Laughing City
norad
Vintage Newbie

I'm going to the KCMO show with my dad (and my grandparents might attend). Hopefully my friend Sydney will go too. Very Happy
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Wow, I can't believe they are coming to Pittsburgh, even with the Cleveland date! Good day, good day!
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

Robert Schwartzman's (lead singer of Rooney) twitter account seems to indicate that this is only the first leg of the tour that has been announced. However, whether the second leg of the tour is with Eisley remains to be seen. If there are no Texas dates on the second half, I'll probably drive the 3h45m to Tulsa for the sheer possibility of meeting R.Schwartz.
Vintage Newbie

vivalaspopie wrote:
Robert Schwartzman's (lead singer of Rooney) twitter account seems to indicate that this is only the first leg of the tour that has been announced. However, whether the second leg of the tour is with Eisley remains to be seen. If there are no Texas dates on the second half, I'll probably drive the 3h45m to Tulsa for the sheer possibility of meeting R.Schwartz.

*jaw drop* I never knew his bro was Jason Schwartzman! But that's probably because I never knew his name was Robert Schwartzman to begin with. Oh la la! Can see the resemblance indeedy.
uncreative
Vintage Newbie

cynlovescandy wrote:
None in California? What gives?!?!?! Mad

None on the west coast...
Catey
Lost at Forum

As a British fan of both bands, I am extremely jealous. I saw Rooney for my 18th birthday back in 2007 and they were so great, such a nice relaxed show. They have a great vibe and Robert is such a good front man.
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Kylee Janai wrote:
vivalaspopie wrote:

*jaw drop* I never knew his bro was Jason Schwartzman! But that's probably because I never knew his name was Robert Schwartzman to begin with. Oh la la! Can see the resemblance indeedy.

^ makes me feel old... Laughing

Context: Yeah, when Rooney came out, Jason was still drumming for Phantom Planet, so Robert being his bro ( their other relatives and having done a little acting himself) was Rooney's biggest claim to fame at the time, even if their songs were catchier than Phantom Planets at the time.

At that point in time both bands might as well been Dogstar & 40 Odd Foot of Grunts... If you don't know, now you know Cool

And tourwise, seriously, if this is the only leg Eisley is on, that's just fine by me. The question is this:

Is it better to tour in support of a new release as an opener, pulling in new fans from another bands base, or as Headliners to really draw in your core audience and "sell" them on the new tunes?

And I'm impressed at how eager ya'll are for the next does of Eisley, twice in 4 months time is true super-fan status for a non-local, non-classmate, non-family/ entourage member by my standards (unless the band in question manages to open multiple shows in your area for other bands you'd like to see, which would be the case with Deas Vail for any teen into the Soft Popish Emo that they're so into these days, they're here 4 or 5 times a year )

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
golly_sandra
Vintage Newbie

mikep0922 wrote:
Ugg! No Florida dates! Oh, well, it'll be an exiting tour nevertheless! Smile

I felt the same way, but I'm fine with it because I saw them just two months ago. Plus, they did say they will be doing more tours in 2011, which I'm sure they'll be headlining... thus going to more places (like Florida?).

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Our local paper had the show in their announcements under Entertainment today along with the tour poster graphic

I like how it's rocking the LC color scheme Wink
you'd almost think it's was the work of Boyd...
that and this being the N.I.H.M. tour is a nice little nod, intentional or not...

source: http://softneed.net/tags/NIMH/

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
kathymunster
Golly, Poster

i'm excited! though i HATE the rock and roll hotel
and i vowed never to go back, i guess i'll be going back in february...

ooh and i had no clue this was jason schwartzman's brother's band. i didn't even know he had a brother.
and when i looked up robert schwartzman i had no clue he was the guy in the princess diaries!!
i had the biggest crush on him when i was kid and that movie came out....

-Mae West
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I just read up on the Chapin Sisters, and this tour is officially the most Entertainment Industry Nepotismed of any I've ever heard of:

They are:

Harry Chapin's nieces
Their half sister who was in the band is Jessica Craven, their Manager is their half brother Jonathan Craven... son and daughter of, you guessed it (actually I seriously doubt you did) : Wes "Striped Sweater, Fedora, Bladed Glove" Craven Laughing

and their vid and song that open their site is pretty/creepy cool*

Their connection to Rooney??? Louie Stephens (Rooney-keys/synths) co-produced their sophomore release. And yeah they toured with She & Him opening and as Background vocalists, tapping into another thread of hollywood & Indie rock royalty...

Eisley should benefit from all these degree of separation trumping contacts! Mr. Green

*and yeah, if people thought the Duprees were creepy, peep that vid I was talking about again, it's like Midlake, kinda...

Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

kathymunster wrote:
i'm excited! though i HATE the rock and roll hotel
and i vowed never to go back, i guess i'll be going back in february...

ooh and i had no clue this was jason schwartzman's brother's band. i didn't even know he had a brother.
and when i looked up robert schwartzman i had no clue he was the guy in the princess diaries!!

Yeah ...really don't like the R&R Hotel, especially the
area and definite lack of parking.

Fingers crossed there won't be snow then!
Cendrillon
Golly, Poster

Quote:

Meeee tooooo...aw, he's so cute. That would make me happy to see him. The days are not good for me though. This happened last time as well. But we'll see, we'll see. Maybe if I can't see Eisley I'll see the Decemberists instead.

sully_51
Golly, Poster

Hrms.... decisions decisions...

I was really thinking about the KC show when Nora posted the thread on it... but the MN show is the next day... and 4 hours closer... hmmmmm....

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

sully_51 wrote:
Hrms.... decisions decisions...

I was really thinking about the KC show when Nora posted the thread on it... but the MN show is the next day... and 4 hours closer... hmmmmm....

If you don't come to the KC show, just know you'll be missed and that you'll let Nora and I down.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!