Laughing City
eiswood09
Sea Post King

I decided to share this if you guys haven't seen these yet. There are some professionally recorded videos posted on the PureVolume website of Eisley's performance at the Purevolume/Paste party last March. The only videos available are of The Valley and Invasion. I wish they would've recorded "sad" too Sad Oh Well.. it's been a while since we've seen good videos of the band Smile
Last edited by eiswood09 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

sounds great, they're rocking it during the valley. i just wished they'd drop the tracks and replace the strings with guitars live

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Lynn
Golly, Poster

I never heard Chauntelle's guitar parts so clearly. Sounds awesome!
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Love it, thank you! Love the studio take on the Valley, but there's an edge of Stacy's vocal here that just rocks it, and the harmonies as so clearly defined as to who's who, which makes them all the better. Mr. Green

ironically, wasn't this the venue with the bad mix??? Apparently not to their board Laughing This sounds gorgeous, even the "tracks" blend in well.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
ks1990
Lost at Forum

awesome, thanks for sharing!
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
Love it, thank you! Love the studio take on the Valley, but there's an edge of Stacy's vocal here that just rocks it.

ironically, wasn't this the venue with the bad mix??? Apparently not to their board Laughing This sounds gorgeous, even the "tracks" blend in well.

Yeah, it was and agreed. I love these videos.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Thank you for posting this! Love the high quality live videos.
norad
Vintage Newbie

I uploaded MP3s of those two videos and some older PureVolume acoustic sessions MP3s: http://media.strangeyellowpatterns.com/audios/
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

cooliosas de las sexas texas neatas

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Congratulations
Sea Post King

The Man In The Moon wrote:
sounds great, they're rocking it during the valley. i just wished they'd drop the tracks and replace the strings with guitars live

I agree that they sound great, and that it's mixed really well.

But I don't get why The Valley doesn't just launch into the chorus after the first verse, especially since the chorus is so beautiful and strong. I just think the extra "oh, ooh, ohh, ooh-oh-oh-oh, etc." section doesn't really add anything and seems kind of awkward. It's like a little bridge at the beginning of the song that doesn't need to be there.

http://www.purevolume.com/eisley/videos/116137/Eisley+-+The+Valley
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
ks1990
Lost at Forum

Congratulations wrote:

But I don't get why The Valley doesn't just launch into the chorus after the first verse, especially since the chorus is so beautiful and strong. I just think the extra "oh, ooh, ohh, ooh-oh-oh-oh, etc." section doesn't really add anything and seems kind of awkward. It's like a little bridge at the beginning of the song that doesn't need to be there.

I think it's the best part!
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

ks1990 wrote:
Congratulations wrote:

I think it's the best part!

It's my favorite part of the song, as well. You're crazy for thinking it's not needed. Very Happy But seriously, there's something wrong with you if you don't like that part. lol

That part is actually my ringtone. I think it's cool because it mixes the song up quite a bit and makes the beginning not a set verse chorus setup. It's like, verse, break, verse chorus. I don't know, I think it's really clever and amazing, but that's just me.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
Last edited by The_Paronomasial_Mattoid on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

WOW! Thanks for posting this... it's totally awesome. Great video editing and the audio is well mixed as well! (Too bad being at the live concerts in person never sounds that good.. Wink , but being there in person is always 100 times better Very Happy )
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

Ah, the sound mix is great. i'm not used to being so satisfied with their live videos Smile
you can actually hear sherri! ha.
i do wish they'd maybe add in Chauntelle for the lowest "ah, ah, ah" in the oooh's because i love how they sound on record. Alot.

Somehow Stacy's voice always has a completely different quality live. not better, or worse, but like "hello song, I'm gonna own you"
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

+1. The more technological hoo-ha they have at their shows, the more stuff could potentially go wrong. They've had delays before just from playing to a click. Ditch that stuff and do it all live, Eisley. Don't worry about sounding "just like the record". That's not what shows are about.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address