Laughing City
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

thanks Smile , yalls reports on the gigography... except for Meggers... sry. Sad
Last edited by Unregistered on Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
lessthaninfinite
Sea Post King

Unregistered wrote:
thanks Smile , yalls reports on the gigography... except for Meggers... sry. Sad

Halloween show is in Detroit, not Philly Sad Sad Sad

Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Morwen wrote:
@Rock & Roll Hotel in DC October 24 at 7

http://www.ticketalternative.com/Events/12488.aspx

Got mine! Very Happy

oh, wow... i haven't been there in a long time.
i think i saw tilly and the wall there last.
definitely a tiny venue indeed!
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

lessthaninfinite wrote:
Unregistered wrote:

Trying to talk daughter Samantha into the Halloween Detroit show... she was ALL excited about seeing EISLEY again until she found out in was on Halloween. Detroit has a bad reputation of "Hell Night" craziness on Halloween. (And I think she was a little spooked by some of the rowdier SayAnything fans at the last concert- not that any of them were unruly, but at 10 yrs old , she was a little uncomfortable none the less). I'm trying to convince her that it's an EISLEY headlining tour, so it should be pretty much all fellow EISLEY fans attending-- a little more sedate (in theory! Wink ) Any suggestions? We'd be coming up from Toledo, and I'm not familiar with the "Magic Stick" venue on Woodward Ave. Good area...bad area? safe parking?
Anybody know? Any info would be greatly appreciated Smile Thanks!

lessthaninfinite
Sea Post King

Dan and Sam wrote:
lessthaninfinite wrote:
Unregistered wrote:

Trying to talk daughter Samantha into the Halloween Detroit show... she was ALL excited about seeing EISLEY again until she found out in was on Halloween. Detroit has a bad reputation of "Hell Night" craziness on Halloween. (And I think she was a little spooked by some of the rowdier SayAnything fans at the last concert- not that any of them were unruly, but at 10 yrs old , she was a little uncomfortable none the less). I'm trying to convince her that it's an EISLEY headlining tour, so it should be pretty much all fellow EISLEY fans attending-- a little more sedate (in theory! Wink ) Any suggestions? We'd be coming up from Toledo, and I'm not familiar with the "Magic Stick" venue on Woodward Ave. Good area...bad area? safe parking?

The Magic Stick is part of the Majestic Theater complex, which consists of the larger Majestic Theater concert venue, the smaller Magic Stick upstairs, a bowling alley, restaurant, and probably something else I'm forgetting. Personally I really like the Magic Stick... it's a great small-ish (about 400) venue, that has some seating, pool tables, and a full bar. I realize few of these things are attractive to a 10-year-old, but I'm going for full picture, haha.

As far as safety/parking, I've been there a number of times and never had a problem. There is a secure lot behind the venue, or street parking that should be free on Sunday night. I've done both, and though free is obviously cheaper, if you're concerned the parking right behind the building is very convenient. It's in downtown Detroit so there are obviously limits as to how "nice" an area it can be, but comparatively it's not bad at all (at least I don't think so).

As far as it being Halloween... I think what you were talking about is "Devil's Night," which was traditionally on the night before Halloween, the 30th, not on the 31st. That being said, you're right, there was a time that it was a huge problem, but the City of Detroit has done a lot to combat it (volunteer "neighborhood watch" sort of system, enforced curfews, etc.) and there have been very few major problems since the mid-90's.

Honestly I think the biggest concern is that the event at the Majestic that night is an Insane Clown Posse afterparty something-or-other, which could get rowdy. However, the Eisley show is 2 hours before that (8pm vs. 10) and should get out earlier, and the Majestic and Magic Stick are pretty well isolated from each other, so I don't think it should be any problem.

Hope that helps... sadly I won't be there, but here's hoping for a Philadelphia date.

Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster

lessthaninfinite wrote:
Dan and Sam wrote:
lessthaninfinite wrote:
Unregistered wrote:

The Magic Stick is part of the Majestic Theater complex, which consists of the larger Majestic Theater concert venue, the smaller Magic Stick upstairs, a bowling alley, restaurant, and probably something else I'm forgetting. Personally I really like the Magic Stick... it's a great small-ish (about 400) venue, that has some seating, pool tables, and a full bar. I realize few of these things are attractive to a 10-year-old, but I'm going for full picture, haha.

As far as safety/parking, I've been there a number of times and never had a problem. There is a secure lot behind the venue, or street parking that should be free on Sunday night. I've done both, and though free is obviously cheaper, if you're concerned the parking right behind the building is very convenient. It's in downtown Detroit so there are obviously limits as to how "nice" an area it can be, but comparatively it's not bad at all (at least I don't think so).

As far as it being Halloween... I think what you were talking about is "Devil's Night," which was traditionally on the night before Halloween, the 30th, not on the 31st. That being said, you're right, there was a time that it was a huge problem, but the City of Detroit has done a lot to combat it (volunteer "neighborhood watch" sort of system, enforced curfews, etc.) and there have been very few major problems since the mid-90's.

Honestly I think the biggest concern is that the event at the Majestic that night is an Insane Clown Posse afterparty something-or-other, which could get rowdy. However, the Eisley show is 2 hours before that (8pm vs. 10) and should get out earlier, and the Majestic and Magic Stick are pretty well isolated from each other, so I don't think it should be any problem.

Hope that helps... sadly I won't be there, but here's hoping for a Philadelphia date.

Wow! Thanks SO much for all the good info! Samantha read it and already seems a lot more receptive to the idea Smile
Sounds like it will another good father-daughter road trip to see EISLEY.

Hope you get to see EISLEY in Philadelphia Very Happy Thanks again!

rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

marshkingsdaughter wrote:
CHICAGO! Ah. And Lincoln Hall is so cool. I'm glad I'll be able to go, since I'm moving to Chi-town next week.

EDIT: I just read that they're playing Washington DC as well for sure.

i will be at this show even if it means killing someone... Shocked

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
LacyFace
Sea Post King

Yay Austin Tx show! I have seen Eisley live every year for the past three years. Gotta love living in Texas Laughing
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

rockchick1959 wrote:
marshkingsdaughter wrote:
CHICAGO! Ah. And Lincoln Hall is so cool. I'm glad I'll be able to go, since I'm moving to Chi-town next week.

EDIT: I just read that they're playing Washington DC as well for sure.

i will be at this show even if it means killing someone... Shocked

Make it somebody who talks during the entire set. That way you'll do everyone a favor and have many character witnesses available to vouch for you at the trial!

rchamp
Sea Post King

New Orleans! Yes! Shocked Very Happy
leighish
Vintage Newbie

That Houston date sure is tempting... That's the date I selected for Rmlawrence and I to go out on a date for our 5th wedding anniversary. It would kind of be perfect if you know what I mean.

theantrider wrote:
My jaw hurts and I have an ulcer. That's what spending time with Kylee gets you
Joined: 25 Apr 2004 | Posts: 6183 | Location: Lake Jackson, TX
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

Favorite venue in Austin the day I get home from school. 9-hours-from-start-to-finish plane trip will be a killer but that's what Starbucks is for Wink
LacyFace
Sea Post King

Any Austin Eisley fans know if the show at The Parish is all ages? Its on sixth street but some of the shows on their site are all ages sooo?
sebas
Golly, Poster

LacyFace wrote:
Any Austin Eisley fans know if the show at The Parish is all ages? Its on sixth street but some of the shows on their site are all ages sooo?

It is.

Girlfriend and I will be going to the Austin show. Houston show is a possibility too since I'm a stalker.

Very Happy

-Mahatma, Gandhi
LacyFace
Sea Post King

sebas wrote:
LacyFace wrote:

It is.

Girlfriend and I will be going to the Austin show. Houston show is a possibility too since I'm a stalker.

Very Happy

Thank You!! So glad its all ages because i am a few months shy of 18 and it would suck to miss this.