Laughing City
rockchick1959
Golly, Poster

I know Eisley isn't always necessarily known for excessive wordiness between songs, or at least not so much in the recent years, but has anyone else noticed how much less the band seems to be chatting it up? During the Chicago show, they were almost like robots at times just blowing through one song right into the next. Then, every once in a while, they would speak and it was like good old Eisley was back again.

some Chicago gems:

"Gosh it's so quiet in here. None of you better fart or burp or we'll hear it."

and

"Our family is really big.I can't help it my parents liked screwing like rabbits."

thanks Sherri for those haha.

Anyone else agree? Either that or post your favorite stage banter (either from this tour or a past one)

http://kimschaefer.bandcamp.com/

http://youtube.com/kimschaefermusic
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ Laughing would she have said that last bit if Boyd were out tour with them still??? When the cat's away...

Oh, and I know there was lots of twitter posts about them working on segueing between songs and stringing them together. I think it was a goal of them to have the show flow from one song to the next. That's been spoken about by the band explicitly in recent times.

I don't have video of my show banter experience, but since I reviewed that show I memorized paraphrased versions of a couple of exchanges:

"We could tell when we saw the Factories and Strip Clubs while we were pulling in that it was gonna be a good show!" ~Sherri

"Wow, you guys are actually dancin; out there, usually our fans just stand there and look at us!" ~ Sherri

"Ugh this guitar is so heavy, I wish I could play your guitar" ~Sherri
"No Neutral " Chauntelle
"Whew, It's Hot up here!" ~ Chauntelle
"She's been sick..." ~Stacy & Sherri sorta mutter about it
"You know it'd be nice if we could take like a break or something..." ~Chauntelle
"NO." ~ Stacy & Sherri

There's this sort or Polite curtness that only siblings & immediate family can pull off Very Happy

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

During the show I was at, which was just a couple days after Chicago, Sherri took a moment to acknowledge how they weren't doing much talking between songs because they were trying to get their full set in before the 9 PM cutoff when the underagers had to leave the bar. I assume that's been the case elsewhere too.

My favorite quip I've heard was when they overheated the sound system and were standing around waiting for it to cool down, Chauntelle walked over to Stacy's keyboard and said, "I'll play a little piano for you....oh wait, I don't know how!" and walked away.

freakinalex
Lost at Forum

My favorite stage banter was from the Houston show they had on April 1st '08. Chauntelle had guitar problems during Taking Control, and after the song, they were just like, "Uh...yeah, that was our big April Fool's joke! Actually, we had this big joke planned that this was going to be our last show and that we were breaking up, but we knew you guys wouldn't believe it."

There was also another Houston show where they said that someone criticized them for the line "mermaid entwined shrubbery" in Marvelous Things, so they just started mumbling it whenever they played it live. Then they played the song and mumbled the line. It was amusing. Now I can't not listen for the mumbling. Razz

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

freakinalex wrote:

There was also another Houston show where they said that someone criticized them for the line "mermaid entwined shrubbery" in Marvelous Things, so they just started mumbling it whenever they played it live. Then they played the song and mumbled the line. It was amusing. Now I can't not listen for the mumbling. Razz

I've seen a clip of that or at least another show where they told the same story, 'twas funnee.

rchamp
Sea Post King

In New Orleans, after watching an over excited girl in the front row, Sherri said, "Maybe you should stop drinking." After the audience laughed, she added, "Just kidding."
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

I was at the Chicago show, too, and it did seem very rushed between songs. I don't think anyone said anything until they were 5 or 6 songs into the setlist, but if that was a goal of theirs, I guess it makes sense.

http://inconnumag.com
ync
Golly, Poster

the boston show had some good banter
something about how sherri can't start songs without stacy counting if off and she just started laughing when they started playing and had to explain it through an 'office' analogy.

the joke of the night was just yelling "COUNT IT"

and i liked when they were going to play telescope eyes weston just got up and walked off and sherri was like, "..wait wait where are you going?"

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

I think it's probably good that they're cutting down on the talking. Normally it seemed like filler because of technical difficulties and the like and got kind of awkward. I know fans appreciate it, but it really seemed quite unprofessional at times. Especially when they opened for bands like Switchfoot or The Fray (as much as I hate that band) that really know how to put on a show.
Vintage Newbie

Lol @ some of Sherri's comments. I wish she'd own her jokes/jokester-ness more often; like, she either has to censor herself or tell everyone she's kidding when it's pretty obvious.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

some good stage banter never hurts. i love tegan and sara's a lot

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

I often say very little at shows if the audience is apathetic or disinterested, and say a lot if they are active and engaged.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
woman4life
Golly, Poster

Seems like Sherri spoke here quite a bit about every 3rd song or so. It might take me a while to remeber it though. I went to 3 concerts that week, one out of town, so I was a bit on the overtired side. LOL Good concert, though. I enjoyed it. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
plentypine
Sea Post King

grain thrower wrote:
freakinalex wrote:

I've seen a clip of that or at least another show where they told the same story, 'twas funnee.

That's my video! I think, I mean, there's always a chance someone else recorded it, but here's mine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHO0F17QL38

goto page
 | next >>