Laughing City
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

oliez wrote:

I just heard Sherri's comment about people on the forum making fun of their weight.

hmm...

I'm not sure how much it has been done here, I think a few times, but it has happened on other forums quite regularly. Rolling Eyes
oliez
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:

I'm not sure how much it has been done here, I think a few times, but it has happened on other forums quite regularly. Rolling Eyes

yeah I guess this isn't the only place people talk about the band. There's that one place. The live journal or whatever it is where the people want to know the exact details of their life down to color of their nail polish and brand of socks (I just went to one to see how crazy they've gotten and someone was making a big deal about finding the same kind of socks that sherri wore to some show or something).
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
oliez wrote:

I just heard Sherri's comment about people on the forum making fun of their weight.

hmm...

was it done maliciously or did it seem a genuine concern for their health?

i don't remember any of them changing that much, other than naturally growing older, to merit any such talk though.

pazatronix!
Lost at Forum

here's a link to a picture taken at the interview: http://flickr.com/photos/smtv/2521454687/in/photostream

cute. Smile
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

pazatronix! wrote:
here's a link to a picture taken at the interview: http://flickr.com/photos/smtv/2521454687/in/photostream

cute. Smile

same question as Patrock - where's the second live song?

StuartBuck
Sea Post King

Kimbrtones wrote:
oliez wrote:

hmm...

That's insane. (Not what you're saying, but the fact that other people would make such asinine and inaccurate comments in the first place.) I haven't seen any such comments around here, though; hopefully y'all would ban someone who did that.

I saw a supermarket magazine a few months back where the cover was making fun of some celebrity female for being 5 or 10 pounds overweight, and then the inside cover was simultaneously making fun of another celebrity for looking too anorexic. (Gee, I wonder why some celebrities would be driven to anorexia.) Celebrity culture is sick.

Last edited by StuartBuck on Wed May 28, 2008 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total
MichaelMakeArt
Sea Post King

The girls are so beautiful! To make a comment about their weight is down right bitchy. They shouldn't be expected to look a certain way just please people or even fans. People should be thankful they aren't parading around stage in underwear, thats just not Eisley! But I liked that interview, the interviewer seemed very kind, and genuinely cared about Eisley and their future. It makes me want to buy a bajillion Eisley shirts. Don't hold me to it! Shocked
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

I sort of liked the interview.
I would rather it have been a standard interview, with short questions, and less time with the interviewer talking. Overall: good interview.

Come Clean sounded amazing. Their voices never cease to amaze me.

I think that as far as the weight thing goes, it's ridiculous, but it definitely doesn't surprise me. It's pretty obvious why people do it, to me. It's just projected anxiety about their own weight.
Joined: 31 May 2004 | Posts: 2018 | Location: Sacramento, CA
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I've definitely never read anything about the girls weight here- only really good things about their clothes/hair/makeup... which sometimes can be weird but y'know, everyone just wants to know a little 'bit about how those girls look so fantastic all the time.

HOWEVER I do remember there was a livejournal post thingy where people were critizing a personal picture? Maybe that's what they were referring to.

Fun interview, though :]

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
norad
Vintage Newbie

So where is that second live song? I only heard one in that interview ("Go Away"). Confused
hisownshot
Vintage Newbie

I also did not find another live song.

i'm gonna marry the mars volta.
Joined: 01 Nov 2003 | Posts: 8260 | Location: new hampshire
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

i can't even get the interview to work for me. i let it load the whole way through, thinking that would be the best way not to have 'slowed down bufferin' voices' but that didn't work either. Confused
norad
Vintage Newbie

Kylee Janai wrote:
i can't even get the interview to work for me. i let it load the whole way through, thinking that would be the best way not to have 'slowed down bufferin' voices' but that didn't work either. Confused

Try it here:
http://strangeyellowpatterns.com/coppermine/gallery/thumbnails.php?alb um=315
ks1990
Lost at Forum

patrock wrote:
So where is that second live song? I only heard one in that interview ("Go Away"). Confused

Yeah I couldnt find it either. Confused
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Kylee Janai wrote:

Try it here:
http://strangeyellowpatterns.com/coppermine/gallery/thumbnails.php?alb um=315

Gurl, once again you save my life. I thank yee kindly.