Laughing City
lampmonster
Sea Post King

Boyd was just talking about Stacy shopping at Anthropologie,and I wasn't sure what kind of clothes they sold,so I went to their website. Everything costs at least $100! I was shocked...Can anyone else afford to shop there...because I know I can't..Do you think Stacy bought something,or was just trying on all their expensive clothes...'cause that's what I would do. Laughing
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

Oh my god, yes! I was out of town with a few of my friends and we decided to go shopping at a mall and it was my first Anthropologie experience. I found so many cute things but everything was SO expensive.. even when they were on sale.
ali
since 1979

clearance section.
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

It's called looking for sales and shopping wisely. I buy tons of things at Anthropologie, and I'm certainly not rich at all. Not even close to it.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

On special occasions I get things from Anthropologie. Sales are nice, and some of their shirts aren't awfully expensive. Love the dresses though...
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

anthropologie is okay,
but not wonderful enough for me to choke up that much $$$

Lost at Forum

The only times I've ever heard of this store is here on this forum / in the girls' journals. Is it really that big of a chain?
Laughing Citizen

You can find good things on sale and Anthro ... I think its owned by the same people who own Urban Outfitters.

I like their clothes because they are better quality/nicer looking than Urban Outfitters.

www.imahuman.tumblr.com
www.isitreallysostrange.wordpress.com
[i spend too much time on the internet, apparently.]

cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

ali wrote:
clearance section.

yup.
they have great deals.
i like their hardware too.
i have a bunch of their knobs.
ha. knobs...

anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

CaughtOnFilm wrote:
You can find good things on sale and Anthro ... I think its owned by the same people who own Urban Outfitters.

I like their clothes because they are better quality/nicer looking than Urban Outfitters.

I'm so with you on that one.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
redboots
Sea Post King

CaughtOnFilm wrote:

Yeah Anthro has nicer clothes, but Urban is a completely different style. It is more casual than Anthro (although you can find some nice stuff as well). I would be more likely to splurge at Urban because I wear jeans more than I do dresses. That sort of thing. I dont know, I'm finding this hard to put into words...
Joined: 30 May 2008 | Posts: 309 | Location: above the tree tops
shyviolet
Lost at Forum

i have a difficult time resisting anthro dresses. i only have a few but i try on so many, just for fun. i recently found a gorgeous dress there but they didn't have my size and the dress was $158 which is a lot for me. but i couldn't get the dress out of my head so i decided to call the store and see if they could get one from another store in my size. not only did they locate a dress in my size and ship it to my house but the dress had gone half price since i'd tried it on mere days before. it was awesome.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Good God, I just checked Anthropologie's clearance section and everything's at least $19.95. I haven't paid that much for a single item of clothing in a long time.

Forget the chain stores, people. Shop secondhand and define your own style rather than letting someone else tell you what to wear.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Forget the chain stores, people. Shop secondhand and define your own style rather than letting someone else tell you what to wear.

I'd rather not wear clothes that have been used. $20 is not that much for a good item of clothing, either.

I have no idea how buying clothes at places other than second hand stores is "someone else telling you what to wear". Really?
muffinbreath
Sea Post King

i ADORE their furniture.
when i'm rich someday, i'm going to own ALL of it.