Laughing City
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

In a much earlier post annoucing and describing the tour, Boyd had suggested that since Eisley was an opening act, and not headlining, that they might be mingling with fans, and/or signing at the merch table after their sets. Has anyone had a pre- or post- concert personal contact with any DuPrees on the tour so far? I also remember them (Boyd again?)also saying that by following Twitter, there might be info about pre-concert appearences or meet-and-greets at coffeeshops, record stores, etc. (or am I dreaming that I read that..? Wink ) ...anybody have a story?

We're driving 1 1/2 hours to the Detroit/Pontiac concert on Sunday night, and my daughter Samantha ( and ME, of course !) are really hoping to meet some of the band in person. Samantha wants to thank Sherri personally for the awesome fairy drawing Sherri did of Sam back in April Very Happy

OOPS!! Embarassed I posted this under the "GENERAL" topic area... meant to post it under "eisley BLOG"!! Sorry! If Jamie, or other moderators see this, please move it to "eislyBLOG" Thanks!! Very Happy

Catey
Lost at Forum

I haven't obviously since I'm not even in the country but I have seen a few Boyd taken photos of the band hanging out at the merch table plus theres numerous tagged Facebook photos of Sherri and Stacy with fans from previous nights so I'm going to go ahead and say that yeah they are hanging out for you to meet etc so good luck.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
emilytheanteater
Sea Post King

yup! i met all the members again and got to chat with some for a bit. talked to collin a lot at the merch table. but they said they'll be signing right after they play until say anything goes on. and boyd and the guys were walking around before their set so i got to talk to them as well for a good few minutes.
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Mr. Green
stumple13
Sea Post King

I did! I met all the girls right after they played at the merch table. I asked stacy where weston and garron were and me and my friend found them loading up out back. So we hung out with them and talked for w while, boyd was there too. Very quality evening, what a stupendous family.
TigerNightmare
Sea Post King

Yeah, at the San Francisco show, they signed autographs and posed for photos with fans by the merch table. I remember on the last headlining tour, they were hanging out outside before the show doing the same thing to a much greater extent. If you're unlike me and have the social prowess and confidence to just talk to anyone, let alone some of your favorite musicians, then you can talk to them no problem if you see them.
Joined: 13 Oct 2008 | Posts: 13 | Location: South San Francisco, CA
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

I've talked with them at every show I've been to. April '06, Oct. '07, April '08, Oct. '09... I see a pattern. I noticed this the other day. I wonder if I'll see them in April of next year...?

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
LacyFace
Sea Post King

TigerNightmare wrote:
Yeah, at the San Francisco show, they signed autographs and posed for photos with fans by the merch table. I remember on the last headlining tour, they were hanging out outside before the show doing the same thing to a much greater extent. If you're unlike me and have the social prowess and confidence to just talk to anyone, let alone some of your favorite musicians, then you can talk to them no problem if you see them.

Same here, i am way to shy to talk to them Shocked And wouldn't know what to do if i met them....I am sure they are nice but meeting my favorite band since I was 12 years old is big deal
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Thanks all! That sounds totally awesome! Hope we get to meet them all.
We can't wait 'til Sunday night's concert! Very Happy

ganase
Sea Post King

First, please don't bash just sharing my personal experience. I got to speak to the band after the Chicago show. They were all kind enough to sign my litho which I sincerely appreciate. Chauntelle was a delight, very friendly and engaging. I felt the rest of the band was a bit...IDK standoffish. Yes meet/greet can be awkward, but I felt like the experience was a bit perfunctory. Needless to say I am still a huge fan and will continue to support the band, just wish it would have been a little more like older shows. Additionally, I am very grateful that they even take the time to meet fans in the first place. cheers.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

ganase wrote:
Chauntelle was a delight, very friendly and engaging. I felt the rest of the band was a bit...IDK standoffish. Yes meet/greet can be awkward, but I felt like the experience was a bit perfunctory.

I felt this way at every Eisley show I attended back in the Room Noises days, too. Chauntelle always goes out of her way to make sure people get what they want from the band in terms of conversation and merch-signing. I think the others are content to let her do the talking.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
shyviolet
Lost at Forum

i do always find chauntelle to be very approachable. it's quite nice of her but i try not to fault anyone else for not being so available. i'm introverted and i know it would be impossible for me to converse with new people every night. i don't know how chauntelle does it, it's a very special quality.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

Chauntelle is such a delight. Honestly, one of the nicest people I have ever had the pleasure to meet. I think Sherri and Stacy just get a bit more overwhelmed since they have more people coming up to them after shows. I've seen them 8 times so I've seen it happen a lot. Chauntelle talking to one or two people (with a biggest and most genuine smile ever), the guys talking to a couple people, and about 8 people around Sherri and Stacy wanting pics and autographs and talking all at once. And of course a bunch more people all around wanting to get in after those 8 are done. I know that all five of them are extremely grateful for each and every one of their fans, no matter how approachable they may seem after shows.

Another thing is, in perspective, this band is easier to talk to and more willing to talk with their fans than probably 99% of all bands as popular or more popular than they are. We all have a special thing going, being a fan of this amazingly special band, so keep that in mind. Very Happy
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

uncreative wrote:

Another thing is, in perspective, this band is easier to talk to and more willing to talk with their fans than probably 99% of all bands as popular or more popular than they are. We all have a special thing going, being a fan of this amazingly special band, so keep that in mind. Very Happy

I'm sure this is true, well said. Besides if the band is too tired or swamped, there's always Boyd. I'm just as disappointed that I won't get to hear his stories as missing Eisley's music on this supporting tour.

Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

Read the full description of the Detroit/Pontiac concert on that thread. The girls were awesome at the merch table after their set, as was Boyd. Chatting, signing autographs, and posing for photos. Make sure you go and meet them at your concert. They are totally amazing people! Enjoy!