Laughing City
Ceryini
Sea Post King

I just got a drum kit liiiike saturday I think? anyway, I was wondering if anybody knew where I could get some? Or even sheet music would do. google hasn't been very helpful ^^"
lace face
Sea Post King

I just got one on saturday too, i have been wondering the same thing....weird
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

There really aren't any. Drums 'tabs' in general aren't very popular, because drummers can just learn a song by ear pretty easily (since it doesn't require any concepts of melody or harmony). If you can read charts and grooves on the fly, music can be a useful timesaver, but if you are a beginner, I don't think tabs will help you learn any faster than your ear. The best thing you could possibly do is find a teacher in your area to start studying with.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
blisteredavalon
Sea Post King

its alot more beneficial to try to learn them by ear. being able to learn anything by ear for any instrument is a vital skill for a musician.
Ceryini
Sea Post King

Lace Face: interesting o.o;

DRMS_7888: I schee, thanks for the info. I've tried learning a few things by ear, the only problem I have is hearing the drums in the track and playing in real life sound a little different, or maybe it's something to do with my drums? Or it could just be because I'm new to it? xP and also, I find it hard to pick out spacifics like ghost notes and rim shots.

Blisteredavalon: Something I must try to learn then xP

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Ceryini wrote:

DRMS_7888: I schee, thanks for the info. I've tried learning a few things by ear, the only problem I have is hearing the drums in the track and playing in real life sound a little different, or maybe it's something to do with my drums? Or it could just be because I'm new to it? xP and also, I find it hard to pick out spacifics like ghost notes and rim shots.

Well, your drumset will most likely have some different sized drums than Weston's Kit. I don't know exactly what he uses, but I believe it's a standard 5 piece rock setup (bass drum, snare drum, two mounted toms and a floor tom). Also, they are probably tuned differently than your set.

Personally, I don't think it really matters if you don't play something exactly like another drummer. There are always peculiarities in drums, cymbals, sticks, and most importantly technique that makes every drummer a unique sounding musician. The fact that you can keep good time and lay down the groove for your bandmates is far more important.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kiko
Golly, Poster

i've just found that if you just muck about with headphones on and try and play along you pick it up alot quicker then the sheet music, tho saying that i am god awful. tho as my brother's family now live with us i don't get to hit them as much, blooming babies just don't like loud out of time bangs when they're asleep. Confused

have a 6 drum setup (snare, bass drum, floor tom and three suspended toms, 14" hi-hat, 16" crash, 18" crash/ride, 20" ride. then little add-ons like double bass pedal (which i can't use, my left leg is retarded) 2x cowbells amd a tambourine) and i haven't spent a penny on it, tho i'm going to reskin the the 12" tom.

smile Very Happy
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Here's Weston's kit set-up, maybe he's changed it since this picture though. I like 2 mounted toms myself, can't stand to play on other people's set-ups.

You have to make this face in order to play Eisley songs correctly:

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Ceryini
Sea Post King

DRMS_7888 wrote:
Ceryini wrote:

Well, your drumset will most likely have some different sized drums than Weston's Kit. I don't know exactly what he uses, but I believe it's a standard 5 piece rock setup (bass drum, snare drum, two mounted toms and a floor tom). Also, they are probably tuned differently than your set.

Personally, I don't think it really matters if you don't play something exactly like another drummer. There are always peculiarities in drums, cymbals, sticks, and most importantly technique that makes every drummer a unique sounding musician. The fact that you can keep good time and lay down the groove for your bandmates is far more important.

Cool thanks :] you've helped a lot.

kiko wrote:
i've just found that if you just muck about with headphones on and try and play along you pick it up alot quicker then the sheet music, tho saying that i am god awful. tho as my brother's family now live with us i don't get to hit them as much, blooming babies just don't like loud out of time bangs when they're asleep. Confused

have a 6 drum setup (snare, bass drum, floor tom and three suspended toms, 14" hi-hat, 16" crash, 18" crash/ride, 20" ride. then little add-ons like double bass pedal (which i can't use, my left leg is retarded) 2x cowbells amd a tambourine) and i haven't spent a penny on it, tho i'm going to reskin the the 12" tom.

Really? Babies don't like that? who would have guessed? xD but that sucks, my family is surprisingly tolerant of the noise. But it's early days yet =P I give them another week.
I've a five piece; snare, two suspended toms, floor tom and bass. I've a crash cymbal and hihat and I'm gonna buy a ride cymbal soon enough.

Nowhere Man: Ah-ha! I knew I was missing an essential part! the face! I'll be playing like a pro in no time now =P