Laughing City
norad
Vintage Newbie

http://www.kdge.com/pages/ac.html
Tumblr post &:

00 Adventure Club Interview
01 Better Love (Acoustic - Adventure Club)
02 The Valley (Acoustic - Adventure Club)]
03 Please (Acoustic - Adventure Club)

To preview the interview and songs go here: media.strangeyellowpatterns.com/index.php/media/category/68-full-radio -show-may-22-2011

The interview is pretty good and the start of Please is funny. Smile
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Hey thanks! Yeah, that interview went by fast since it wasn't just the typical questions!
sebas
Golly, Poster

I love Game of Thrones. I hope the girl in your avatar ends up killing her sister.

Oh yea, Eisley interviews are pretty cool too I guess.

-Mahatma, Gandhi
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

sebas wrote:
I love Game of Thrones. I hope the girl in your avatar ends up killing her sister.

Laughing I love seeing comments by people who haven't read the books.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

sebas wrote:

Me too! I'm halfway through the first book. Hopefully before the second season I'll be well through book two. And Arya is totally badass.
sebas
Golly, Poster

Saellys wrote:

Sad

I didn't even know it was based off of a book.

-Mahatma, Gandhi
norad
Vintage Newbie

sebas wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Sad I didn't even know it was based off of a book.

I never heard of the books till the show but after the first episode I ordered the first book. I find that the book provides much more information on what's happening. I like it all much more. Spoiler: Lady's death was more upsetting in the book than on the show to me.
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

sebas wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Sad

I didn't even know it was based off of a book.

I wasn't laughing at your expense--I seriously do love seeing comments by people who haven't read the books. I like that vicarious sense of wonder Reason #1 why My Mom Watches Game of Thrones is my favorite Tumblr. I'm still a new fan myself, having read the books last year when I heard Sean Bean and Harry Lloyd were going to be involved.

A Song of Ice and Fire is a series of books which started in 1995 with A Game of Thrones and is about to see its fifth installment with A Dance With Dragons, which has taken six years for George R. R. Martin to write, presumably because he had to watch a lot of football and go hang out in Morocco with some hot chicks, if his blog is any indication. The books are really excellent and I recommend that any fan of the show read them, because as crazy as the show has gotten, it gets even crazier in the second and third books. Supposedly there will be seven books total.

Oh, and they've done a truly exceptional job of adapting the first one--it's easily the most faithful, absorbing, and vibrant translation from book to screen since Nineteen Eighty-Four. Not a great analogy since they are two very different genres and two very different results, but the only other adaptations I could compare Thrones to for vastness and detail are Watchmen, which had no soul, and Lord of the Rings, which seemed awesome at the time but is now just cringe-inducing in its excess and melodrama. Thrones is far superior to either of them, despite HBO throwing in some extra boobs (and there were plenty to begin with) and occasionally having an episode where 75% of the material wasn't even in the book.

So basically, I love this show. Wink

norad wrote:
Spoiler: Lady's death was more upsetting in the book than on the show to me.

I was listening to the audiobook while driving back from Tennessee one day, and had to pull over to cry. That scene in the show just didn't have quite the same impact for me.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
norad
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
norad wrote:
Spoiler: Lady's death was more upsetting in the book than on the show to me.

I was listening to the audiobook while driving back from Tennessee one day, and had to pull over to cry. That scene in the show just didn't have quite the same impact for me.

Exactly!! It was so much more emotional for me in the book than seeing it on tv was. I had to stop reading to cry for a moment 'cause I couldn't see the page through my tears. Crying or Very sad
I also read along with the audio book since it's easier for me to get through a book that way. I also like hearing it read with a British accent and the pronunciation of names and words helps as well. Smile

From what I've read of the book they have been doing an amazing job with adapting it to tv. There have only been a few instances where I was unhappy with a change or something being left out. I also like some of the changes they've made. Like with Jory taking Arya back to her room and having that moment rather than some dude named Desmond. Oh yeah...and where the eff if Ghost (and Summer and Grey Wind and Shaggy Dog)!

(We need a GoT thread Laughing)