Laughing City
Lost Account 14083
Sea Post King

so i found all older eisley songs pretty easily, but it took FOREVER to find their cover of In The Aeroplane Over the Sea. i am absolutely in love with it. i think i might even like it more then the original (it might also be because i will always be very bias for eisley)
lace face
Sea Post King

skylitveil wrote:
so i found all older eisley songs pretty easily, but it took FOREVER to find their cover of In The Aeroplane Over the Sea. i am absolutely in love with it. i think i might even like it more then the original (it might also be because i will always be very bias for eisley)

Oh i have that song its really pretty i almost like it better than the original but again almost...
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

Eisley's was the first version I heard, so I may be biased as well, but when I listened to Neutral Milk Hotel's music, I still preferred Eisley's version over the original.
lace face
Sea Post King

KH Vandread wrote:
Eisley's was the first version I heard, so I may be biased as well, but when I listened to Neutral Milk Hotel's music, I still preferred Eisley's version over the original.

Oh see i heard Neutral Milk Hotels song first, that might be why i like it better....
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

lace face wrote:
KH Vandread wrote:

Oh see i heard Neutral Milk Hotels song first, that might be why i like it better....

That's possible. For me, I tend to like whatever version of a song I hear first.
OceanMachine
Lost at Forum

Jeff Mangum's voice is a big part of NMH, so whether or not you prefer the original or the cover probably also has to do with how tolerant you are of abrasive vocals. Although he's not so over-the-top on that song.
Sea Post King

OceanMachine wrote:
Jeff Mangum's voice is a big part of NMH, so whether or not you prefer the original or the cover probably also has to do with how tolerant you are of abrasive vocals. Although he's not so over-the-top on that song.

Haha, no joke. That album is the only one I've listened to and I hadn't gotten used to his vocals. If I listen to it more, I may come to enjoy the songs more as well.
Noel K. Gewd
Sea Post King

you get used to his voice.
after awhile, you end up loving it, as you don't really notice the voice of the man as more the voice of song.
In The Aeroplane Over The Sea is definately one of my top 5 albums ^_^

back to the original topic, um, i think the hardest eisley song that i came along would be "wings and windows" or "we feel good"
both excellent songs. i wish they'd play them sometime.

KH Vandread
Sea Post King

Noel K. Gewd wrote:
after awhile, you end up loving it, as you don't really notice the voice of the man as more the voice of song.

back to the original topic, um, i think the hardest eisley song that i came along would be "wings and windows" or "we feel good"

Wings and Windows? I think I've only heard that song mentioned once before and that was a long time ago. I've never once heard it though.
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

KH Vandread wrote:
Noel K. Gewd wrote:

Wings and Windows? I think I've only heard that song mentioned once before and that was a long time ago. I've never once heard it though.

It's amazing. We Feel Good was never recorded, sadly. There's only a garageband demo of it.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
It's amazing. We Feel Good was never recorded, sadly. There's only a garageband demo of it.

Actually, it looks like I have heard Wings and Windows after all lol

As for We Feel Good, I know of the demo your talking about, though there is a pretty good quality live version of it out there. I'm pretty sure it's on SYP.
Mooncutter
Lost at Forum

They played it live quite a bit during the spring tour of '06

Vintage Newbie

Mooncutter wrote:

They played it live quite a bit during the spring tour of '06

Yeah, I know. I'm just saying it was never recorded in the studio. I remember seeing it live. I was astounded. I still wish they would've done a studio version.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
KH Vandread
Sea Post King

Actually, I just really want a studio version of Lady of the Wood and Silver Bugs.
Pantheon4
Vintage Newbie

KH Vandread wrote:
Actually, I just really want a studio version of Lady of the Wood and Silver Bugs.

No you don't.

It’s probably better to have him inside the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in.

"Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature, such as self preservation?" -memo from 1952 Project ARTICHOKE

Joined: 19 Aug 2004 | Posts: 10565 | Location: Somewhere in the middle of nowhere