Laughing City
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

The more the label pigeonholes Eisley to fit a perceived demographic, the more they do them a disservice, IMO. This version is lovely. Thank you.
pumamina
Golly, Poster

NOW I HEARD I I LOVE IT
How could i never have heard this before?!
They're both good

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES wrote:
The more the label pigeonholes Eisley to fit a perceived demographic, the more they do them a disservice, IMO. This version is lovely. Thank you.

Wait though, it's still not clear (to me at least) if this version is the re-write the label wanted or if the one on Room Noises is the re-write.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

i've wanted to get the bridge to this version tattooed on my inner arm for a long while now. this version is by far superior to the other. i'm utterly in love with it. i was gonna post something about it a while ago, but decided against is. Confused

Nowhere Man wrote:

Wait though, it's still not clear (to me at least) if this version is the re-write the label wanted or if the one on Room Noises is the re-write.

the RN version is the re-write. this version is just a demo, and it's still better. Very Happy

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Retrovertigo
Sea Post King

How have I never even heard of this? I am totally blown away- I have to say this version really trumps the albums' version.

"If I were older, faster, somehow sensibly sure
Would I be prone to not be immature?"

I love that lyric.

Caley
Lost at Forum

This is the first time I ever heard this demo... and Brightly Wound is one of my favorite songs by them -- I'm actually thinking about getting "I shall never grow up, make believe is much too fun" tattooed on my forearm.

I must admit that lyrically that the demo is superior. But at the same time, I love the RN version to death because it just makes me smile.

alinicole
Sea Post King

I've had this version for a long while but never realized it until several months ago. Laughing

the sound quality of that youtube one isn't very good, though. youtube really likes to ruin sound quality I've noticed...

blisteredavalon
Sea Post King

I like the lyrics in the old version better, but I like the arrangement much better for the Room Noises version, especially the "We were walking there/I was just wishing you were here" part. That's got to be my favorite part of any Eisley song... ever.
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Oh I've heard it before! I listened to it like 10 times in a row the first time I heard it lol. What I liked most was the old pics that were in the video. It warms a part of my heart to see old Eisley pics...but to see them with an old recording of an awesome Eisley song is wolverine. I know some of the pics aren't that pics though.
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

While I like hearing other versions of my favorite Eisley song, I'm O.K. with the Room Noises version! Smile
alinicole
Sea Post King

oh and I find it funny that a picture of me with the band is in that video... ahaha.
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

+1
No.
+100,000
You nutshelled the whole problem very incisively.

as for that version of the song- I'm not sure if I've heard it before- If so I don't remember it (I saw them pre-'05, but I wasn't really a fan at the time - OK- to be honest, I'd never heard of them before-it was totally random, so I didn't know any of their songs- I really liked the show though);

BUT

Wow. That's really nice. If that had been the released version, I wouldn't have hated the song!
All this time, when people have been posting that Brightly Wound is their favourite Eisley song, I've totally missed the appeal. I found the RN version so annoyingly insipid that I cut it out and re-burned the CD! If this is the version they meant, though, I get it.
Amazing how the same song can be so different.
I especially like the vocal arrangements right at the beginning, and the slower tempo, It has that driving intensity and poignance that I love about eisley but was so missing in the album version. I still don't think its going to be my favourite Eisley song, necessarily, but the difference is amazing. I do like it much better

Eisley should DEFINITELY be self-producing. Or at least get to the point (in both leverage and confidence) to stand by their instincts, which are better than those of pretty much anyone else around, from what I've heard. Even subtle differences in tempo make all the difference. I think Eisley are the only ones who are really going to be able to nail "Eisley".

I hope they get to the point that they feel like they can resurrect it live, if this is how it was supposed to sound.

The old Brighly Wound
AND
the original Telescope Eyes

Mooncutter wrote:
WB felt the song had the potential to be a solid radio tune, and wanted to release it as the second single.

The sad irony is, now that I hear this version, if they'd left it alone and had some faith in their artist, it very well might have been!
Last edited by inorbit on Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:42 am; edited 14 times in total
oliez
Vintage Newbie

I can't remember the last time I listened to the cut from RN on purpose. The ending of the demo blows me away. It's too bad.
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

wow, that was amazing.
..now i dont hate brightly wound
haha that is probably my least favorite song, the RN version.
but this is just great.

oh whyyy did they change it Confused

-Mae West
pumamina
Golly, Poster

The only thing about the old one is that during the verses its so hard to pick out the lyrics
sorta gives me a headace to try and truely listen

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>