Laughing City
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Hey,
just wanted to let you guys know about a new blog site "Gomez Hyatt".
PerezHilton ignored Eisley and I won't say why I think he purposely did it 'cause I don't want to start shiz, but he totally snubbed the band.

We are thankful for the love that Gomez is showing the band and wanted you Eisley fans to know about his site.
Love 'em or hate 'em, these blog sites are out there and Gomez doesn't seem to be an arse kisser.

If you would like to comment on this thread, it would be great support.
Thanks!
kd
http://gomezhyatt.com/2009-12-13-this-group-should-be-a-household-name  /#comments
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Perez Hilton snubbed Eisley, eh? Now my interested is piqued. I can't stand his site. Its posts are too contradictory. In one post he'll love a celeb, and in the next he'll totally bash 'em. Pick a side, dude.
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Jared x wrote:
Perez Hilton snubbed Eisley, eh? Now my interested is piqued. I can't stand his site. Its posts are too contradictory. In one post he'll love a celeb, and in the next he'll totally bash 'em. Pick a side, dude.

haha! Laughing Like I said....love 'em or hate 'em these sites are out there.
juan_diego
Sea Post King

I'm not surprised perez Hilton snubbed Eisley, I'm sure all he cares about is Britney Spears, or Lindsay Lohan and the likes.

People like him make me want to be a heterosexual.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
PerezHilton ignored Eisley and I won't say why I think he purposely did it 'cause I don't want to start shiz, but he totally snubbed the band.

Wait, why do Eisley want to be recognized/blogged about by Perez Hilton? I don't know much about the guy apart from his almost-outing of Neil Patrick Harris, but it seems he spends all his time trying to destroy people's privacy and shred their reputations. Is the band so desperate for notice that they consider any publicity to be good publicity?

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

Eisley was left out of A-list celebrity gossip?

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:

Wait, why do Eisley want to be recognized/blogged about by Perez Hilton? I don't know much about the guy apart from his almost-outing of Neil Patrick Harris, but it seems he spends all his time trying to destroy people's privacy and shred their reputations. Is the band so desperate for notice that they consider any publicity to be good publicity?

This was a while back. Not going to go into details, but we were asked to send him some stuff, (and I won't say by whom), because there was interest, and NO Eisley is not "desperate for notice".

The post was just an "FYI".
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

I will check this out for sure!

And, really, I would never expect Eisley to get recognized by Mario and co. Nor am I at all surprised that they were passed over. This happens to tons of bands/musicians in perezland.
I'm not trying to "start shiz" either, but I really don't think it's so much a snub as it is a very incompatible promo avenue.
I mean, look at the music the team does promote.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I left a comment and talked up the Seventeen promo with Ambulance (left a link for folks who were curious) Hope that generates some traffic, and new fans.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Why do all these blog people have strange names that are named after hotels?

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Retrovertigo
Sea Post King

mr pine wrote:
Why do all these blog people have strange names that are named after hotels?

I think the Gomez Hyatt fellow is parodying Perez Hilton. I suggest buying CortezBestWestern.com now before time runs out.

Both of these sites give me brain rot- I certainly can't imagine visiting one and expecting to find my new favorite band- but good for Eisley on the shout out.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Kimbrtones wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:

This was a while back. Not going to go into details, but we were asked to send him some stuff, (and I won't say by whom), because there was interest, and NO Eisley is not "desperate for notice".

I can understand being peeved if some effort went into responding to a request on his behalf, but in the end I'm extremely relieved that Perez Hilton didn't think the DuPrees were trashy enough for his blog.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kimbrtones
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:
Saellys wrote:
Kimbrtones wrote:

I can understand being peeved if some effort went into responding to a request on his behalf, but in the end I'm extremely relieved that Perez Hilton didn't think the DuPrees were trashy enough for his blog.

haha! For sure! May we never qualify!
nico
Sea Post King

I hear whispers that the 17 promo launches pretty soon. I think that's the best kind of PR we can hope fore, genuine, good target audience, free from drama/scandal.

Where did we make such a wrong turn in society to reach a point where we invade the private lives of celebrities for our own entertainment. When did the 'cult of celebrity' start?

Of course all that being said there's no such thing as bad press Cool

Joined: 23 Jul 2007 | Posts: 55 | Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Last edited by nico on Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Eisley has been mentioned on Perez Hilton before. Only in the comments though.

To clarify, I don't read Perez, a simple google search found it for me

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube

goto page
 | next >>