Laughing City
abbiemarie
Sea Post King

Hey!

I'm currently taking a new media marketing class, and we've been learning about brand development. We're supposed to focus on one mainstream artist the whole semester and write a series of papers on things such as brand development, social networking strategies...blah, blah, blah. Anyway, none of the artists I listen to really classify as "mainstream" -- Eisley's the closest thing, so I'm focusing on them. Smile

The first paper (the one on brand development) is due this Thursday, but I need some help gathering information. I see on this site where the endorsements are listed. My questions are...Does anyone have any more information about the history of any of these endorsement relationships, and does anyone know if they've ever had any sponsorship deals (like any sponsored tours)? I looked at Boyd's tour posters and noticed a Yahoo! music one. Anyone know anything about that?

I know this post is all businessy sounding and boring. I'm really not that type of a person...I hate business lingo, but I gotta do the assignments! Thanks for reading!

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Sounds like an awesome class and a pretty sweet assignment.

I don't know the details of any of their sponsorships (besides LaRose Guitars giving them a few free--and awesome--axes), but the Yahoo! tour was a result of Eisley winning a Launch "Who's Next" poll. Yahoo! liked what they saw and decided to sponsor a tour for the band that would be all free shows. They lent Eisley a tour bus and were generally quite awesome to the band. The really awesome thing is that the fans were directly responsible for Yahoo! noticing Eisley in such a way--we flooded the Who's Next poll and got them the top spot. It was pretty awesome that Eisley and Yahoo! chose to repay us with free shows.

Hope all goes well with the paper!

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
abbiemarie
Sea Post King

Thanks so much for the info!!

Very Happy

CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

You should send a private message about this to Kimbrtones or boyd. Boyd in particular knows the ins and outs, but Kim may have more time to reply. You may just want to post your question as a comment in boyd's most recent trolleywood journal, as he seems to be actively replying to posts there at present, and he has been talking a lot about the business aspects of Eisley in the journal (and in the comments to the journal) lately. Good luck with your class.

And this thread was about them all getting Ben Sherman clothing. Not sure if it will apply at all to your class, but a good read anyway! Laughing http://www.eisley.com/laughingcity/viewtopic.php?t=31022
abbiemarie
Sea Post King

Thanks. Yeah, I thought about asking Boyd...perhaps I'll go do that.
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

i feel like they had some sort of epiphone endorsement didnt they? because both chauntelle and sherri got epiphone guitars out of it. maybe im wrong.

i know they have some ben sherman endorsement yeah?

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
lace face
Sea Post King

Rockett clothing too! but the guitars are from chauntelles boyfriend
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

lace face wrote:
but the guitars are from chauntelles boyfriend

They had a Gibson and/or Epiphone endorsement before LaRose Guitars. And if you have some proof of Todd being Chauntelle's boyfriend, please cite your source.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
redboots
Sea Post King

I think 'Darla'or something along those lines sponsors their make up (Weston's and Garron's that is)

Wink
Joined: 30 May 2008 | Posts: 309 | Location: above the tree tops
abbiemarie
Sea Post King

Who are Weston and Garron?

Wink

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
lace face wrote:

They had a Gibson and/or Epiphone endorsement before LaRose Guitars. And if you have some proof of Todd being Chauntelle's boyfriend, please cite your source.

Sherri said it on a facebook picture she posted of Chauntelle. "Chauntelle bein' fierce with her new custom Telecaster made by her sweet BF."

What about Macbeth shoes?

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
lace face wrote:

I had a conversation with Chauntelle in Seattle last November when they were there for the symphony concert and she told me that he was her boyfriend (he was there). I didn't ask her or anything, it just somehow came up in the conversation. Straight from the horses mouth!

And I know Nowhere Man already posted proof of the fact, but I just wanted to share my story. Cool
lace face
Sea Post King

Saellys wrote:
lace face wrote:

Boyd, wiki and Facebook.
Lynn
Golly, Poster

About endorsements
I don't know how recent this information is. LaRose is on there, though.

I don't really know if that's the information that would help you the most for your paper...
This might be useful. It's really really interesting anyway.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

uncreative wrote:
Saellys wrote:
lace face wrote:

I had a conversation with Chauntelle in Seattle last November when they were there for the symphony concert and she told me that he was her boyfriend (he was there). I didn't ask her or anything, it just somehow came up in the conversation. Straight from the horses mouth!

And I know Nowhere Man already posted proof of the fact, but I just wanted to share my story. Cool

Hannah got PWND! Laughing

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere