Laughing City
Polaris
Sea Post King

I know exactly how you feel, kLafied, but don't let that stop you from posting in Laughing City. Think of it this way; you didn't mean what you said in a mean way, and perhaps you're misreading Boyd's comment as others have misread yours.

With bands that make music we truly feel a connection with (like Eisley) we want to connect with the band members as well, want to be part of it all, and some of us adore them, some of us even idolize them, to a certain extent. And sometimes when you perceive something from one of them that's directed at you, that's off from what you think is their good/kind/mysterious/polite image that one might want them to be, it can be a slap in the face. Just try and remember that they're human, they have their good sides and their bad sides, their own opinions just like you, and you shouldn't feel extra bad because one of them disagrees with you.

Also if it makes you feel better, it's not like anyone is going "Oh, kLafied, she's the one that insulted Eisley." Just in case you had the feeling of that.

Sorry if that's too long of a post; not much sleep and I ramble a bit. In short: "Don't worry about it, I give you plenty of sympathy."
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Why not post this on Trolleywood and tell them that's not how you meant it? It would do them well to realize they weren't being criticized for broaching a subject, too.

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

Polaris wrote:
I know exactly how you feel, kLafied, but don't let that stop you from posting in Laughing City. Think of it this way; you didn't mean what you said in a mean way, and perhaps you're misreading Boyd's comment as others have misread yours.

With bands that make music we truly feel a connection with (like Eisley) we want to connect with the band members as well, want to be part of it all, and some of us adore them, some of us even idolize them, to a certain extent. And sometimes when you perceive something from one of them that's directed at you, that's off from what you think is their good/kind/mysterious/polite image that one might want them to be, it can be a slap in the face. Just try and remember that they're human, they have their good sides and their bad sides, their own opinions just like you, and you shouldn't feel extra bad because one of them disagrees with you.

Also if it makes you feel better, it's not like anyone is going "Oh, kLafied, she's the one that insulted Eisley." Just in case you had the feeling of that.

Sorry if that's too long of a post; not much sleep and I ramble a bit. In short: "Don't worry about it, I give you plenty of sympathy."

Thanks... this is really how I felt!

StuartBuck
Sea Post King

I would have read Boyd's comment as basically saying this: "I'm not going to go there, because I don't get into the mess of discussing infidelity, naming names, etc." In other words, I didn't see his comment as dissing you, but as saying that he doesn't like to talk on the record about infidelity.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

I really don't think so^.

Maybe it was the product of telephone or simply not remembering it correctly--getting it partially confused with something else that was said. Boyd's a smart dude, and now that we've seen the context of the statement, I'm almost sure there was some sort of mistake/misunderstanding.
gundamit
Golly, Poster

wilsmith wrote:
I went off like a horse's-ass in that thread and made fun of you BF's name and didn't know what I was talking about.

Yes. That was horrible. Shame on you. But kLafied didn't get hold a grudge. And I'm sure Eisley won't either. After we burn her.

Sea Post King

So what's leaked? *whistle* I heard the 2 songs on Facebook and the Amazon clips sound amazing. I've already pre-ordered the real copy so don't be a hater.
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

tahruh wrote:
I really don't think so^.

Maybe it was the product of telephone or simply not remembering it correctly--getting it partially confused with something else that was said. Boyd's a smart dude, and now that we've seen the context of the statement, I'm almost sure there was some sort of mistake/misunderstanding.

I hope so... I'm pretty much over it, but I think it bothered me most because the last thing I want is to say something to upset any of them, it really was not my intention at ALL. Hopefully it's all just misunderstanding.

gundamit
Golly, Poster

Hopefully Boyd's mom is feeling better. Haven't seen an update from Boyd since he mentioned it on 2/1.
Laughing Citizen

LC Drama thread.

I think there might be a little oversensitivity going on here.
But thats just my take.
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

inorbit wrote:
LC Drama thread.

But thats just my take.

He already addressed me in the journal comments, it's all cool now.

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

gundamit wrote:
Hopefully Boyd's mom is feeling better. Haven't seen an update from Boyd since he mentioned it on 2/1.

Me too, and I didn't want to pry. I took that he's answering a couple questions in the other thread sprinkled with a "ha ha" as a good sign though.

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

kLafied wrote:
inorbit wrote:
LC Drama thread.

But thats just my take.

He already addressed me in the journal comments, it's all cool now.

Good, good... I hadn't checked over there.

grain thrower wrote:
gundamit wrote:

Me too, and I didn't want to pry. I took that he's answering a couple questions in the other thread sprinkled with a "ha ha" as a good sign though.

I saw that when I looked over at the Trolleywood thread in ref to the above... Serious double take. Sounds... worrying. I certainly hope things turn out for the better.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

gundamit wrote:
I hope so, too. I see her commenting on the girls' stuff a lot on Facebook, which is beyond adorable. Get well soon, Mrs. Dupree!
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

In keeping with any possible desires for privacy, I'd just like to assuage worries and share that I've read nothing but good news about her so far. Smile

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address