Laughing City
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Okay. First, a little background, so you can understand exactly how happy this show made me.

My husband and I moved to Springfield (my hometown; I've been away for four years) on Friday. On the way we got stuck in an Illinois construction corridor for an hour and fifteen minutes, which caused us to arrive very late at night, and after we unpacked the truck we discovered that our new home was full of brown recluse spiders. Then the power went out in half the house. The landlady is out of town for the weekend, and so is her preferred electrician. She promised to contact the exterminators who sprayed the house before, and we didn't hear from her all day Saturday so we had to bug bomb it ourselves.

So having aired out the house after four hours of fumigation, and feeling rather irritated at our continued lack of electricity, I showed up at Randy Bacon Gallery to find that I'd missed Christie's set as well as the Lion and the Sail. Bummer! I bought Christie's EP, joined up with my friend Laura, and pushed my way to stage left just in time to see Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin.

Sob story over; pictures begin!

This is Phil. He played guitar and drums at the same time, while singing, on a few songs and it was awesome.

Phil switched to guitar only partway through the SSLYBY sit. It was awesome.

Darren King guest drummed on "Mr. Wendell". It was awesome.

This was my view for most of the Eisley show. It was awesome.

Chauntelle sang her bit on "I Could Be There For You". It was awesome.

From the back of the room, after I had to move my car during "Marvelous Things". Boyd was to my right, filming and photographing the last few songs. Right after "Ambulance" I thanked him for booking the Springfield show, and he was gracious enough to stand and talk with me for a few minutes. It was awesome.

Great sound, great venue, great performances. Wish I could have been there a little earlier to catch Christie and TLATS, but otherwise it was basically the perfect evening.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

you missed a great set if you missed christie. i was absolutely blown away by her in chicago, her intonation was flawless. apparently she was sick, so i want to see her when she's actually "on top of her game."

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

"Awesome" pictures! Wink

That's cool that Darren guest drummed. I love watching him do his thang.
jamiga
Vintage Newbie

Sorry you missed the openers... TL&TS and Christie are both amazing!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

jamiga wrote:
Sorry you missed the openers... TL&TS and Christie are both amazing!

Amen!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

thanks for sharing the pics and the play by play, as this was a special show all around. I was under the impression they would break out Silver Springs for this show too.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
I was under the impression they would break out Silver Springs for this show too.

I was hoping so, but no joy. Sad

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

hannah, i LOVE that photo of sherri! you caught the blue and pink in her hair; it looks so cool. sorry you had to miss the openers, too!
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Yeah, I love that picture too! It's so dynamic, and it shows off her new tat to good effect! And the colors are outrageous! Smile Great job!!
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Thanks guys! I forgot to mention that a few more pics are up on my Flickr.

Smokemonster