Laughing City
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

Ever seen this before?

http://www.amazon.com/Eisley-Albums-Combinations-p-Marvelous/dp/115746 1158/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1295731329&sr=8-3

I know this is some sort of indie publisher book type thing. but have you see others like this before for other bands?

does the band know about this?

it just seems strange to me.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

Phew, now I can pay money to get information that's available online for free!

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

i know. they even link to the wikipedia page.

but it does come with free updates!

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

I like how the 'used' copy is more expensive than the 'new' edition. Who used it and increased its value, Jesus?
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

29 or 30 pages of cut and paste from the internet garbage for $15? I missed my calling, obviously! Hard to believe 9 different places are selling this.

grain thrower wrote:
I like how the 'used' copy is more expensive than the 'new' edition. Who used it and increased its value, Jesus?

If you had read page 14 of this "book" you would know the following:

Is Eisley a "Christian" band?

Short answer: No. They do not write Christian music (songs to or for the Christian marketplace). Their music is not on Christian radio, they have never been on a Christian label. The members themselves, however, are Christians. If Eisley were painting landscape paintings, would they be Christian painters or just painters. So... if this helps - they aren't painting Bible scenes on canvas.

Longer answer: This would require a book.

Here are some words on the topic from the members themselves:

Sherri DuPree interviewed on pucknation.com

Quote:
In response to the question "Do you all consider yourselves to a 'Christian' rock band?", Sherri said:

"We're definitely not a Christian rock band. We are Christians, in that - we have a church that we go to, but it doesn't really come out in our songs. So I definitely wouldn't classify us as a 'Christian' rock band. Our personal lives and our religion don't really come out too much in it."

And in response to "So you are not trying to spread any kind of Christian message at all?":

"No, not really. As far as that goes, it will hopefully come out in our daily lives through people we meet. It is not something we are trying to force on anyone else. Definitely not."
-- http://www.pucknation.com/frontpage_article.asp?id=3915

Chauntelle DuPree quoted on monkeyouttanowhere.com

Quote:
"We have people tell us things like, 'Your songs just move me emotionally to tears, and I don't know what it is, there's something about you guys that's so different.' And we hope that that's God, you know, something from God ... I mean we're created in his image; talent to write songs or play music or whatever -- those are just gifts; everyone has them really; we just want to be reflections ... you know, pass whatever unique thing God's given us to people everywhere."
-- http://www.monkeyouttanowhere.com/quotes/archives/2005/03/08_19_53.htm l

Laughing

Wink
megamanda
Sea Post King

woooooooooooooooow.................... Shocked
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

Speaking as a former historian, these books aren't as asinine as they seem...they collect data and information in one place, and if one were doing major research, the information gathered would be handy. it's not just bands--you just need to look up and you'll find TONS of different subjects being put together like that.

i gotta give the person credit for coming up with the idea!