up enjoying Eisley as well) took videos of the show minus about 4 songs (I was afraid the batteries would run out and I really wanted to record ICBTFY and the encore songs.) I'll try to get those up tomorrow.

norad
Vintage Newbie

tragedienne wrote:
Oh and there were a few maniacs during CS that jumped on the stage and jumped back into the audience only to fall to the floor because no one felt like catching them. Ha.

Did you get video of that? Laughing Laughing Laughing
alinicole
Sea Post King

patrock wrote:
tragedienne wrote:
Oh and there were a few maniacs during CS that jumped on the stage and jumped back into the audience only to fall to the floor because no one felt like catching them. Ha.

Did you get video of that? Laughing Laughing Laughing

Haha nah. Wish I did though... especially the first time because that dude fell hard. Crazy people...

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>