Laughing City
FrannyGlassx42x
Sea Post King

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere and I missed it, but does anyone else wish we were getting a full-band version of Away We Go? I seem to remember that it's not being fully recorded and was just tacked on when they couldn't get WB's permission for Max to cover Telescope Eyes on the iTunes release of Fire Kite. I've been staving off Eisley-withdrawal by listening to the Fire Kite EP over and over, and I really like Away We Go. I think it has a lot of potential. I would so love to hear a non-Garage Band version of it.
Lynn
Golly, Poster

I really like the song, but I'm not certain how I'll like the full band version. It's just that the misty sound and the garage band effects suit it so well. I'm sure it'll turn out awesome if they actually decide to record it officially but then again, I might prefer the earlier version just because it was, well, the earlier version and it's the way the song sounds to me. Whatever gets included in the new album I'm sure I'm gonna love it though.
I remember that funny picture Boyd posted in Trolleywood a few years ago:

It's pretty much the same now.. Except now I'm even more excited about it because I'm sure the album will be even better than Combinations and it's really been a long time..
(I do know how to get off-topic, don't I?)
FrannyGlassx42x
Sea Post King

That pic is great! And I agree that the garageband effects suit "Away We Go". Truth be told, it will probably be nice to get a new track instead of one I've been listening to for months. But what about recording a full version as an add-on for their next EP? I guess once I've heard a demo of an Eisley song, I always become curious what they will do with it. For instance, I would like to hear what they might do with "Becoming You" if they played it these days. How many albums before we get one of those never-studio-recorded B-side compilations? What would y'all want to hear?
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

i love away we go! heartbroken when they said there wasn't a studio version, but i'm just not sure how that song would work out full band though.

really, i've said this before, i hope they include some demos as bonus tracks whenever the album finally gets released. some news boyd?

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Yeah, I think this song is a sparse, lo-fi-ish song, period. Of course, I'm sure they could make it work with a full band, too ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

I like it 'as is!'. Hope it makes the album! Smile
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

The melody in "Away We Go" is just so perfect.
I'm okay with it the way it is.

ks1990
Lost at Forum

I was kinda upset to hear that they didn't record it in the studio. To be honest, I would have preferred it over '192 days'.
cynlovescandy
Vintage Newbie

ks1990 wrote:
I was kinda upset to hear that they didn't record it in the studio. To be honest, I would have preferred it over '192 days'.

I feel like 192 days had/has tons of potential. The harmonies are so much fun. The lyrics are a bit cheesy, but love is cheesy. Smile A good studio version could be genius.

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Truth be told, if Eisley are going to do any more downbeat songs, I'd rather Colbalt or Becoming You get resuscitated because they aren't like anything else I hear lately and have so much melodic potential. Away We Go fits that vibe, but I prefer the older two songs.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

wilsmith wrote:
Truth be told, if Eisley are going to do any more downbeat songs, I'd rather Colbalt or Becoming You get resuscitated because they aren't like anything else I hear lately and have so much melodic potential. Away We Go fits that vibe, but I prefer the older two songs.

ahhh yes! either would be amazing! i think Cobalt has the potential to be a pretty heavy song too

juan_diego
Sea Post King

The Man In The Moon wrote:
some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd?

.....please? Shocked

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

juan_diego wrote:
The Man In The Moon wrote:
some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd? some news boyd?

.....please? Shocked

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

wilsmith wrote:
I'd rather Colbalt

seconded. vigorously.
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

I'd rather a new song. Very Happy

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

goto page
 | next >>