Laughing City
megamanda
Sea Post King

Thinking about having my boyfriend make me an "E" & Eisley sticker for my car, do you think I should or shouldn't go through with it? I don't want to make the band or anyone mad at me I just thought it would be cool to drive around advertising the band everywhere I go since they are of course my absolute favorite band!!!

thanks for the input...

ync
Golly, Poster

i've been wanting to do this as well. I think i'm also getting a screen printer for christmas so i wanted to make a custom eisley pullover hoodie. With the E on the chest and then have eisley written somewehre else on the hoodie

i don't think they'd be mad...if anything it should please them that we love them so much we're willing to make our own merch to advertise them to everyone else

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Ha, Eisley Bootleggers unite Exclamation Razz

I don't think the sticker's much different than getting an Eisley Tattoo, which isn't an issue from what I could tell when people shared their "E" tattoos on here and didn't get cease and desist orders.

Now, making a hoodie when you can buy one is maybe more "punk rock" and less kosher. Now, say if you "modded" a hoodie withe an Eisley patch you secured from the band, even on a legal front there's be no issue. But I'm going to guess that as long as you did it in such a way that it was beyond anything they themselves have produced (including original art or a permutation of their own imagery to the extent of a creative artistic interpretation) you'd be fine as well.

Truth be told, as long as you didn't rock your bootleg gear front and center at one of their shows like "In Your Face Eisley!!!" or have it featured in all it's glory in some media outlet (TV, magazine, viral vid or meme) you'd be A-OK, keeping it on the DL. But given your skills, as long as you put like 25% of your artistic talent into it, you should be able to do something unique enough where all you'll get is praise from fans and band alike for doing them proper justice.

that's my unsolicited, legally unsound opinion on said matters. Have fun, and have at it I say Cool

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
megamanda
Sea Post King

Eisley Bootleggers hahah that's awesome Smile i have been thinking about gettin the "E" tattoo as well so its good to know such information Smile
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

I dunno...

I think if you started selling them you'd probably have a problem....
otherwise its just tribute art, and if I were in your shoes I wouldn't worry about it. But I'm not the one Equal Vision would sue, so...
ync
Golly, Poster

wil i don't think i would ever wear it to one of their shows haha. just a hoodie for me to wear around - i prefer pullovers instead of zip ups though i already have 2 of their most recent zip up hoodies. The only things i would be taking is just the E logo and maybe writing eisley somewhere on the hoodie

You misunderstood. I used that emoticon to show people what they'd look like after I stab them in the eye.

Wink
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:
I dunno...

I think if you started selling them you'd probably have a problem....
otherwise its just tribute art, and if I were in your shoes I wouldn't worry about it. But I'm not the one Equal Vision would sue, so...

+1

I once made a custom shirt using the logo of a friend's band, even though I didn't know her very well at the time. It features a dog and I added a 'Grrrrrr!' to the graphic, and when I showed it to her she said "We should add that to ours!" Smile

marshking
Sea Post King

I had the Combinations-release round Eisley sticker on my old car since I got Combinations in 07. I still may have a couple of stickers lying around somewhere? I've got a bunch plastered on my guitar case and on a stop sign in my room, but may have spares.

I hope that the new label and the new album allows a lot more merch... yes, lots of shirts, but more stuff like stickers, totes, etc.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

We did this years ago ... a member (Berlies, I believe?) made some big "E" stickers, and sent them out to a few people. I still have mine somewhere on a shelf in my room, in fact. If i had to guess, that was 2005-ish ... It was no big deal, and I don't think it was a large enough amount to even matter if she did sell them.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
eisleyfan14203
Sea Post King

I don't think it would be a problem. I have an E tattoo on my leg and the band saw it and loved it and boyd thanked me for being so devoted

I actually have 2 Eisley Tattoos right by each other above my ankle Smile

I was also thinking about doing an Eisley SKINIT skin for my laptop. I have been wanting to cover it for so long and a few years ago I saw someone with an Eisley skin and I found this website (skinit.com)

follow me Smile