Laughing City
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eisley-Valley-CD-/400192318784?pt=Music_CDs&hash=i tem5d2d522d40

So is it a pre-order? It says it is but the shipping says it'd be shipped out automatically... That can't be legal.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Diverted product?

How intriguing.

Does this mean they've arrived?
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

I have no idea. All I know is I was really tempted to buy one but out of respect for Eisley, decided not to. I'm not sure about this. It seems sketchy.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:

dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
alinicole
Sea Post King

It says in the description: "This CD will be released on March 1, 2011 and then mailed within 4 days. Pre-order now!"
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

^I know, but it also says in the description that it'd arrive by the 18th or 19th. Either way, I alerted Boyd of the issue just incase something shady was going on. It does say they have 10 available, too. I'm not sure. I just wanted them to be aware of the fact if something does come of it.

Also, why would they be charging so much for it if you weren't going to get it early?

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:

alinicole
Sea Post King

What it says on the top is just when the ebay system calculated it would arrive if you bought that item right now. What's in the description is what the seller actually wrote in themselves, and the seller put that this is a pre-order that will ship out within 4 days after March 1st. At least that's what I'm getting out of this?
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

I'm not saying it's, for sure, sketchy but if it is, I'd rather it be known before hand than EVR and Eisley having to do damage control after the fact. But that's just me.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

there is nothing shady.

most things dont have an "official" street date. just an unofficial one that people go by.

it is not really illegal to sell your copies early if you choose to. most dont because they dont want to get hassled by the distributer/publisher.

but if one chooses to...

edit to add what kind of damage control would a small indie band that very few people know about have to do for 10 copies of thier cd that got out early?

we are not talking about the whole wal mart chain selling halo 4 here.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
boone
Vintage Newbie

I bought the screenplay to The Phantom Menace about two months early from a movie memorabilia store. I was mildly disappointed before everybody else! I always wondered if they could have gotten in trouble for that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

The_Paronomasial_Mattoid wrote:
I have no idea. All I know is I was really tempted to buy one but out of respect for Eisley, decided not to. I'm not sure about this. It seems sketchy.

No no, I think you should order it for $26 bucks so you'll be sure to get it by March 5th.

Snarkiness aside, it could be somebody who was planning to buy 10 cd's at a show and sell em for big profits. But I read they won't be sold before the 22nd now. Really though, do you need to hear it a few days early that badly?

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

^ I don't need to hear it that badly, I'd love to hear it today but I can wait. I was actually looking through what was up for sale on ebay of Eisley stuff. Seeing if anymore RN records had gone up, just for the heck of it and stumbled across that. Like I said, I was tempted to get it but didn't. If I "needed" to hear it that badly, I would've have purchased it, but I didn't. I don't want to be a contributer to something if it's sketchy or if it's going to hinder the band in any way. I'm not saying it would, without a doubt, hinder the bad but if there's a chance that it would, I want no part in it.

However, for someone buying at a show (see thread about it being sold on the 16th), I would actually prefer, not just because I'd get it a few days early, but because it'd (probably) be cheaper for me. I'm pretty much broke. No job due to crazy circumstances, no source of income whatsoever. I live with my parents and I'm 21. I've never lived on my own but that's, again, due to the weirdest circumstances. I've planned to move out and be on my own, but the cards haven't been in my favor. So I save a few extra bucks where I can and it just so happens, that having someone buy it for me at a show is most likely going to be cheaper than pre-ordering it through their site.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:

grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

My secondhand story is that some years ago a friend Brent was at a Target on a Monday close to closing time and walking down the music aisle and he saw a clerk emptying a box of Rush CDs that were to be released the next day. Brent asked him if he could buy one and the clerk said, "Sure, why not" and rang it up at the electronics counter. Brent went back a few days later and ran into the same clerk who told him that he caught hell and almost got fired for selling him that CD - and that was for less than 24 hours before it officially went on sale! Now that was back before internet leaks so policies might've changed but illustrates in the not-too-distant past they were once very strict about release dates.
boone
Vintage Newbie

I went to Fred Meyer once and saw that (500) Days of Summer was out on video, so I decided to buy it. Turns out they put it on the shelf a week early and couldn't sell it to me because it wasn't in the computer. That was frustrating.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

store policy is for sure one thing.

but if this guy runs his own store on ebay. he can sell them whenever he wants.

again, the record company could look down on him for it and not give him perks or whatever. but those are the risks you take.

that is why i said street date is a guideline. one most follow because they dont want to get hell from the distributor.

but if you dont care about that, you can sell it when you want to.

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

mr pine
Vintage Newbie

oddly enough I Just found a valley torrent out there.

it seems to have all the songs on it.
but when you go to extract it it says you have to complete an offer to get the password.

i find it odd that such an obscure band would have that.

but whatever.

wilsmith wrote:

goto page
 | next >>