Laughing City
johnip
Vintage Newbie

First, thank you Eisley, The Narrative, Christie and Collin for such a flippin' great show!

After driving 264 miles back and forth across the great state of Georgia at work today, I was second guessing my plans to make another 65 mile trip to Atlanta. I can't believe the thought even crossed my mind now.

If you haven't bought your tickets yet, you better get your butt movin' cause you don't wanna miss this tour! They were on the money tonight - absolutely amazing! The only hiccup was forgetting to bring a guitar pick for Stacy. Luckily a guy in the front row had brought one to share. Laughing

I couldn't keep track of the order of songs, but they played the entire new album, and what seemed like half of Room Noises and Combinations too. They opened with Watch It Die, and closed with Mr. Moon. In between at some point were:

Golly Sandra
Marvelous Things
I Wasn't Prepared
Brightly Wound
Come Clean
ICBTFY
Many Funerals
Invasion
and the rest of The Valley

Maybe someone on here got a setlist if I missed anything.

Christie and Collin were great - I recognized a few songs from myspace. The Narrative were good too. I hadn't listened to them before the show and was pleasantly surprised. They did a nice cover of Karma Police Smile The girl, Suzie, was so much like a friend of mine it's uncanny haha. I got the two CDs they were selling and Christie's too. Bought one of the tour posters and got everyone but Weston to sign it. After all that drumming they made him pack up all the gear!

Definitely worth the trip to see them. Don't miss them! Now to get a few winks so I'm not completely worthless tomorrow. Wink

Sea Post King

Can't agree more!

The show was fantastic.

eiswood09
Sea Post King

It's nice to hear it was such a great show Very Happy I wish I could go to this tour but living thousands of miles overseas can be such a bane. One day I'll watch them. It's a dream. There will always be youtube though Laughing
Vintage Newbie

Watch it Die?!!! Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I don't know if I can wait more day..!
eiswood09
Sea Post King

Kylee Janai wrote:
Watch it Die?!!! Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I don't know if I can wait more day..!

It was on another post that they played the entire "The Valley" album. I wish I could go to this show. Someone better film this and post it on youtube! Very Happy

Vintage Newbie

I am pleased as punch, thanks for giving this wonderful news it's own thread. Minds are being blown by the wish fulfillment that is currently in progress. Safe travels to Eisley, we are ready to be rocked.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

The whole new album? I need videos! I can't go to this tour Sad Sad Sad
freakinalex
Lost at Forum

Any chance you could give a good estimate as to how long the entire show ran? I want to go to the Houston show, but it's the same night that the 48-Hour Film Project starts, so depending on how late the concert ends, I may have to pass on it.
orgo
Sea Post King

freakinalex wrote:
Any chance you could give a good estimate as to how long the entire show ran? I want to go to the Houston show, but it's the same night that the 48-Hour Film Project starts, so depending on how late the concert ends, I may have to pass on it.

Hey, johnip can back me up here I hope. Christie and Collin were about 45 min. for their set. The Narrative was at an hour or a bit longer. Eisley was a little over an hour amazingly. They did play all that music without a break! It was intense. The show started promptly at 8 and ended a little after 11.

johnip
Vintage Newbie

I think The Narrative was done around 9:30 and Eisley finished up around 11:15 maybe? I hung around another 20-30 minutes to buy stuff, get autographs/talk and hopefully didn't make a dork of myself. Wink

I don't know about the 48-hour Film Project Alex, but couldn't yours be the 47-hour project? Very Happy
You really don't want to miss this one! I was blown away if you couldn't tell.

Sea Post King

found a video of I Wish!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTTInfgUNOw&feature=youtube_gdata_playe r

somehow I knew Stacy would be playing guitar on this one. I am BEYOND bummed that I'm missing this tour. Sad

princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

juan_diego wrote:

somehow I knew Stacy would be playing guitar on this one. I am BEYOND bummed that I'm missing this tour. Sad

Yay! Kind of rough, really, but they put the Stack Attack on that bridge. Dayyyum. Can't wait til they get "used to" playing it...
juan_diego
Sea Post King

princesstripandfall wrote:
juan_diego wrote:

Yay! Kind of rough, really, but they put the Stack Attack on that bridge. Dayyyum. Can't wait til they get "used to" playing it...

should be golden by tours end, and definitely next tour (which hopefully won't skip Florida)

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

princesstripandfall wrote:
juan_diego wrote:

My girlcrush on Stacy turned into a raging girlboner during the bridge. A-holy crap. Also, no one else should be allowed to wear keyhole shoulder blouses ever.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
cattink
Sea Post King

I hope they don't make any big changes to the setlist before they come back to Florida.

Trying to keep from spoiling myself with live videos of the new songs...

(Let's just say I need to work on my patience in general.)