Laughing City
Lost Account 14082
Sea Post King

Crazily enough, my hedgehog Junie has a thing for music- especially Eisley. Listening to any of their songs calms her down and sometimes helps her go to sleep. Anybody else have an animal with a thing for Eisley? It's pretty funny, but cute watching Junie's behavior when she hears Eisley. She's just a musical hedgehog (with very good taste)! Laughing
drew8890
Sea Post King

I think my dog Geronimo likes them. Everytime he comes into my room when they are playing he falls fast asleep.
TheClassicRomance
Sea Post King

My crochety old parakeet who normally just makes grumpy,grumbly noises chirps and sings when he hears them. It's pretty cute.
mad_sam_purple'ead
Vintage Newbie

my gf was suprised to hear eisley on her ipod the other day...

sorry - couldn't resist the slight punnage of "pet".

TheClassicRomance wrote:
Facebook is a dirty skank

blog!
Joined: 03 Mar 2005 | Posts: 7598 | Location: Dundee, scotland
lace face
Sea Post King

drew8890 wrote:
I think my dog Geronimo likes them. Everytime he comes into my room when they are playing he falls fast asleep.

Same here its works like a spell on my dog Very Happy
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

How do you have a hedgehog?!! Is that even legal? Either way, it's awesome and I'm jealous.

And no, my dogs hate music. Well they tend to ignore it, but if i put something on low in the headphones close to them, they freak out. The only thing they respond to is the Noggin channel on lower volume. It keeps them reallllly calm. If I leave on like (yes, I leave TV on for them when I'm gone Razz) regular Nickelodeon or something with all the loud, obnoxious noise, my neighbors have reported them barking and the house shows that havoc was wreaked, which makes me really think about children today (and in my day) and their inappropriate hyperactiveness.

Lost Account 14082
Sea Post King

Yup, it's actually very legal in most states. I have the domesticated breed- African Pygmy- not the kind you see in the wild. I bought her from a breeder. So no worries about legal issues. Smile

And the Nickelodeon thing is hilarious! That station drives me crazy, but my 8-year-old brother loves it, so I have to put up with it anyways. And my dog is the same way about music. I've tried putting earbuds in her ears to see what she'd do. She doesn't like it at all, so I haven't tried it since. Maybe if I just played her music from my radio she'd respond differently. That's what I sometimes do with Junie, but normally I sing the Eisley songs to her. Maybe it's just my voice, or maybe she just likes the melodic qualities in Eisley's songs. She surely doesn't act that way when I sing opera (I'm a classically trained singer).
lace face
Sea Post King

A book i read a couple years back called L8r G8r had this girl who owns baby chicks and she referenced Eisley as what calmed them down.
"Smallest squishy really likes music, anything by Eisley." haha i remember reading this in 7th grade...
Lost Account 14082
Sea Post King

Haha, really? I tried reading the first book in that series, like, four years ago (I think I was eleven). Of course, I didn't quite expect all the risque content, was horrified/appaled, and quickly put it down. I may have to pick it back up now that I know the author has superb taste in music!
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

yeah my dog loves it. she calms WAAAAAAAAAAY down and falls asleep when i play brightly wound for her. =)))))
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

My dog, Jenny and my cat, Pepper always fall asleep when someone is playing the guitar. They don't really respond to like music on cds, but if my brother or myself are playing the guitar, they fall right to sleep.

I remember, when my brother lived with us, he used to serenade our dog. I loved watching him do it cause it was so darn cute.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!