Laughing City
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

AMG, all music guide ( http://www.allmusic.com ) is the internet's foremost source for band bios and reviews Well I was surfing for info today. Seeing what they said about Copeland's latest, You Are My Sunshine when I found what Eisley fans will consider a HUGE error, or my lack of a sense of humor about said authors attempt at humor:

http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:dzfoxzwkld6e

" Review by Andrew Leahey

You Are My Sunshine begins with "Should You Return," a midtempo number drenched in Aaron Marsh's vocal harmonies. The frontman's voice has grown considerably since Copeland launched in 2000, now encompassing everything from a low tenor range to a borderline-effeminate head voice, and his vocals flaunt their true scope on the opening track. You Are My Sunshine proceeds in similar fashion, mixing sonic uplift with a light, mellow approach that seeks to endear but not overwhelm. The album's secret weapon is the inclusion of budding songstress Rae Cassidy Klagstad, whose voice recalls a more soulful incarnation of the DuPree twins from Eisley. Her guest contributions often make for the best songs, from the careful meander of "Not So Tough Found Out" to the electronic waltz (complete with quiet stabs of horns) of "The Day I Lost My Voice (The Suitcase Song)." Fans of Death Cab for Cutie's early material will find something familiar about You Are My Sunshine, which often flaunts the same combination of intimate, Sunday-afternoon songcraft and light electronic flourishes. These tracks aren't as immediately ingratiating as Copeland's past work, perhaps, but serious listens reveal a growing band that has learned to couch melody in a number of interesting contexts. "

Embarassed

Unless of course after following the band for nearly 6 years I totally missed something Confused

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Twins could just mean pair in this instance, but it certainly leaves the assumption open.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

They could've easily written 'sisters'. I'm willing to bet that they honestly thought they were twins.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

Tyler, since when has the term "twins" been used to apply to mean two related people. I've never heard the term "twins" being used other than to describe ... a pair of twins...

Of course, certain objects are "twinned" with others - Glasgow City is twinned with Turin, for example - but come on... Confused

They blatantly should have used the term "sisters"

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I went back and reread their Eisley bio, the one everywhere else uses, and both album reviews, both EP reviews, and only in this review (of all the reviews I've read on their site, it's not like I've read all gagillion of em') that this potentially boneheaded, or "joke's on you n00b!", reference was made. It would look real band if this writer didn't just read the bio from the site he was submitting to, or any music site that cribs their bios (almost all of them).

Evil or Very Mad & Twisted Evil

the Failure Twins.

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Pantheon4 wrote:
They could've easily written 'sisters'. I'm willing to bet that they honestly thought they were twins.
If it was at a time when Stacy and Sherri were both blond, I can easily see the mistake!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Dumb mistake/assumption. Though I it's a bit more insulting than catastrophic.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
Dumb mistake/assumption. Though I it's a bit more insulting than catastrophic.

Yeah, agreed. Hey, at least I said "Check your facts!" and not "..." Oh I won't even go there. Cool

I've made flubs in reviews, like noting a cover inaccurately, because I didn't know the original band's work, and attribute it to a more popularized band's version of the cover (i. e. crediting Harvey Danger w/ Save It For Later). But maybe it was a compliment as to the blending of the voices? I don't know, it just seemed tacky. Thing is, I wasn't expecting to hear about Eisley in the review, so the exposure aspect was almost a pleasant surprise, that is until...

bigideas
Vintage Newbie

do they still list Jon as being in the band?

sorry i had to do it:

lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

lol, someone needs to do more reserach before writing their next review xD

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

No, they have Garron as Bass player. But that's the Bio, the bio was fine, it was the Copeland - You Are My Sunshine reviewer who blew it.

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

I'd take greater umbridge at the implication that the girls lack soul.
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:

Evil or Very Mad & Twisted Evil

the Failure Twins.

Laughing

Eisley Twins like Thompson Twins. I think they were trying to paint a picture with words more than meaning it literally.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

You're such a generous person to give that writer the benefit of the doubt. At least with the Thompson Twins it was a band name. Eisley doesn't even imply plurality.

Oh well, the selling point of this forum is that Eisley has the nicest fans, so I'm not that mad, but Inorbit did make a good point about the implied "lack of soul".

Kindling, Stake, lighter fluid anyone? Twisted Evil

I kid, I kid Wink