Laughing City
Jared x
Lost at Forum

emilytheanteater wrote:
i don't get it. how do u have a playlist for a book? or maybe i'm just not getting something here...

Think of it this way: you know how some movies have two soundtracks -- one of the score that was used in the movie and one with songs performed by various bands? It's like that. It's a "soundtrack" to the book, or it would be if there was such a thing.

emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

Jared x wrote:
emilytheanteater wrote:
i don't get it. how do u have a playlist for a book? or maybe i'm just not getting something here...

Think of it this way: you know how some movies have two soundtracks -- one of the score that was used in the movie and one with songs performed by various bands? It's like that. It's a "soundtrack" to the book, or it would be if there was such a thing.

oh, hmm...i've never heard of anything like that before...that's cool though.

Miss Pine
Golly, Poster

Pantheon4 wrote:
kulvir wrote:
patrock wrote:
It sounds a bit like Buffy and Angel.

I was thinking the same thing but I suppose Buffy and Angel's romance fits into the mold of Romeo and Juliet as well. The legend of Tristan and Isolde goes back to the middle ages so really even Shakespeare was using an old gimmick.

I always thought that R&J was more of a knock off of Pyramus and Thisbe.

It is. At least that's what I always heard.
reflectedxglory
Sea Post King

Miss Pine wrote:
Pantheon4 wrote:
kulvir wrote:
patrock wrote:

I was thinking the same thing but I suppose Buffy and Angel's romance fits into the mold of Romeo and Juliet as well. The legend of Tristan and Isolde goes back to the middle ages so really even Shakespeare was using an old gimmick.

It is. At least that's what I always heard.

Truth, but I believe that's part of the reason that is the play within a play in A Midsummers Night Dream. But that could just be me. Shakespeare used references just as he is used as one. If you enjoy Pyramus and Thisbe you should check out the musical The Fantasticks. Oh and i just found The Beatles doing the skit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psATF1mUpUU

sorry up late at night and bored, and i former "theater" person so that's what you get.

Hilary Duff cover!! yessss...

Kimbrtones wrote:
See what interesting things I can make you people do? Laughing
This thread has gotten quite amusing but.....my lips are sealed.

On Chauntelle:
Kimbrtones wrote:
wow guys! She's not Jesus! Smile
But she is awfully sweet, and kind hearted.
Joined: 11 Mar 2005 | Posts: 489 | Location: orlando,fl,usa
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

Pantheon4 wrote:
kulvir wrote:
patrock wrote:

I didn't mean to suggest that R&J was based on Tristan and Isolde, I only meant the romantic formula in it was already cliche.

vintage_snowflake
Golly, Poster

I rear the first 20 pages of her first book because the enormous number of people who told me too.

then I just couldn't read anymore. it was that bad. transparent plotline in chracters, akward handling of language, ect.
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

vintage_snowflake wrote:
I rear the first 20 pages of her first book because the enormous number of people who told me too.

then I just couldn't read anymore. it was that bad. transparent plotline in chracters, akward handling of language, ect.

Same here--my mom actually paid me to read it, she thought I'd like it, and I couldn't get past page 18. It was awful. Then she and my grandma got it on book on CD for the car ride to Illinois. Everytime I had to change what I was listening to on my ipod I could hear what was going on and it was just plain bad. Then to make it worse my grandma was listening to it while I was driving, and so I HAD to listen. It was not fun.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
La Noisette
Sea Post King

vintage_snowflake wrote:

I COMPLETELY AGREE! I believe that the only reason it is so popular, is because she just writes what teenagers are wanting to read about. Vampires not actually eating you, but changing their whole personality to fall in love with a human blah blah blah, things that will never happen, and I full despise her books. I liked Twilight the first time I read it, but when I started to read back through I saw how horrible the writing was, how pathetic the characters are, and how it seems to aspire to be something that it is not, and that makes me put down a book faster than lighting.

All of the books are rotten! It's obvious how there is no passion behind any of her words, they just seem to be slammed down, and teenagers and mothers alike are gobbling them up because it's a dreamy thing. Unfortunately, they cannot see beyond that. On top of it all, the movie does not look to be a good thing either.

I do hope I have not offended anyone by my opinions, I just feel very strongly against these books.
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Come on! Tell us how you really feel! Wink
La Noisette
Sea Post King

Lol I TRY! Razz
guitargirl
Laughing Citizen

A bunch of my friends love the books and want me to read them...but I haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm a big discouraged after reading this thread. Wink

j'ai pas envie d'être un robot, métro boulot dodo
-Kelli
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
brandy alexander
Sea Post King

here are the twilight books in ebook format, if anyone so wishes to read them:

TWILIGHT - http://www.sendspace.com/file/vh85xd
NEW MOON- http://www.sendspace.com/file/227dil
ECLIPSE- http://www.sendspace.com/file/8d7qdq

honestly? if they ever come out with a contemporary soundtrack for the films, i think songs like "combinations" or "if you're wondering" would fit in very nicely with the theme of the books/movies....

mikep0922
Lost at Forum

That's a thought! Eisley on a movie soundtrack! I've always wondered if the music they used, in films, is a sort of product placement arrangement, with agents trying to get their artist on a soundtrack, or the producers/directors pick stuff they think makes the most sense?
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

brandy alexander wrote:
here are the twilight books in ebook format, if anyone so wishes to read them:

Probably not the best idea to post those links. They're copyrighted works just like a CD or a movie.

Golly, Poster

I liked the books a lot a few years ago. I'll still read them, but I don't really feel the same way about them as I used to. Hearing all the bad things about them kind of made me notice them a lot more. Aw man, maybe I'm just easily influenced.