Laughing City
FrannyGlassx42x
Sea Post King

I love Kind. Thanks for posting the video! Don't know if anyone's interested, but I made an mp3 from that recording (hope that was alright!). I'm not sure how to share it, but I'd be glad to send it along to anyone who wants it Very Happy
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

Woo! I'm so excited for this tour. And thank God for "10 Sint Blues Clues."

http://inconnumag.com
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

marshkingsdaughter wrote:

that made me laugh too. they sure know how to entertain themselves. Laughing

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

grain thrower wrote:
marshkingsdaughter wrote:

that made me laugh too. they sure know how to entertain themselves. Laughing

I'm glad to see that one made the cut too.
And especially Kind (or whatever they're calling it these days). I was a little concerned when rumors were posted about them ditching it a while back- I love that song; its pure beauty. Its the the gorgeous fruition of the musical ideas they were sketching with Like the Actors, and I think its masterful. Definitely my fave from among the four new ones I've heard (the others being The Valley, Sad and Ambulance).

Kind really has legs, I think.

And Stacy's vocal execution on that Brewtone's clip is exquisite. Its come a long way since the clip I saw of the Baylor show (not that it was bad). Looking forward to hearing it live. Its the first track I've heard from them in a long time that can stack up in sheer quality and classic potential to, say, a "Just Like We Do", for instance (though its a very different song).
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

i just noticed from the video that they're not using any tracks for kind!

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

The only other vids I've seen it in (Baylor show, Acoustic Brewtones show with Max) that one was done live, no tracks. Ambulance and The Valley were the only two new ones with tracks I think, cause Smarter didn't have tracks either.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

speaking of Smarter - i forget - who plays the rougher guitar part that Max played live the first few times?
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

hmm is it chauntelle that's playing them? i can't remember for certain either.
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

Kind is so beautiful!
Personally, I think it sounded better at Baylor than the 2 Brewtones shows just because Stacy's high notes are a lot sturdier in those.

BUT, the frailty of them in this performance makes me happy-sad. Effective, for sure...
I also love love love Sherri's backing vocals.
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

bigideas wrote:
speaking of Smarter - i forget - who plays the rougher guitar part that Max played live the first few times?

Kylee Janai wrote:

On July 3, 2009 I asked Chauntelle on twitter, "Are you comfortable with the smarter part Max wrote? You are an inspiration!" and she replied, "yes I am. Max is so talented! I really respect him as an artist! Smile"

Chauntelle knows what he wrote... but it doesn't sound the same as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRuj3nmBT2k&feature=related to me.

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Unregistered wrote:
bigideas wrote:

Kylee Janai wrote:

On July 3, 2009 I asked Chauntelle on twitter, "Are you comfortable with the smarter part Max wrote? You are an inspiration!" and she replied, "yes I am. Max is so talented! I really respect him as an artist! Smile"

Chauntelle knows what he wrote... but it doesn't sound the same as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRuj3nmBT2k&feature=related to me.

When have they played it without Max? I can't find any Maxless vids. Do you have a link? Smarter isn't on the set list posted, did they play it at Brewtones or on the WWMW tour?

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
Unregistered wrote:
bigideas wrote:

Kylee Janai wrote:

When have they played it without Max? I can't find any Maxless vids. Do you have a link? Smarter isn't on the set list posted, did they play it at Brewtones or on the WWMW tour?

ha i must have completely made that up in my mind then. totally thoughhhtttt i read or heard chauntelle would do the parts? dunno. WHO KNOWS. i very well could be confusing this with a different song.
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

Nowhere Man wrote:
Unregistered wrote:
bigideas wrote:

Kylee Janai wrote:

ha i must have completely made that up in my mind then. totally thoughhhtttt i read or heard chauntelle would do the parts? dunno. WHO KNOWS.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

well, the thintg is, she has her own part she plays at the same as far as the solo riff. Now, for the rhythm part she's playing along with him as far as the chords.

Now, they could ditch the keys and Stacy could rock out on guitar, or Sherri could do that part now that they've had time to rehearse etc? Or not.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

As admirable as Mr. Bemis may be as an artist, I am quite partial to Chauntelle's guitar style- Was very much looking forward to hearing her rendition of the Smarter guitar part, once the novelty value of having Max do it had been tapped out.

Its a shame if they dropped it for this tour.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>