Laughing City
Author Message
tahruh
Vintage Newbie


Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........etc. Really? *Shifty eyes*.

I just saw Sherri's tweet, and thought I had the name confused with a prominent hardcore/metalcore label. Google search confirms I did not.

Bizarre. I guess time will tell, and I certainly wish them the best, but I don't really get it. Eisley are not a punk band, in spite of their former or current S/Os, or Sherri's tats and colored hair. They're closer, by miles and miles, to acts like Taylor Swift.

Truthfully, I thought they'd end up on a prominent indie (as in style) label and could venture back that route, leaving the Absolute Punk world--that doesn't really fit them at all--behind, but maybe EV is taking a new direction since the hardcore/metalcore scene has dried up the last few years, and Eisley's among the first acts of their kind...? Still, I wonder about marketing.

At least we'll get the record soon?

/Debbie Downer
Joined: 04 May 2007 | Posts: 3862 | 
View user's profile Send private message
tahruh
Vintage Newbie


...Probably should've read Boyd's blog first. Laughing Feel a little more settled; hope it all works out for 'em.
Joined: 04 May 2007 | Posts: 3862 | 
View user's profile Send private message
Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie


vivalaspopie wrote:
I'm just interested if this will have any bearing on who they tour with in the future.


I agree completely, and really hadn't thought of that until AFTER my two posts.

After seeing Margot and the Nuclear So & So's (for only first time) I totally thought they'd go well with Eisley for a tour. Not personally, but musically. They rule. Just my lil opinion. Seemed they had some pretty cool fans, too. No toolbags.
Joined: 10 Feb 2007 | Posts: 2907 | Location: Maryland
Last edited by Kylee Janai on Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message
norad
Vintage Newbie


Here's the SYP news entry: www.strangeyellowpatterns.com/news/283-equal-vision-records-signs-eisl ey

Very Happy
Joined: 12 Jun 2005 | Posts: 20735 | 
View user's profile Send private message
oliez
Vintage Newbie


I'm just happy they have home that seems to "get them" (i.e. the intro video).

I don't think they'll treat them as the same "indie/hardcore(NFG "hardcore")" band as WB did. I see Absolute Punk as still a great place for people to learn news about EIsley. From what I read there, there's some positive response. Only when ex-husband/boyfriends are there negative comments...I think the band understands how tour-mates have affected their perception. WB did have something with Eisley and Tegan and Sara, sure, but it's their loss...Here's to the new record and future tours. I can't wait to see/hear what's next!
Joined: 28 Jun 2005 | Posts: 2574 | 
View user's profile Send private message
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum


as long as the label can do their job and take care of a band, i'm not too worried about who's on their roster
_________________
Oneironaut

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
Joined: 06 Sep 2008 | Posts: 1156 | Location: Nashville
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster


vivalaspopie wrote:
I'm just interested if this will have any bearing on who they tour with in the future. They really should be touring with acts like Jenny Lewis or M. Ward. They keep trying hard with these punk/emo tours, but it just has never seemed like the proper fit to me.


This, a thousand times yes. I feel like the mainstream indie market has completely glazed over Eisley, and a tour with Jenny Lewis or She & Him/M. Ward or...I don't know, a Regina Spektor-y type would be SO IDEAL.

_________________
Taylor | @thbrogan

http://inconnumag.com
Joined: 19 Nov 2009 | Posts: 511 | Location: Chicago / DC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mr pine
Vintage Newbie


I guess I am just not "with it" or "in the know" but I guess I never really cared who was one what label as long as that label treated them right.

i honestly couldn't tell you what bands i liked were on what label out side of a few that i just know from common knowledge.

i also think that, (from my experience with video games) the general
public doesn't know/care either. they just want the music.

hardcore fans (such as ourselves) are way more vested in things in the band that general fans (ie those on facebook that dont post here) couldn't
care less about, or even think about.

_________________
Wil's excellent description of me.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Joined: 09 Aug 2004 | Posts: 4828 | Location: illinois
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Dan and Sam
Golly, Poster


mr pine wrote:
I guess I am just not "with it" or "in the know" but I guess I never really cared who was one what label as long as that label treated them right.

i honestly couldn't tell you what bands i liked were on what label out side of a few that i just know from common knowledge.

i also think that, (from my experience with video games) the general
public doesn't know/care either. they just want the music.

hardcore fans (such as ourselves) are way more vested in things in the band that general fans (ie those on facebook that dont post here) couldn't
care less about, or even think about.


I agree! I don't know much about labels, but WB is huge and famous, but didn't do much OF ANYTHING to help Eisley over the years Eisley was on the label. Sounds like EVR and EISLEY are a good fit from what Boyd says, and HE should know! At least THEY sound like they love Eisley as much as WE do, and will go all out to promote them. We wish nothing but the best and brightest future for their collaboration and we can't wait to get ours hands on that new album!

YAAAYYY . Congrats to EVR for having signed the best band EVER Very Happy

_________________
Dan and daughter, Samantha - We Love Eisley!
Joined: 26 Jan 2008 | Posts: 974 | Location: Maumee, OH (Toledo)
View user's profile Send private message
marshking
Sea Post King


marshkingsdaughter wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:
I'm just interested if this will have any bearing on who they tour with in the future. They really should be touring with acts like Jenny Lewis or M. Ward. They keep trying hard with these punk/emo tours, but it just has never seemed like the proper fit to me.


This, a thousand times yes. I feel like the mainstream indie market has completely glazed over Eisley, and a tour with Jenny Lewis or She & Him/M. Ward or...I don't know, a Regina Spektor-y type would be SO IDEAL.


I'm just agreeing with all that have said they have been looked over/should start touring in support of mainstream indie acts. I mean, when they get to pick their openers, they do fantastic and pick "Eisley" bands. I even remember Simon Dawes and Brighten being vibey enough to feel right.

But really, any act out there that's actually in the same genre as Eisley (if Eisley has a genre).. The Elected was a great opener. Now we just need to see Eisley start opening for bands like She & Him, and dare I reiterate the sentiment of a Regina/Eisley tour.

In my opinion, Company of Thieves would be a perfect tour band for Eisley.

But as for the label news, I'm THRILLED! Who cares who's on the roster? There's a lot of good bands both on the active and inactive rosters, and EV is known for treating their bands right. That's what matters. Woo!

_________________
Previously user holland, 2005.
Either my account became inactive from posting inactivity or I just downright forgot my password.
Joined: 06 Jan 2007 | Posts: 151 | Location: Genovia
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie


+1 on Company of Thieves, but at this point, I think at best that would be a Co-Headlining tour, but more likely COT as support. Two things they have in common is they are on Indie labels that are better known for harder rock and related subgenres, and they have an ability to connect with their core fans on a deep level because their music and vibe lean towards self-definition.

With Eisley demonstrating more backbeat over the last two records, that would make it an even better fit for a tour, but if they are looking to bump up attendance and fan bases both bands would be best served touring during their record releases (COT is working on their follow-up last I heard, playing here soon). The timing could work out pretty good. COT is the first band I've heard mentioned puts me in the mind of Eisley 3.0 and not Eisley 1.5

I think Eisley 3.0 is going to hit me, and others like DCFC circa Plans (BRILLIANCE) than anything else I can think of. I think that's a good place to get hit.

_________________
yup, that's my name.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9608 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum


marshking wrote:
marshkingsdaughter wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:
I'm just interested if this will have any bearing on who they tour with in the future. They really should be touring with acts like Jenny Lewis or M. Ward. They keep trying hard with these punk/emo tours, but it just has never seemed like the proper fit to me.


This, a thousand times yes. I feel like the mainstream indie market has completely glazed over Eisley, and a tour with Jenny Lewis or She & Him/M. Ward or...I don't know, a Regina Spektor-y type would be SO IDEAL.


and dare I reiterate the sentiment of a Regina/Eisley tour.


Regina and Eisley together would pretty much make my life. But she toured non-stop through 2009 and for half of this year, and then Dan died, and now she has a live DVD scheduled for 2011. So there's like a 5% chance of that ever happening. Boo!
Joined: 12 Sep 2005 | Posts: 1182 | Location: Houston
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Congratulations
Sea Post King


princesstripandfall wrote:
Regina and Eisley together would pretty much make my life. But she toured non-stop through 2009 and for half of this year, and then Dan died, and now she has a live DVD scheduled for 2011. So there's like a 5% chance of that ever happening. Boo!


Yeah, a tour with Regina would be great exposure and good fun, but probably pretty unlikely.

marshkingsdaughter wrote:
She & Him


Now Eisley and them would be an awesome show.
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 332 | Location: Northern Virginia
View user's profile Send private message
marshking
Sea Post King


wilsmith wrote:
+1 on Company of Thieves, but at this point, I think at best that would be a Co-Headlining tour, but more likely COT as support. Two things they have in common is they are on Indie labels that are better known for harder rock and related subgenres, and they have an ability to connect with their core fans on a deep level because their music and vibe lean towards self-definition.

With Eisley demonstrating more backbeat over the last two records, that would make it an even better fit for a tour, but if they are looking to bump up attendance and fan bases both bands would be best served touring during their record releases (COT is working on their follow-up last I heard, playing here soon). The timing could work out pretty good. COT is the first band I've heard mentioned puts me in the mind of Eisley 3.0 and not Eisley 1.5

I think Eisley 3.0 is going to hit me, and others like DCFC circa Plans (BRILLIANCE) than anything else I can think of. I think that's a good place to get hit.


Woohoo, the way you see it, and how you put all that is spot on to how I feel. We're on the same page, Wil! I think the rest of the Eisley fanbase would be too, those who haven't heard COT. I fell in love with their album, and I'm psyched they're working on another one. I hadn't seen anything about a new one being released soon, so I didn't know if they were in record releasing limbo too or what.

_________________
Previously user holland, 2005.
Either my account became inactive from posting inactivity or I just downright forgot my password.
Joined: 06 Jan 2007 | Posts: 151 | Location: Genovia
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
juan_diego
Sea Post King


I would really LOVE to see an Eisley/Dear & The Headlights Tour, especially now that they're label mates. Very Happy
_________________
Twitter
Joined: 10 Nov 2007 | Posts: 389 | Location: Bradenton, Florida
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic

Display posts from previous:   



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB, coffee, and Eisley fans worldwide.
phpBB is © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group