Laughing City
rottenxbeauty
Sea Post King

so....max is jewish, sherri is christian
interfaith weddings are pretty awesome...wonder what they'll do?
just sayin'

good luck to the happy couple!

alinicole
Sea Post King

Well, I guess it really isn't any of our business but I'll just throw in there that I think he is a Christian now?

Either way, congrats to the both of them. Very Happy Very Happy

rottenxbeauty
Sea Post King

no no i dont want it to seem like i was prying
i just think its really cool that they're marrying outside their faiths 'cause i know both of them are fairly religious.

sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

Maybe Max is a Messianic Jew?
rottenxbeauty
Sea Post King

sukieinthe_g wrote:
Maybe Max is a Messianic Jew?

after reading this http://www.sayanythingmusic.com/news/a-jewish-kind-of-pop-song i highly doubt it

besides, what's wrong with us regular jews anyway? we can have fun too Laughing

norad
Vintage Newbie

I think Max converted.
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

He switched teams. Same God, different Messiah.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

When the heck did he switch teams?
He has references to Judaism in a lot of his songs.
Who did we trade for him? Did we get rid of Creed?

sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

Let's hope so.
ks1990
Lost at Forum

I know a few couples who are different religions and neither person converted to the other one's religion when they got married. But yeah, I think it's quite uncommon, not to convert.
starnothing
Laughing Citizen

ks1990 wrote:
I know a few couples who are different religions and neither person converted to the other one's religion when they got married. But yeah, I think it's quite uncommon, not to convert.

Yeah I think most do convert to be the same religion.
And for those who don't, which I happen to know a family like that,
their kids are just confused and end up being nothing...or choosing. *shrug*

I dont want to make this a prying thread either, but this is an interesting topic for me and it's something I can kinda relate to, I'm Muslim and my sister married an American...who read about Islam for a while and then he decided it was right for him as well. Btw, I'm pretty sure he did it for the right reasons (faith) and not just to marry my sister. That's how people should do it. Anyway, I'd rather marry someone of my faith as well, it just makes things a lot easier when you understand each other on that level and don't have to explain everything.
Of course, if you're not religious people you won't care, which is cool too.
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

starnothing wrote:
ks1990 wrote:

I dont want to make this a prying thread either, but this is an interesting topic for me and it's something I can kinda relate to, I'm Muslim and my sister married an American...who read about Islam for a while and then he decided it was right for him as well. Btw, I'm pretty sure he did it for the right reasons (faith) and not just to marry my sister. That's how people should do it. Anyway, I'd rather marry someone of my faith as well, it just makes things a lot easier when you understand each other on that level and don't have to explain everything.

Yeah, I agree. I'm Jewish and I dated someone who wasn't Jewish for 2 years and that feeling of constantly being questioned was just not worth it. I mean, it definitely depends on the person. We also just weren't right for each other. But I've found that for me personally, when I date someone of the same religion theres just so many more things to relate to each other with and it's nice.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

starnothing wrote:
ks1990 wrote:

I used to be totally set on marrying a Christian like myself, but then I met my husband. He's Jewish, though not practicing at the moment. We understand each other's faith as well as any two people can, I think. He knew I wouldn't convert for him, and I knew he wouldn't convert for me, so we said "screw it" and got married anyway. When we have kids, we'll explain everything whenever they ask, and they will most certainly get to choose their religion. My parents didn't raise me with the slightest inclination toward a particular religion; if anything they were animists during my childhood, with a sprinkling of Native American traditions. I ended up choosing Christianity myself, so I daresay I turned out all right.

I love discussing this kind of stuff and I hope Sherri and Max aren't opposed to the conversation they've sparked. If Max converted, that's awesome, and if not that's still awesome. More power to both of them and I wish them every happiness. Mazel tov! Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RockerChick
Sea Post King

JBaker wrote:

Who did we trade for him? Did we get rid of Creed?

thread winner.
lazerbith
Sea Post King

well, the deal is that christians follow the bible. or i think most do anymore?
and the bible, a.k.a word of god, is pretty clear about relationships with non believers.
not that it can be forced, but whatever.
so im sorta confused saellys. for the most part is it safe to say that the jewish faith does not believe jesus is the messiah? and since that is the basis for christianity as a whole, how can you reconcile that? also, is it not forbidden in Judaism to describe god as taking human form, aka jesus? thus christianity totally violates the Jewish belief. two totally contradictory faiths. so, im lost.