Laughing City
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

I may be late to this (I've been in Florida and without internet), but I just saw a post by Sherri on Tumblr that said she'll be dying her pink hair soon because they're shooting a video next week. Yay!
ks1990
Lost at Forum

*crosses fingers that it's for 'Watch it Die'*
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

I know... I'm guessing it's for "Smarter" which would make me slightly "Sad" (nerd)... but either way I can't wait for a video and I know they're only doing what they think is best. Guess we'll see, I'm sure it will be great!
sebas
Golly, Poster

'Bout time they made a new video.

-Mahatma, Gandhi
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

Considering how Sherri's said a few times she needs to look timeless, I doubt it's for Smarter (or Sad.) Those songs aren't so anti-pink-hair, if anything can be classified as such. Laughing
nemo1
Sea Post King

And where do they show videos anymore? MTV? Rolling Eyes Oh wait- youtube; and since there are only about 900 million videos there, I'm sure our Duprees will stand out. As the other thread mentioned-- not to be a downer, and I know videos are a necessity, but without at least a modicum of airplay and some major press, the greater public isn't going to know how great Eisley is and be directed to the video in the first place.

Or maybe they can be so awesomely awful that Daniel Tosh can give them a shout-out, and 32 million hits later--- total world domination!!! oh-- Black lightning only strikes once? But... today is Tuesday, yesterday was Monday, I I I so excited, I so excited, tomorrow is Wednesday and Thursday comes afterwards... (and so it goes)

I think a brilliant idea would be to go to every Rebecca Black-related youtube site and comment "R B isn't good music. Eisley is good music". Might get at least a few of those people curious about checking them out...
golly andrew
Laughing Citizen

nemo1 wrote:
And where do they show videos anymore? MTV? Rolling Eyes Oh wait- youtube; and since there are only about 900 million videos there, I'm sure our Duprees will stand out. As the other thread mentioned-- not to be a downer, and I know videos are a necessity, but without at least a modicum of airplay and some major press, the greater public isn't going to know how great Eisley is and be directed to the video in the first place.

Or maybe they can be so awesomely awful that Daniel Tosh can give them a shout-out, and 32 million hits later--- total world domination!!! oh-- Black lightning only strikes once? But... today is Tuesday, yesterday was Monday, I I I so excited, I so excited, tomorrow is Wednesday and Thursday comes afterwards... (and so it goes)

I think a brilliant idea would be to go to every Rebecca Black-related youtube site and comment "R B isn't good music. Eisley is good music". Might get at least a few of those people curious about checking them out...

Did you know the number one killer of domestic cats is feline AIDS?
Joined: 23 Mar 2005 | Posts: 1919 | Location: In a glass case of emotion
norad
Vintage Newbie

golly andrew wrote:
nemo1 wrote:

johnip
Vintage Newbie

norad wrote:
golly andrew wrote:
nemo1 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo1kNGGEle0&NR=1

Vintage Newbie

nemo1 wrote:

Harshly put, but true in principle. I admit that I find myself wondering why bands bother to make videos anymore.

The best anyone can hope for these days is that their video will be clever or striking enough to generate a following comparable to OK Go (and how many of us have chuckled at OK Go's videos but never bothered to listen to the rest of their music?). The most likely scenario is that they'll spend a crap ton of money making a video that will be seen a few thousand times in total. If they get really lucky, it will have a more clever premise than "band performing in a spacious area" or "singer-songwriter moping about her dingy apartment" and might get attention because of its plot or some other notable feature.

That being said, I have yet to be disappointed by an Eisley video (even "I Wasn't Prepared") and I look forward to whatever they'll do next, along with the rest of the fans, who are the people who will probably get the most enjoyment and benefit from such a venture.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
eiswood09
Sea Post King

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Shocked Very Happy *annoying fan-girl scream* Very Happy
I love their music videos. This is exciting! I wonder what song they'll do? I guess they might do either "The Valley", "Smarter" or "Ambulance" (which are all fantastic songs), but I really hope for "Watch It Die".

Sea Post King

I still think they should have made the Sci-Fi/flying saucer video that WB wanted to produce. But maybe that's just me.
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
Harshly put, but true in principle. I admit that I find myself wondering why bands bother to make videos anymore.

The best anyone can hope for these days is that their video will be clever or striking enough to generate a following comparable to OK Go (and how many of us have chuckled at OK Go's videos but never bothered to listen to the rest of their music?). The most likely scenario is that they'll spend a crap ton of money making a video that will be seen a few thousand times in total. If they get really lucky, it will have a more clever premise than "band performing in a spacious area" or "singer-songwriter moping about her dingy apartment" and might get attention because of its plot or some other notable feature.

That being said, I have yet to be disappointed by an Eisley video (even "I Wasn't Prepared") and I look forward to whatever they'll do next, along with the rest of the fans, who are the people who will probably get the most enjoyment and benefit from such a venture.

Way to ruin it, back to the drawing board for them. I prefer just the band performing in an intersting area to ones with a story the band had nothing to do with writing, where they make the musicians try to act. There's more of a chance of things going badly. I think Sherri did a nice job in the Telescope Eyes vid though. I've enjoyed all their videos so far and am looking forward to a new one.
Music videos may not help much but also since they aren't as important as they used to be they can't be total career enders either:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR0j7sModCI

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
eiswood09
Sea Post King

kLafied wrote:
I may be late to this (I've been in Florida and without internet), but I just saw a post by Sherri on Tumblr that said she'll be dying her pink hair soon because they're shooting a video next week. Yay!

Sherri's new hair

Last edited by eiswood09 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
norad
Vintage Newbie

I like that you use our site but could you please not hotlink images from it?
Thank you. Cool