Laughing City
ridiculousthoughts
Sea Post King

I read that you enjoyed "The Fall" and I think you might enjoy another movie that is as heartfelt, creative, and artistic as "The Fall" is. "Mirrormask" is the name of the movie. I hope you'll like it. :]
[/img]
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

O MY GOD! I f**king love The Mirrormask! The creative characters blew me away. And the fact that they used a lot of imgoen Heap songs just added to it;s appeal. That is one on my favorite movies ever. Sorry I'm kinda crazy sometimes. But I recommend that movie for anyone. i've never heard of The Fall, but I checked it out and it seems cool.

The circus at the beginning of The Mirrormask is awesome.

I also recommend this movie for SHerri, I mean The Mirrormask. I actually considered that as a screen name when i was making a Laughing City account.'

Again I'm crazy sometimes, I prefer passionate though Smile

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
norad
Vintage Newbie

I love Mirrormask. One of my favorite movies.

P.S. it's not The Mirrormask. It's just Mirrormask.
nevernever
Laughing Citizen

hasn't she seen it already? I think she recommended it in a journal entry a long time ago...
Joined: 10 Nov 2005 | Posts: 1692 | Location: orange county, ca
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

I feel like there has been a lot of Mirrormask discussion on here, but maybe just cause a lot of people here like it, I dunno.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Pretty sure she's seen it. I, for one, didn't think it was the best representation of Gaiman and McKean's collaborative prowess.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lace face
Sea Post King

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is a must its hilarious and witty.... also has robert downey jr and val kilmer:D
Molten Eyes
Sea Post King

If you don't mind reading subtitles, watch The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (Le Scaphandre et le Papillon). It is one of the most beautiful movies I have ever seen. The story breaks my heart every time I watch it.
Joined: 08 Nov 2004 | Posts: 169 | Location: Sugar Land, TX
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Cendrillon wrote:
I feel like there has been a lot of Mirrormask discussion on here, but maybe just cause a lot of people here like it, I dunno.

I've never really seen anyone put anything about it until today, so I'm happy because it's one of the coolest movies I've ever seen Smile

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

El Topo, Dead Man, The Shooting, or any other 'acid western'.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
Caley
Lost at Forum

Molten Eyes wrote:
If you don't mind reading subtitles, watch The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (Le Scaphandre et le Papillon). It is one of the most beautiful movies I have ever seen. The story breaks my heart every time I watch it.

I love that movie! I love the cinematography, the story, the acting... everything!

I also would recommend Love Me If You Dare and Amelie for Sherri if she hasn't seen them already. They're both French but they both have a dreamer's heart at the core. They never fail to put a smile on my face either.

The Beat That My Heart Skipped is another great French film as well. It's a little darker than the other two, but not as sad as The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.

stumple13
Sea Post King

Caley wrote:
Molten Eyes wrote:

I love that movie! I love the cinematography, the story, the acting... everything!

I also would recommend Love Me If You Dare and Amelie for Sherri if she hasn't seen them already. They're both French but they both have a dreamer's heart at the core. They never fail to put a smile on my face either.

The Beat That My Heart Skipped is another great French film as well. It's a little darker than the other two, but not as sad as The Diving Bell and the Butterfly.

I completely agree with Amelie, that is one of my favorite movies of all time. It's beautiful
Sabin le Rose
Sea Post King

Casshern.

I dunno if this would be up her alley.

But its somthing that you should definitly watch once in your life.
<3

Why are people so afraid to be lost? I say you need to be lost for a while, it's the best way of rediscovering your past familiarity or sentiments. Who needs a comfort zone when theres experience to gain? I find this especially essential in music....so go, get lost!"
Joined: 28 Nov 2008 | Posts: 32 | Location: Rossland, Canada.
brandy alexander
Sea Post King

Since we're on the subject of recommendations for Sherri, I think she would like the novel Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke, if she hasn't read it already Smile
pumamina
Golly, Poster

Atonement
Funny Face
The Hole
I love movies so much the list would go on and on