Laughing City
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Not that it's a bad thing, in fact it's awesome. My family members always get mad because I'm pretty much obsessed with Eisley. The only other person I've met who listened to Eisley was also described as 'obsessed' with the band...It's awesome, no?

I think it's because of how open and friendly Eisley is Smile

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
Joined: 28 Dec 2007 | Posts: 807 | Location: Wouldn't you like to know?
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

My ex was an "offline" Eisley fan, and I was always the one to head online for updates on projects and foraging for tracks that I didn't know about etc. She would have never sought out the EP1 or EP2 tracks or bothered to download the B-sides from itunes. So that would make her less crazy about Eisley? She did buy Room Noises at Hastings on a humbug before I got my copy, but prior to that I'd bought Laughing City and Marvelous things, which I played for her. Maybe that's why she's an "Ex", and not a current?

I would chalk up the devotion to their "underdog" status. They are in the big leagues, which is a huge accomplishment, and yet, they are not over-exposed or saturating the market. They are just doing their thing, live and let live. That engenders trust on my part. Trust makes fans for life.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
lace face
Sea Post King

lookingXglass wrote:
Not that it's a bad thing, in fact it's awesome. My family members always get mad because I'm pretty much obsessed with Eisley. The only other person I've met who listened to Eisley was also described as 'obsessed' with the band...It's awesome, no?

I think it's because of how open and friendly Eisley is Smile

Ha this is my family to a T me and my sister love the band and always look for updates... parents think i am crazy.
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

wilsmith wrote:

I would chalk up the devotion to their "underdog" status. They are in the big leagues, which is a huge accomplishment, and yet, they are not over-exposed or saturating the market. They are just doing their thing, live and let live. That engenders trust on my part. Trust makes fans for life.

I like that too...sadly sort of. I tend to ignore bands that are "big" or you might here on the radio because it kind of reminds me of how some singers and bands don't write their music or songs and sometimes don't really play music; sometimes a lot of the music sounds the same. But sometimes it doesn't, but I still prefer listening to bands that are not as popular. Eisley is pretty much one of those bands who isn't that popular, but you can still find over 500 videos on youtube of.

"I don't wanna touch you and feel so helpless; I don't wanna smell you and lose my senses" Rufus Wainwright, Foolish Love
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

I drive everybody I know crazy, talking about Eisley all the time, but I think it's mostly because they're not familiar with them! What are you gonna do? Confused
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

mikep0922 wrote:
I drive everybody I know crazy, talking about Eisley all the time, but I think it's mostly because they're not familiar with them! What are you gonna do? Confused

Sadly, I recommend Eisley to everyone I know as "the BEST band that you've probably never heard of..." Wink

I really can't understand why Eisley isn't more widely known and appreciated~ but I, for one, can say that they've changed my life since I discovered them about three years ago. Best band ever!! Smile

lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

Dan and Sam wrote:
mikep0922 wrote:

Sadly, I recommend Eisley to everyone I know as "the BEST band that you've probably never heard of..." Wink

I really can't understand why Eisley isn't more widely known and appreciated~ but I, for one, can say that they've changed my life since I discovered them about three years ago. Best band ever!! Smile

I agree...and it was just chance that I discovered them because I just happened to be walking by when my sister was watching the Invasion video on AOL on demand (a digital cable channel)...I kinda like that they aren't widely known; especially since if you think about it, they are pretty popular for a band that isn't very popular...know what I mean, sometimes that sounds like it doesn't make sense, but I mean you'll never have any trouble finding videos and clips on youtube of them.

Lost Account 14082
Sea Post King

Eisley is actually the only band I'll called myself "obsessed" with. I own both their CDs, which saying a lot, because I NEVER buy full CDs. Razz My entire family thinks I'm crazy, and my friends are convinced Eisley is weird, but I don't care! Stacy, Sherri, Garron, Weston, and Chauntelle will always be close to my heart. <3
lookingXglass
Golly, Poster

SuperCocoa wrote:
Eisley is actually the only band I'll called myself "obsessed" with. I own both their CDs, which saying a lot, because I NEVER buy full CDs. Razz My entire family thinks I'm crazy, and my friends are convinced Eisley is weird, but I don't care! Stacy, Sherri, Garron, Weston, and Chauntelle will always be close to my heart. <3

Me too...except I need to buy some of their CD's. I never buy them either, I limewire xD, but I do want to buy Eisley's older CDs and I am planning on buying their next one the first day it comes out.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Shocked

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
sukieinthe_g
Golly, Poster

I stuck this in here because I didn't want to start a whole new flippin' thread. I think it kind of relates.

But I saw it this morning and thought it was funny.