Laughing City
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

http://www.bishopoconnell.org/uploaded/Visor/May_2010_Online_Visor_3.p df

It's on page 13 of the PDF. There might be some factual or grammatical errors, but I wrote it in 40 minutes without the help of the internet for fact-checking. Mostly I just wanted to get the word out about Eisley to the uncultured youth at my high school before graduating. It's on the last page and in color, so everyone who got the paper definitely saw it.

Thoughts?

http://inconnumag.com
Congratulations
Sea Post King

Fun! I enjoyed reading your article, and I think it's great you took the opportunity to spread the word. Good stuff. Smile
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Nice! Also, bonus points for not saying "comprised of."

I'm a former newspaper guy (copy editor and designer, still dabble), so it's nice to see someone still doing that in school. Keep it up!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ Razz ^

Visor wrote:
So, I’m taking it upon myself to tell you about them anyways. Eisley is comprised of 3 sisters, their brother, and their cousin (Chauntelle, Sherri, Stacy, Weston, and Garron DuPree).

Were you being sarcastic Jamie??? Laughing I fail at getting sarcasm 90% of the time.

And it was a fun read. I read it with the voice of a teen girl who talks fast ( at least that's how I heard it when I read it). Good job of communicating your enthusiasm and a wealth of info in a short piece.

BTW the layout of is really well done. The crap kids can do in High School is on par with the marketplace at this point. Mainstream media is doomed to go the route of Video Games, only a few Big budget productions will compete and everyone else will be making their own stuff to entertain themselves on the cheap. I mean, looking at your paper, if you guys took the time to cover all the "real" stories in your community I'm sure you could rival or surpass your actual local paper in quality and content.

PS

Are weddings of that other sister who plays guitar or "their brother" not worth mentioning in the article, specially since they were part of a double whammy 2 fer' one Marry Off You First Born Sons and Daughters package deal where you get a Luthier/ Guitarist as a family member and another daughter who can sing and add Dope Rhymes to their tracks Very Happy That's a steal of a deal if you ask me!

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

wilsmith wrote:

Are weddings of that other sister who plays guitar or "their brother" not worth mentioning in the article, specially since they were part of a double whammy 2 fer' one Marry Off You First Born Sons and Daughters package deal where you get a Luthier/ Guitarist as a family member and another daughter who can sing and add Dope Rhymes to their tracks Very Happy That's a steal of a deal if you ask me!

I had all that in there initially, but it was getting too wordy, and I wanted more to show that Eisley really is well known by other bands. So it made sense to keep in the Say Anything and Mutemath connections.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Oh, I totally understand. I write reviews, and have had editors gut the details out of my pieces. I was being facetious and silly bringing that up (and being an Eisley fanboy/man for the heck of it).

Good stuff all the same...

BTW - I am getting a little bored with writing for http://www.playbackstl.com and having to deal with editors and content not being dynamic, and I know other music writers who feel the same way. We are thinking about starting a facebook page for our music/ concert reviews. When it goes live, you are cordially invited to contribute.

And Jamie, your pics and writing would be welcome too. The Idea is for folks I know with taste I appreciate, to gather, and share their responses to other stuff they'd think we'd like, but not have to go through some silly hoops and middle men. We join, and the authors get to be admins, and let the journalisting begin Very Happy

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
ks1990
Lost at Forum

marshkingsdaughter wrote:
http://www.bishopoconnell.org/uploaded/Visor/May_2010_Online_Vi sor_3.pdf

Thoughts?

You wrote about them in your school paper? Cool

Hopefully a good portion of readers will take the time to check out their music.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

wilsmith wrote:
^ Razz ^

Visor wrote:
So, I’m taking it upon myself to tell you about them anyways. Eisley is comprised of 3 sisters, their brother, and their cousin (Chauntelle, Sherri, Stacy, Weston, and Garron DuPree).

Were you being sarcastic Jamie??? Laughing I fail at getting sarcasm 90% of the time.

Crap. I must have misread that. Laughing Well, take that as an accidentally jerky copy editor jab. ha ha. I'm a pro ... take it! Confused

Anyway, good work spreading the word. Ignore that up there ...

Also, I'll check out that site now ... thanks!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Really stellar article! Loved that "They are as young as they are old, and as wise as they are innocent!" That was great! Way to spread the Eisley love! Smile
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

Awkward, Jamie. Wink

I wish I had done high school newspaper. Our school paper was somewhere between sucky and a complete waste of time. That, and I'm bitter that they picked my "sidewalk chalk art" as 2nd place. My chalk portrait of Yoda was WAY better than Jocelyn's neon Incubus frog. Ah, school memories! Laughing

I'd say, overall, good article, and great job spreading the word!

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

cynlovescandy wrote:
Awkward, Jamie. Wink

I wish I had done high school newspaper. Our school paper was somewhere between sucky and a complete waste of time. That, and I'm bitter that they picked my "sidewalk chalk art" as 2nd place. My chalk portrait of Yoda was WAY better than Jocelyn's neon Incubus frog. Ah, school memories! Laughing

YODA! You'd so have won if I were editor. Laughing

*Everyone will forget my awkwardness above. This is not the thread you are looking for.*

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Way to play off your snarky sarcastic invective as haphazard misreading Mr. Cut-throat copy-editor Razz

marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

I can only giggle at the above "haphazard misreading." I appreciate your awkwardness, Jamie.

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

TheAntrider wrote:
cynlovescandy wrote:
Awkward, Jamie. Wink

YODA! You'd so have won if I were editor. Laughing

*Everyone will forget my awkwardness above. This is not the thread you are looking for.*

Whoa...where am I? What just happened? Protocol droid mind tricks?? Laughing

megamanda
Sea Post King

I really enjoyed the article! i love the enthusiasm and share the same enthusiasm as you do!!! Smile