Laughing City
aurora7795
Sea Post King

Hey guys,
Hi, I'm new to the boards so I hope I've posted in the right place but I just wandered if there were in peeps based in the UK here? I discovered the band through Last.FM and have fallen in love with the 2 records - it's been a long time since I've heard a band that really captivate me like these guys but it seems like no one has heard of them over here. Anybody here a fan of Marmite and a cup of tea? Smile

MBG

kiko
Golly, Poster

marmite is the foulest thing in the world..... tho i wouldn't say no to a cuppa, milk, two sugars.

i think there is a couple of us from the UK lurking about here tho. i was lucky enough to catch them supporting some band back in 2006 (think it was taking back sunday, tho can't be sure) and fell in love with them from there on. we just need to get the message out to everyone, make a little mix cd for a few friends and try getting them hooked. i have two peeps at the moment that have them permanently in their cars, so should have company for the next time they're over here.

smile Very Happy
sebas
Golly, Poster

All the British are good for is throwing beer bottles at nice bands. Sad

-Mahatma, Gandhi
aurora7795
Sea Post King

Yeah, can't say I'm a big fan of Marmite myself either but it was the most British thing I could think of quickly ^_^

Nice to hear I'm not the only one out there! I really hope they manage to get out here again at some point - I wish I had known about them when they were last here, doh!

I have been spreading the word about the band too - I teach guitar and got one of my female teenage students hooked to them. They are an interesting band in that their music is very accessible without losing it's soul or feeling commercial - on one hand I'd love it if they got the recognition they deserve over here but on the other hand I kinda like that they are wonderful little secret that I get to share with people Smile

milk in first, one sugar for me Very Happy

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

sebas wrote:

False. Also, the first time that happened to Eisley, they were in America.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
aurora7795
Sea Post King

sebas wrote:

Unfortunately, you're right - there seem to be a lot of idiots at English gigs Sad Reading festival is the worst for that.

sebas
Golly, Poster

Saellys wrote:
sebas wrote:

False.

That's like saying Thom Yorke wasn't high off his mind when he approved of the Arpeggi video.

-Mahatma, Gandhi
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

sebas wrote:

And industrial music, but nothing else...jk!

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

I know there are a few here Smile

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Saellys wrote:
sebas wrote:

That's happened to Eisley? Geez!

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

lookingXglass wrote:
Saellys wrote:
sebas wrote:

That's happened to Eisley? Geez!

yeah, i remember hearing about that. i would be surprised if that's the last time it happened, stupid drunks, lol. also, someone threw their underwear at Stacy, i think, at a Detroit show...bleh. that's just gross.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
ks1990
Lost at Forum

I'm from the UK!
but i don't really like telling people here about Eisley, as no one seems to care, and i've heard a lot of negative comments about them from people who I have tried to convert (only 1 friend of mine actually ended up liking them!). Like at the TBS gig in 2006, I remember reading really negative forum posts about them, (which i won't repeat, as they were quite offensive).
So yeah, I kinda think UK wouldn't really 'get' Eisley, but i guess i'm generalizing!
sebas
Golly, Poster

I'm sure it's just the younger punk generations filled with teenage angst that might disapprove of Eisley.

I'd like to think Eisley is good tea sipping and crumpet munching music. Razz

-Mahatma, Gandhi
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

*steps in. offers hand for handshake*

There are some v. english things about me. Like my love of tea. Oh my goodness. If I could just have boiling water out the tap that would be perfect. The amount of cups I can take in a day is the reason I don't take any sugar! Laughing Go figure.

kiko wrote:

Eisley supported some band... blahdeblah... might've been taking back sunday

(sorry - I deleted more than I should've done, so made up your words...)

Yeah, it was TBS. I remember because
1 - I was SOOOO psyched to be FINALLY (after two years) being able to see my favourite band live.
2 - I have a knack for remembering stupid things about gigs i've been to, like the fact that I had ticked number 515 for The Pogues show I went to.
3 - It was a good chance/excuse to see a band that one guy in one of my groups of mates loved to bits. In reality, I had only gone to see Eisley and Hellogoodbye, and once I'd met them/boyd/sound guy and got my record... I felt no need to stay there much longer. One of I think three times I've left a gig early. (one other being to go and see Eisley, after seeing The Envy Corps play Water Rats in London. Man that was a good couple of days).

So yeah... there are a few fans around on the board. Occasionally I bump into people that love them... which is cool, but I don't try and "convert" people. There are far more important things than that.

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
kiko
Golly, Poster

mad_sam_purple'ead wrote:
I had only gone to see Eisley and Hellogoodbye, and once I'd met them/boyd/sound guy and got my record... I felt no need to stay there much longer.

if i had known how much i would have grown to love em i would have popped along to say hello at the merch stand, but unfortunately at the birmingham gig i went next door to have a couple of drinks with my mate to get the queue jumper thing then he had a bit too many inside, lost his phone then disappeared for 2 hours, if i knew he would have been like that i would have written my address on his hand because he hadn't been to brum before. ah well next time, that or when i finally get a passport and theres a special gig on the east coast i may just have to fly across Very Happy (need to win the lottery first tho)

smile Very Happy