Laughing City
alastica
Sea Post King

Does anybody know anything about Larose Guitars or Mr. Tod D'Agostino? I've been searching around the internet and can't find anything. I'm just really curious about the guitars they got. I know they're custom, but I was thinking I'd at least be able to find something about Larose online.

And sorry if this doesn't quite fit 'EisleyBlog', but I figured this would be the best place to pose the question since Sherri's playing one.

Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ync
Golly, Poster

they didn't really say to much when they brought them out for the first time in Boston...they just said that they were custom, they got them for free, and they were wicked excited to play them Razz

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

Those are some fine lookin' instruments
Vintage Newbie

Boyd said it's a super super small company.
bmxbandit
Sea Post King

more like "lagrosse" guitars lol sorry but IMO those are pretty hideous. Might have a nice neck and some fat tone though, not nockin till I try it, just looks wise I think it does the LP style no justice.
Tim Kim
Sea Post King

The Rick Sherri uses is still the best looking guitar I have seen them play.. then again that Champagne Sparkle Gretsch that Chauntelle uses is pretty neat looking

change is happening.
Joined: 27 Apr 2006 | Posts: 305 | Location: Sacramento, Caluhfournia
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Tim Kim wrote:
The Rick Sherri uses is still the best looking guitar I have seen them play.. then again that Champagne Sparkle Gretsch that Chauntelle uses is pretty neat looking

I agree. I like them both a lot.

Sea Post King

I agree, those are the two I've seen them play the most over the years although I could be wrong. I miss the apple stickers on them
Andy
Sea Post King

I'm pretty impressed with the look of the guitars. I like the well defined guards, the thick white border around them makes it look really modern. But, the classic burnt wood feel with a more modern paint job. One thing that always makes a guitar look amazing is old hardware stylings. You can really see it in the whammy and assembly on sherri's guitar.

With that said, I've also never heard of 'em.

Nice guitars tho.

President Dwight D. Eisenhower
Joined: 15 Jun 2003 | Posts: 109 | Location: Ontario, Canada
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

Meant to comment on this - I asked Chauntelle about hers because those pictures really caught my eye too. They had a hard time coming up with the name of the guy because it is a very small company. Smile Tod is a fan of the band and they were quite shocked by the gift - naturally it works in his favor too as a way to get his company some visibility. Chauntelle plays hers during - erm - One Day I Slowly Floated Away? I think that's right. She said it sounds fantastic, better than any of her other guitars.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

All I know is that they're purdy, and I hope one day my music will impress Mr. D'Agostino enough to warrant such an awesome endorsement.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, Chauntelle was saying how it's the best sounding guitar she has! So it must be good. Very Happy
alastica
Sea Post King

Dang. I really want to know more about these guitars. Hmm. Does anybody know which city they got them in? I just checked the Boston yellow pages, assuming they might've gotten them there (since that's where the first pictures of them were taken), but I didn't see anything about Larose. Confused

This guy needs to be a Laughing City member!

Joined: 01 Apr 2006 | Posts: 314 | Location: Greetings From Michigan, The Great Lakes State!
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

alastica wrote:
Dang. I really want to know more about these guitars. Hmm. Does anybody know which city they got them in? I just checked the Boston yellow pages, assuming they might've gotten them there (since that's where the first pictures of them were taken), but I didn't see anything about Larose. Confused

This guy needs to be a Laughing City member!

maybe it wasn't Boston, but i believe it was somewhere in Massa.

yeah, why isn't he at least a lurker? show yourself, Tod Smile
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

hey, I was right - following a link in another thread, I watched Chauntelle play her Larose in close view during ODISFA! too bad a water bottle is in the line of sight. nice job, mybrotherisadino.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1twmUn-R8Vo

goto page
 | next >>