Laughing City
<< prev | goto page
 | next >>
The_Paronomasial_Mattoid
Vintage Newbie

princesstripandfall wrote:
juan_diego wrote:
I do hope 192 Days and the song at 5:05 in this video see the light of day. That and maybe like 2 or 3 newbeies.

Yes! The Eiswood sessions song there is one I was most looking forward to on The Valley. And then I forgot about it. Laughing

I hope so, too! I've been wondering recently what happened to that song. I really like the snippets I've heard so far. I hope for 192 Days, too.

New music is always good.

The world is R. Kelly's shower. It's a golden world.

Nowhere Man wrote:
mr pine wrote:
is there a difference between dubstep and techno?
you know besides the name?

techno: uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik uhnd chik
dubstep: BOOM Chik.. Boom Boom Boom Chik.. PEOOOWWwwww BOOM BOWowoWOWoWOWow zipzipzipzipzipwoowooowoow EEEEEeeeeeerrr BOOM BOOM BOOM Splat!
eiswood09
Sea Post King

From Stacy's Tumblr: Very Happy
ladiesandgentswalkonby wrote:
Today, today, today….

I drove around listening to new Eisley demoes in my sunny neighborhood. We are going to be recording a new EP in August so i’ve been spending my days in the music room at my house writing a small assortment of tunes to be sifted through. So far so good. Sherri is doing the same, i’m really excited about what she has started working on! The summer feels so right to be making new music. I’ve been on auto pilot in this way.

Yesss!!! Too excited to hear new Eisley tunes!!

Sea Post King

eiswood09 wrote:
Today, today, today….

I drove around listening to new Eisley demoes in my sunny neighborhood. We are going to be recording a new EP in August so i’ve been spending my days in the music room at my house writing a small assortment of tunes to be sifted through. So far so good. Sherri is doing the same, i’m really excited about what she has started working on! The summer feels so right to be making new music. I’ve been on auto pilot in this way.

awwwww yeah!!!

Caley
Lost at Forum

Nice! I'm really excited to hear new tunes from them (even if the Valley only came out a few months ago)!
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

eiswood09 wrote:
Today, today, today….

Hmm, that's interesting. I usually thought the EP's would be a way of dumping the album tracks that weren't used instead of writing completely new material.

eiswood09
Sea Post King

Sherri says (on tumblr) that the new EP probably won't be out until late this year or early next year.

sdupreebemis wrote:
Anyhow, if you’ve browsed Stacy’s tumblr (http://ladiesandgentswalkonby.tumblr.com) you’ve seen that we’re (Eisley) working on a new EP! It’ll probably not be out ‘til late this year or early next but we’ve been working on new songs the last few weeks and it has been really challenging and really fun…especially since I haven’t really written much since we finished The Valley and it’ll be the first project we’ll get to put out with Equal Vision!

I’m in love with the demo’s Stacy has been sharing with me and she seem’s to like mine too Smile tee hee! giggle snort!…oh…excuse me. jk. Anyways, I’m really exited to jumble all of our collective brains together in the end and pick everyones heads and come out with the final projects. Rawk on!

Sad I can wait.. If I can wait a few years for the Valley, I can wait for this! Yay! for New Eisley tunes!!

Vintage Newbie

bigideas wrote:

Hmm, that's interesting. I usually thought the EP's would be a way of dumping the album tracks that weren't used instead of writing completely new material.

they recorded HATS just for the ep. of course that was an old song. but still.

it does seem like they have, in past, used unreleased material.

does this mean the recorded but not released songs from The Valley will never see the light?
If so, how many are there?
Seems a waste just to let them sit.

what about off of other albums? We missing any studio tracks?

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
nemo1
Sea Post King

I do wonder, though, how many songs constitute an EP. I've seen as many as 7 on one or as few as 4. I know the girls aren't terribly prolific, but I'd vote for more songs and an early 2012 release date, and maybe some fleshing out of songs from their recent back catalogue. Whatever happened to the days when musical acts would go in and record 15 or 20 songs and then cull the ones that didn't fit the overall theme of a CD (album), but that still left another batch of unreleased but finished songs that could be released later? Oh well, I guess the artistic/ creative spirit strikes when it feels like it...

And I truly doubt the EP would include any previously released material or live recordings. At least I hope not...
boone
Vintage Newbie

A single is usually 2-4 tracks. An LP is typically 8+ tracks. An EP falls anywhere in between.

I'm sure they're recording an EP not to dump old songs on us, but in order to get something recorded for Equal Vision before they spend a year working on an LP. I'm sure when you sign to a new label, there's an eagerness to get your catalog started.

An EP typically portends a shift in style, too. Which, with the stuff Sherri has been writing lately, I hope means a blend of their newer stuff with their older stuff. It's exciting to think of those kind of fairy tale lyrics written by someone who has experienced more of the hardships and wonders of life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
nemo1
Sea Post King

Quote:
It's exciting to think of those kind of fairy tale lyrics written by someone who has experienced more of the hardships and wonders of life.

Not for me... bats with butterfly wings and marvelous things are giving me the creeps Rolling Eyes These guys are plenty old enough to live in, and write about, the real world and ordinary day-to-day life, boring as that might sometimes be. Of course, now that they've exorcised their relationship demons, it will be interesting to see what their next phase sounds like.

Quote:
does this mean the recorded but not released songs from The Valley will never see the light?
If so, how many are there?
Seems a waste just to let them sit.

Check out the deluxe reissue of the Valley in March 2031!
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

though not a fan, i hope what they're doing is what lady gaga and ke$ha did with the fame and animal.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
thesemarvelousthings
Sea Post King

Yay! That's so awesome! I'm wicked excited now. Cool
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

nemo1 wrote:
I know the girls aren't terribly prolific

What makes you think this?

Other than Sherri recently saying she hadn't written stuff post Valley (didn't she write a new Christmas song in 2010?) I think there is quite a lot of unreleased material between she and Stacy.

Remember, Stacy also has a batch of songs set aside for her solo joint.

The Baby demos alone had half a dozen or more unreleased songs/song ideas. There were a lot of songs unreleased from the Room Noises era, too.

Oh wait, didn't Sherri write stuff for Perma after The Valley's initial sessions, too? I forget the timeline. Even thought it came out in 2011, the songs are all at least 2009 or earlier, right?

cattink
Sea Post King

Teaser from Sherri:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h757NwpVcfk&feature=player_embedded

Though I'm sure someone has beaten me to it.

Edit: Or maybe not...? Cool, this doesn't seem to happen often.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

nemo1 wrote:
Quote:
It's exciting to think of those kind of fairy tale lyrics written by someone who has experienced more of the hardships and wonders of life.

Not for me... bats with butterfly wings and marvelous things are giving me the creeps Rolling Eyes
Yeah, I'm not interested in that kind off fantasy stuff from them at their ages. I'm okay with and expect an element of whimsy from them, but I continue to hope it matures. Adolescent whimsy from a 27 year old isn't as cute as it was coming from an inexperienced teenager.

I'm excited, though. The Valley was great and some of those songs were written a few years ago, so I'm excited to see where they're at now. Especially Stacy.

<< prev | goto page
 | next >>