Laughing City
juan_diego
Sea Post King

Oh. My. God!!!

I have been waiting for this forever! A Stacy solo album is like a dream come true for me, I have always been more partial to Stacy's writing rather than Sherri's.

This is going to be GRAND! 'Cause, Baby, she can write well! Wink

I just hope this gets released SOON!

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

juan_diego wrote:
'Cause, Baby, she can write well! Wink

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
JBaker
Vintage Newbie

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

^I have been looking for an excuse to use that since...well, since I saved it off of Tumblr a few hours ago.

ANYWAY...BEST NEWS EVER? Truly a prayer I never thought would be answered.

I think Sherri used to be the better song writer, and perhaps nothing's changed other than my taste, but I really dig Stacy these days, in general. Her voice, her writing (both lyrically and in every-day use [comparitively]), her ideas, her 'look'. It's kind of funny, because I initially found Sherri to be more personally relatable, but she never did "grow up," whereas Stacy's [a metaphorical, for eff's sake] Benajmin Button, having always possessed a sort of inner wisdom that's become relevant in my life.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I am here to inject a little reasonability Neutral

Don't expect this album for another 9 months to a year or more.

Why?

Well, the record isn't written, so it can't hardly be recorded, and all the principals are in other bands/ have other projects. It's about time for MUTEMATH to get writing on their next one as well.

LPIII needs a fair shake, it won't be released for another 3 months *crosses fingers* and they won't be able to headline a tour of it until then due to Rooney tour, so that's 4 months from now if they go out on a headlining tour that lasts a month immediately after the release. I am thinking they will tour in the summer (maybe land a big opening gig) and headline a few dates, or maybe headline tour at the end of the summer or sometime in fall? Songs will have to be written in lieu of that.

The odds on the 2 weddings a year average being intact are less since there are only 3 Duprees yet to be wed, so that frees up the schedule a bit, but yeah, I think LPIII's got to get it's due.

And there there's this:

This solo record is a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Solo records are like coming out parties, where marginal artists can springboard to more notoriety. Labels (indie and major alike) are going to want to release this record. They know, like we do, it's gonna be awesome, and that a lot of people viewed Stacy as a prodigy, and this is a chance to reintroduce her to the public and cash in on the very same interest that got the band signed the first go around. It may not pan out that way, and She, Darren & Jeremy might go about creating there own cottage industry, who knows?

But yeah, consider his blog the warning shot, a prologue for a novel that's in the works, and then SNAP OUT OF IT Exclamation Lest we forget... We've got an EISLEY LP to support folks. Wink

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

wilsmith wrote:
They know, like we do, it's gonna be awesome, and that a lot of people viewed Stacy as a prodigy, and this is a chance to reintroduce her to the public and cash in on the very same interest that got the band signed the first go around. It may not pan out that way, and She, Darren & Jeremy might go about creating there own cottage industry, who knows?

Depends on how she feels about being "cashed in on" at this point, doesn't it?
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
I am here to inject a little reasonability Neutral

Don't expect this album for another 9 months to a year or more.

Why?

Well, the record isn't written, so it can't hardly be recorded, and all the principals are in other bands/ have other projects. It's about time for MUTEMATH to get writing on their next one as well.

LPIII needs a fair shake, it won't be released for another 3 months *crosses fingers* and they won't be able to headline a tour of it until then due to Rooney tour, so that's 4 months from now if they go out on a headlining tour that lasts a month immediately after the release. I am thinking they will tour in the summer (maybe land a big opening gig) and headline a few dates, or maybe headline tour at the end of the summer or sometime in fall? Songs will have to be written in lieu of that.

The odds on the 2 weddings a year average being intact are less since there are only 3 Duprees yet to be wed, so that frees up the schedule a bit, but yeah, I think LPIII's got to get it's due.

And there there's this:

This solo record is a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Solo records are like coming out parties, where marginal artists can springboard to more notoriety. Labels (indie and major alike) are going to want to release this record. They know, like we do, it's gonna be awesome, and that a lot of people viewed Stacy as a prodigy, and this is a chance to reintroduce her to the public and cash in on the very same interest that got the band signed the first go around. It may not pan out that way, and She, Darren & Jeremy might go about creating there own cottage industry, who knows?

But yeah, consider his blog the warning shot, a prologue for a novel that's in the works, and then SNAP OUT OF IT Exclamation Lest we forget... We've got an EISLEY LP to support folks. Wink

I've seen a whole lot of "this album is going to rock!" and not a lot of "where can I buy it RIGHT NOW?" in this thread, so I don't think anyone has gotten unreasonable around here. That being said, I agree with every part of that post. Also keep in mind that they just started working on it and the producer doesn't live in Tyler. Long-distance collaboration is a time-consuming process.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mylovelyislostatsea
Sea Post King

This is awesome!!! Very Happy
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Lol, I may not have expressed it, but I was definitely under the unreasonable impression that I'd have it in the near future, having read nothing beyond the title.

THANKS, WIL. Razz
boone
Vintage Newbie

"Oh, boy! The deep fryer's here. I got it used from the navy. You can flash-fry a buffalo in forty seconds."

"Forty seconds? But I want it now!"
The5thavocado
Vintage Newbie

Y'know, I don't really care how long it takes, as long as it happens. I believe Stacy would experience a wealth of success with a solo album. I'm a big fan and can't wait to hear what she cooks up sans-Eisley.

I still love Eisley a gamahucheing million time better than farting
Joined: 28 Feb 2005 | Posts: 2060 | Location: Dallas, Texas
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

I wish I didn't know about this because I'm assuming it's going to be a long while before any of the music is released, and I'm already dying to hear it! I love Stacy so much, especially after hearing her sing "Silver Spring." She's definitely a role model of mine...argh I can't wait!
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

i wonder if he was supposed to release that info? why wouldnt any of the family hinted at it in the least?

i have championed solo relases for a long time, especially after hearing their individual demos, so i am very interested.

the kicker is, i am only familiar with stacys music and have no idea what kind of ideas the other 2/3rds will bring to the table.

p.s. what is that carthage gif all about?

Caley
Lost at Forum

bigideas wrote:
i wonder if he was supposed to release that info? why wouldnt any of the family hinted at it in the least?

I'm hoping he would've asked Stacy and Darren before releasing it. I know I would've asked the people I was collaborating with before letting the cat out of the bag. Plus, Stacy always seemed more private to me when it came to her music, so I doubt she'd take to twitter or FB to announce things. So maybe Jeremy was given the go ahead to do all of that instead?

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

This is too exciting to read all the posts first - I'll make mine and then go back and read through. Smile

These are the two sentences that made my heart sing:

Jeremy Larson wrote:
So I started with some simple guitar parts, then added keys, and finally the orchestra behind it.

We wanted to make something very bold and innovative, attack the songs the way that Bjork would attack a song- with a mindset that we would try anything and everything that would make the songs beautiful.

I love when Eisley incorporates those expansive sound elements, and to think of an entire album like that....actually I'd better not or drive myself crazy without any indications about a timetable yet. Usually I'm wary of solo albums since they often result in a "not as good as the band" reaction, but I have high expectations here. That goes for Sherri & Max' Perma collab too. Let's face it, the Eisley release schedule has been frustratingly slow ever since Room Noises despite the fact that songs flow from S&S like a babbling brook, so I think it's terrific they are trying other outlets for getting their music out. Best of all, there's no worry that these side projects will create friction within Eisley, they seem above envy and jealousy towards each other and express nothing but support, bless 'em. Seems a clear-cut win-win-win (Eisley, Stacy & Perma) situation to me.

And for that matter, whoever said this before I agree with 100%, Weston and Garron oughter start their own side project and call it Guysley. Smile

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>