Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

pzykotic wrote:
I really love Seattle, I think it's the city I'd move to if I left Boston again. Really awesome place, nice people, great food, lots of things to do.

Ha, those were the two locations I had narrowed down for school. Unfortunately Seattle doesn't have much to offer in that respect, and nothing beats New England charm.

Can't wait for pictures from someone who actually knew who Eisley is Laughing

Laughing Citizen

Mooncutter wrote:
pzykotic wrote:
I really love Seattle, I think it's the city I'd move to if I left Boston again. Really awesome place, nice people, great food, lots of things to do.

Ha, those were the two locations I had narrowed down for school. Unfortunately Seattle doesn't have much to offer in that respect, and nothing beats New England charm.

I would have picked a somewhat lesser school to live in Seattle but I'm biased. Seattle is a bigger version of Vancouver and I wish I would get down there more than every few years.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

kulvir wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:
pzykotic wrote:

I would have picked a somewhat lesser school to live in Seattle but I'm biased. Seattle is a bigger version of Vancouver and I wish I would get down there more than every few years.

Well the problem was that there aren't many schools actually in the city of Seattle, most are a few miles out. UW was the only thing I liked, but it's huuuge. So it was either a lesser school kind of near where I want to be or a great school in the heart of the city. It was an easy choice. Besides, I'll be walking distance from Fenway and you don't get no better than that.

Vintage Newbie

Mooncutter wrote:
kulvir wrote:
Mooncutter wrote:
pzykotic wrote:

Well the problem was that there aren't many schools actually in the city of Seattle, most are a few miles out. UW was the only thing I liked, but it's huuuge. So it was either a lesser school kind of near where I want to be or a great school in the heart of the city. It was an easy choice. Besides, I'll be walking distance from Fenway and you don't get no better than that.

You don't want to go to UW. You made a good choice. Smile
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

bigideas wrote:
i just thought of something:

remember how they were kinda hinting that the new record might be dark or more agressive because of loveloss?

now in the middle they're all happy again, so i wonder if there won't be a dark side of the record and a light side now.

well they said there were some songs that were about heartbreak, and relationships ending and such. but that also there will be love songs since some of them did fall in love again.
so a good mixture, i guess.

-Mae West
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

kathymunster wrote:
bigideas wrote:

remember how they were kinda hinting that the new record might be dark or more agressive because of loveloss?

now in the middle they're all happy again, so i wonder if there won't be a dark side of the record and a light side now.

well they said there were some songs that were about heartbreak, and relationships ending and such. but that also there will be love songs since some of them did fall in love again.

cool.
they talked about this in a more recent interview?

kathymunster
Golly, Poster

bigideas wrote:
kathymunster wrote:
bigideas wrote:

cool.

no, it was from that interview when they were on tour. on the bus with the guy,
super vague, i know. but i guess that was in the spring time?

i just remember her saying how she was all, "but we're eisley. we've got to have a few love songs"
haha.

-Mae West
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

kathymunster wrote:
bigideas wrote:
kathymunster wrote:
bigideas wrote:

cool.

i just remember her saying how she was all, "but we're eisley. we've got to have a few love songs"
haha.

it was the interview from the Lawrence, KS show. i'll try to dig it up soon.

EDIT -
found it. the interview was from The Turnpike.

http://www.lawrence.com/turnpike/archive/2008-04-17/

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
norad
Vintage Newbie

Music_Lover wrote:
kathymunster wrote:
bigideas wrote:
kathymunster wrote:
bigideas wrote:
i just thought of something: remember how they were kinda hinting that the new record might be dark or more agressive because of loveloss? now in the middle they're all happy again, so i wonder if there won't be a dark side of the record and a light side now.

well they said there were some songs that were about heartbreak, and relationships ending and such. but that also there will be love songs since some of them did fall in love again. so a good mixture, i guess.

cool. they talked about this in a more recent interview?

no, it was from that interview when they were on tour. on the bus with the guy, super vague, i know. but i guess that was in the spring time? i just remember her saying how she was all, "but we're eisley. we've got to have a few love songs" haha.

EDIT -found it. the interview was from The Turnpike. http://www.lawrence.com/turnpike/archive/2008-04-17/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJFmdtnqidU

That one, actually.
lace face
Sea Post King

They are so funny, remind me of my sister.
pzy
Wookie Luke

Here's a quick lil lame "panorama" I made of the empty venue, got more pics to come I hope!

Ooh shadowy:

lace face
Sea Post King

On there facebooks some girl got really good pics of the concert. Better than most i have see check it out if your friends with them Very Happy
dont_panic
Vintage Newbie

Music_Lover wrote:
kathymunster wrote:
bigideas wrote:
kathymunster wrote:
bigideas wrote:

cool.

haha.

EDIT -
found it. the interview was from The Turnpike.

http://www.lawrence.com/turnpike/archive/2008-04-17/

oh my, this is the most awkward interview ever. the gun segment? WTF?

kathymunster
Golly, Poster

patrock wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:
kathymunster wrote:
bigideas wrote:
kathymunster wrote:
bigideas wrote:
i just thought of something: remember how they were kinda hinting that the new record might be dark or more agressive because of loveloss? now in the middle they're all happy again, so i wonder if there won't be a dark side of the record and a light side now.

well they said there were some songs that were about heartbreak, and relationships ending and such. but that also there will be love songs since some of them did fall in love again. so a good mixture, i guess.

no, it was from that interview when they were on tour. on the bus with the guy, super vague, i know. but i guess that was in the spring time? i just remember her saying how she was all, "but we're eisley. we've got to have a few love songs" haha.

EDIT -found it. the interview was from The Turnpike. http://www.lawrence.com/turnpike/archive/2008-04-17/

That one, actually.

yeah it's this one im talking about.

-Mae West
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

patrock wrote:
Music_Lover wrote:
kathymunster wrote:
bigideas wrote:
kathymunster wrote:
bigideas wrote:

That one, actually.

oh, i didn't read her full post, i just read the part about them having love songs, too. cause they do mention that on the Turnpike interview.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>