Laughing City

Should Perma & Christie create Bandcamp sites for their music for us to buy it?
Duh, Yes.
90%
 90%  [ 9 ]
Never considered it, I'm ambivalent.
10%
 10%  [ 1 ]
Nah, they should hold out for label support.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, they should keep with the cd only releases.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Shameless is iffy to navigate, and things get pruned so...

I know there are a lot of bandcamp projects and albums released by LCer's since I joined up in 08' and I've downloaded a few things offered but I'm a scatterbrain, so post a link here. I, and so many people do better with lists.

I don't have anything for sale, or worthy of it yet, so when I cross that bridge I will post it. Until then, I'm imploring you guys to facilitate my lazy mind (I know I'm not alone in this) and repost your links to your projects in this one convenient place, please Very Happy There's money in it for you!

P. S. - Don't mark up your prices all of a sudden cause there's "demand". Razz

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
guitarfreak217
Vintage Newbie

I've just got my EP right now. There's some other stuff floating around but...

http://thistledown.bandcamp.com

That's right, I changed the name again.

Saellys
Vintage Newbie

http://smokemonster.bandcamp.com/

Pay what you want! You can also PayPal me $5 and I'll mail you a physical CD and send you a download link. Very Happy

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^ Got the Cd today, well packaged and accompanied by some knickknacks Very Happy. Thanks so much! Great work & great customer service from two humble & talented artists.

Where are DRMS & Kailafied??? Pretty sure they had projects on bandcamp... And a few bands, someone's boyfriend's band had something streaming for a radiostation out in the northwest that was really good.

Making the mail doubly good was a packaged from She Makes War with that CD and a couple of Business Cards/ Photo prints from the self proclaimed purveyor of "Grungy Dystopian Gloom-Pop". Seriously, it's on the back of her Business Cards Smile

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

www.tylerhogan.bandcamp.com

I'd much rather you download it for free than pay anything for it (unless you happen to be a wealthy patron of the arts).

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
marshkingsdaughter
Golly, Poster

I don't have a bandcamp thing, but I've got a few crappy demos available for free download. I'm no producer, but I do get bored. Just right-click and save:

"Rain Song" (original/improvised)
http://bit.ly/idXW4y

"My Cup of Tea" (cover)
http://bit.ly/i6lp7K

"Amy's Song" (a song I wrote about Doctor Who)
http://bit.ly/gIi7um

As far as bandcamp goes, my best friend is in a pseudo-surf-punk band that's actually really kind of great. I especially love the song "For Your Health," and it's play count on my iTunes is ridiculous. Their demo is free on Bandcamp:

http://chestpiece.bandcamp.com/

http://inconnumag.com
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

DRMS_7888 wrote:

I'd much rather you download it for free than pay anything for it (unless you happen to be a wealthy patron of the arts).

Bandcamp is on the fritz for some reason. Won't let me download in any format, I've tried from mac and 2 different PCs, via 3 different locations (my connection, over at my mom's, a public library en route from on place to the other.) Bah Humbug, I emailed them, and I'm sure they'll get on top of it asap.

Re: Download Help
Monday, April 25, 2011 9:27 PM

Hello there,

Thanks for letting us know about this. One of our servers is having a bit of heartburn at the moment, but it should be back to pristine health in just a bit. We humbly ask that you wait a little while and try what you were doing a second time, and let us know if you don't have better luck.

Thanks, and sorry about the trouble!
Ryan

Meanwhile, Wealth is relative, we're all patrons in the end. It's just a matter of how discrete people are with their discretionary spending. My logic is, if you don't want money for the music you can always donate it to Mozilla, Soundforge.net, or Wiki Very Happy Or "have a drink on me, or desert or whatever..."

ALSO: Let's get on that campaign to get that Perma & Christie Durpee music on bandcamp, get to tweeting and FB'ing.

DRMS_7888
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
DRMS_7888 wrote:

Bandcamp is on the fritz for some reason. Won't let me download in any format, I've tried from mac and 2 different PCs, via 3 different locations (my connection, over at my mom's, a public library en route from on place to the other.) Bah Humbug, I emailed them, and I'm sure they'll get on top of it asap.

Re: Download Help
Monday, April 25, 2011 9:27 PM

Hello there,

Thanks for letting us know about this. One of our servers is having a bit of heartburn at the moment, but it should be back to pristine health in just a bit. We humbly ask that you wait a little while and try what you were doing a second time, and let us know if you don't have better luck.

Ryan

Meanwhile, Wealth is relative, we're all patrons in the end. It's just a matter of how discrete people are with their discretionary spending. My logic is, if you don't want money for the music you can always donate it to Mozilla, Soundforge.net, or Wiki Very Happy Or "have a drink on me, or desert or whatever..."

Hey Wil, thanks so much for the patronage. Let me know if you are still having problems with the download, and I can send you a copy.

MAKECOLDPLAYHISTORY
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 | Posts: 8868 | Location: Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

wilsmith wrote:
^ Got the Cd today, well packaged and accompanied by some knickknacks Very Happy. Thanks so much! Great work & great customer service from two humble & talented artists.

Huzzah! I'm glad it arrived quickly and safely.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

www.kailahandler.bandcamp.com

Very Happy

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Bandcamp finally was up long enough for me to get DRMS music dl'ed finally, and then I started on klafied & bam!:

bandcamp wrote:

…is offline for just a teensy, weensy moment. Please bear with us.
(Follow @bandcampstatus on Twitter for the latest updates.)

I'm almost 100% sure they use Amazon Cloud servers, or whatever the Playstation Network is using, cause these coincidental outages are conspicuous. Confused Will try again later.

now you can all claim that demand for your music broke Bandcamp Wink

Re: Kaila Handler Mountains Download Error
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:02 PM

Hello there,

Thanks for letting us know about this. One of our servers experienced a bout of ills, but is recovering quickly. There is some lingering fail in the air as some systems are brought back up to speed (and you may see some bumps in the site service as this happens), but these bummers, too, will pass. We humbly ask that you try what you were doing again in a little while, and let us know if you don't have better luck.

Ryan

I was able to get all the other songs, but Mountains has yet to be scaled. I'll try again later.

kLafied
Laughing Citizen

wilsmith wrote:
Bandcamp finally was up long enough for me to get DRMS music dl'ed finally, and then I started on klafied & bam!:

bandcamp wrote:

…is offline for just a teensy, weensy moment. Please bear with us.
(Follow @bandcampstatus on Twitter for the latest updates.)

I'm almost 100% sure they use Amazon Cloud servers, or whatever the Playstation Network is using, cause these coincidental outages are conspicuous. Confused Will try again later.

now you can all claim that demand for your music broke Bandcamp Wink

Re: Kaila Handler Mountains Download Error
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 12:02 PM

Hello there,

Thanks for letting us know about this. One of our servers experienced a bout of ills, but is recovering quickly. There is some lingering fail in the air as some systems are brought back up to speed (and you may see some bumps in the site service as this happens), but these bummers, too, will pass. We humbly ask that you try what you were doing again in a little while, and let us know if you don't have better luck.

Ryan

I was able to get all the other songs, but Mountains has yet to be scaled. I'll try again later.

Thanks so much!

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Your welcome, and the Download for Mountains is working now, downloading the FLAC as we speak.

And AHEM Exclamation I surely hope others are getting their mits on this music, it's very good stuff from all the above parties, and worth the low, low, prices they are charging. Tip em' something for their efforts.