Laughing City
DistortedSound
Sea Post King

Well I don't know what its called. One more day with you? Is it hers?
I was watching smallville and some guy was singing it and I was like hey isn't that chauntelle's song. Its the episode when Brainiac takes super girl away or something. Just thought I'd post this.
Joined: 27 Jul 2005 | Posts: 107 | Location: West Palm Beach, FL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

I think the song was written by someone in Hanson and she helped with it and did the lead vocals, for a songwriting workshop type thing.

-Mae West
norad
Vintage Newbie

Boyd wrote:
One More Day
Ok. I'm starting over. I have something for you. I told you the band recently went to Tulsa for Hanson's "Fool's Banquet" - where songwriters from all over got together for this cool little workshop. ( to grow, stretch, break boundaries, krunk their comfort zone, etc.)

Well, Chauntelle ended up singing on a demo for a song that John Crosby and Zach Hanson wrote (she say's she didn't write anything really, but was there...and had a few suggestions here and there...). It was a cool weekend for them all, but perhaps not so crucial as it was for Chauntelle, who is pushing past barriers in her life that have held her back for too many years. To us, this is one of the fascinating jewels that emerged from the weekend.

Nothing is to be done with this tune. It's not an Eisley tune... I suppose if those guys want to do something with the song, they can. Again, it's just a demo of a song sung by Chauntelle. And i love it. It's so emotional... sad; full of moodi; if it were a color - grumbacher Payne's grey. I think the song is brilliant, but I honestly believe it's Chauntelle's ardent, tender, suffocating, fragile performance that makes the song.

As this song gets out there... and I suppose it will, please understand it's not a song you'll ever hear live, or recorded in any other way. To me, it's perfectly presented, even though it's not perfect; that's what i like about it.

I really thank Taylor, Zach and Isaac Hanson for giving of their time and resources. It's cool when people do something just because they have a crazy idea... and are bold enough to actually do it. Looking back, if not for BrewTones, there likely wouldn't have been an Eisley. Hanson believes in people...they just want to see songwriters and songs flourish and grow... I suppose it would be safe to say, they'd love to see anything independent grow - they're rather jaded on labels these days. It doesn't matter what anyone thinks of their artistic expression. They are cool people and love music.

Well, it's 3:41am and I have to get up at 7:00am. The weird jpg - "diving guy" at the top is a photo-illustration i did some time back... but i relate to that guy more and more. For bonus points, who comes to mind when you see that diving helmet?

Hope you enjoy the simpicity of that song. I've got headphones on and i'm going to press the "submit: button and turn off the lights. nite.

boyd

http://www.eisley.com/journals/trolleywood/_21345/
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

The version on Smallville is by VAST (John Crosby). It's really good but I like the Chauntelle version better.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Jared x
Lost at Forum

Yeah... Chauntelle's voice is so much better than Jon's on this song. It's too bad he didn't get her to do a duet or something for the "official" version that appeared on his CD.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I'm a VAST fan, but I'm still pissed at him for re-recording a song that was perfect the way it was. Mad

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Is Chauntelle's on SYP?
norad
Vintage Newbie

mikep0922 wrote:
Is Chauntelle's on SYP?

Yup! Just Ctrl+F "One More Day..." and you can find it!
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

they must really like the song at smallville. they used it again in the season premiere yesterday. it was a guy singing, so i assume it's the same one.