Laughing City

Have you ever thought about being with someone of the same sex?
Sure, it's only natural to have thought about it.
44%
 44%  [ 22 ]
No! Never!
32%
 32%  [ 16 ]
I don't think so...
24%
 24%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 50

norad
Vintage Newbie

ilitherian wrote:
I mean, seriously, guys are kind of gross looking. Even the allegedly attractive ones.

Psh. NO! Haha.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Is it gay if I look at myself in the mirror and think I'm very attractive?

Because I do that a lot.

Here's another question, what if you have an identical twin and you think you're attractive? Then you have to think your twin is also attractive... so not only are you finding a member of the same sex attractive, but it's also your sibling. Just a thought. Laughing

I guess the key is acting on your thoughts. I find myself attractive, but I would never date myself.

Gosh, this is such a valuable post to this conversation... Rolling Eyes
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

No, you make a good point. Not to be rude towards homosexuals, but i've often wondered if a lot of homosexuality had more to do with narcissism than sexual preference.

Now personally i have a healthy level of self-esteem, and by no means think i'm a bad looking chap. I just think that the male body is not nearly as attractive as the female body. Our aesthetic baseline is much much lower than that of females. So even a good looking guy is leagues below an average looking female in my opinion.

love,
luke
kulvir
Laughing Citizen

ilitherian wrote:
No, you make a good point. Not to be rude towards homosexuals, but i've often wondered if a lot of homosexuality had more to do with narcissism than sexual preference.
That just doesn't fit what my gay/lesbian friends have told me about having crushes on people of the same sex early on, even before puberty. Surely, narcissism about their looks had not set in.
ilitherian
Vintage Newbie

I was not meaning to suggest this was typically the case, but was just wondering if it factors in. I mean if a person really found himself to be so attractive it would seem to follow that he would seek a relationship with someone that looks like he does.

Just a thought.

love,
luke
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

ilitherian wrote:
I was not meaning to suggest this was typically the case, but was just wondering if it factors in. I mean if a person really found himself to be so attractive it would seem to follow that he would seek a relationship with someone that looks like he does.

Just a thought.

love,
luke

I think it could make sense in some situations. Not all, but some.
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.