Laughing City

Oasis Minus Noel (under another name), are you even the slightest bit curious?
Hmmm.....
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Seriously???
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Meh.
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
I'm for Noel, and Noel alone.
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
Why even add a poll, no one on here want's this around forever?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Sucks, I should have put a Poll on that old thread, cause I bothered to list who wrote what on each of the Oasis albums to show how Noel had been writing less and less as their albums slowly recovered from the disappointment that was Be Here Now

Needless to say this RS article made me sort of happy, though I know some will be happier when the Noel record comes to light:

Liam Gallagher Starts New Band With Oasis Minus Brother Noel
11/16/09, 9:52 am EST
Now that Oasis are “no longer,” frontman Liam Gallagher is starting a new band… with the members of Oasis who aren’t his brother Noel. Guitarist Gem Archer, bassist Andy Bell and drummer Chris Sharrock are currently working with Liam on new material, and Gallagher promises fans in an interview with an Italian radio station that this new incarnation of “Oasis” — they’ll sport a different moniker — will return to the stage shortly. “I’ll be back doing that, playing live, within a couple of months,” Liam said. “I’ve just done a tour, I always miss singing songs. I miss the people.”

As Rolling Stone previously reported, Noel Gallagher left Oasis in late August following a “fight backstage” before a performance at a French music festival. In the Italian interview (via Billboard), Liam reveals the argument started when Noel poorly treated a guitar that was given to Liam as a present from his wife. In response, Liam took one of Noel’s guitars and smashed it, but not on his brother. “I didn’t smash the guitar on him, I wish I had, man,” Liam said.

“To be quite honest, I think Noel wanted out,” Liam added. “We had an argument — but we’ve had bigger ones, about more important people. Basically, I think he wanted out, wanted something different, but he hadn’t got the bollocks to tell the band or the fans.” Liam wrote Oasis songs including “Songbird,” “Little James” and “I’m Outta Time,” but the music he produces in the new incarnation of the band will certainly be different minus his tense but creatively productive relationship with his brother. To drive the point home, Liam reiterated one last time, “Oasis is done.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

oh, Noel wrote 5/11 on the last two records

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Noel and Noel alone. In fact, I might make a banner that says that and bring it to his solo shows in the future. Very Happy

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Rolling Stone has been giving the Gallagher's a lot of love lately, and I think Pitchfork too, but yeah, here's an interview that might make some folks appreciate Liam a lot more:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/blogs/thread-count/exclusive-liam-ga llagher-on-his-award-winning-pretty-green-line-upcoming-beatles-movie- and-more-20111021

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Noel's album got a pretty low score on Pfork I think.

Why would that change your mind on Liam?

I actually want a really good Oasis related album but it seems they put too much sheen on everything. If they made records that sounded live in studio like their 60's heroes it would serve the music well. That would go a long way, but then lyrics would probably still would need an outside co-writer.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Well, I guess, from what I gather some people think of Liam as a shallow thoughtless snot that has no reverence for more pedestrian aspects of life. Just a shell of a person and vacuous spiteful rock star. Maybe it was just me?

As far as production, the closest you'll get to stripped down Oasis might be The Masterplan and I have to say that the Beady Eye album has some very well produced "throwback" tunes that sound more vintage than anything Oasis did over the course of their record. It might be worth your time to give it a solid spin.

and Pitchfork, if they gave an Oasis related album a good review they might voluntarily close up shop. I think they only follow them out of nostalgia's sake and the entertainment quality of the stories that come from the sibling rivalry. (and anyone else the Gallagher's take a jab at in the press for that matter.)