Laughing City
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

Buddy Holly museum???

I would love to go there!

Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

I recorded the audio of Stacy practicing the ValleyScapes intro from this soundcheck twitvid. http://www.twitvid.com/TASXP Quite nice.

Download link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/t7qyay

*edit* Hmm sendspace is getting lame with the fake "click here to download" links. Don't click the top one. Click the one that says "click here to start download from sendspace". Even that one will send you to download something else but cancel that one and then it will download the right file, shiez.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
cattink
Sea Post King

So the Tampa show last night...was anyone else there?

I was the one who was signing along to "Watch it Die". It had been an assignment in ASL2 to translate a song to sign language and perform it for the class and the movement has been cemented into my mind like a VBS theme song's hand motions. Laughing
do not be afraid.
Lost at Forum

cattink wrote:

I was the one who was signing along to "Watch it Die". It had been an assignment in ASL2 to translate a song to sign language and perform it for the class and the movement has been cemented into my mind like a VBS theme song's hand motions. Laughing

I was there, too. I was the guy with a beard and a beer belly, hanging out with his mom, drinking PBR, and “dancing” like an epileptic zombie. Oh yeah, I'm pretty damn bad ass!

From what I can remember of Eisley's show (I was extremely tired, slightly drunk, and mostly deaf by the time it was all over!), it was as awesome as it always is, and maybe slightly more awesome than usual. What really impressed my, though, was Christie's performance. I always knew she was amazing, but seeing her live really made me realize just how amazing she is. So beautiful.
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 | Posts: 1126 | Location: Temple Terrace, Florida
grain thrower
Vintage Newbie

cattink wrote:

Why are you whispering? They can't hear you.

PC-free jibes aside, that's pretty cool. You should post a video for us to sing/sign (anagrams!) along to. Idea

superhits
Sea Post King

cattink wrote:

a little late, but i saw you! i was confused as to why you were signing haha. i was the girl in a checkered black and white shirt with a girl who had a shirt that said "be happy." i was in front of stacy.
juan_diego
Sea Post King

Friday night in Ybor was nothing short of amazing. This was my 3rd Eisley show and it did not disappoint one little bit. I met someone from the forum half way thru Eisley's set, I don't think I got your name, or if I did I don't remember it, sorry!! Where are you super hits?!?

Christie's set was so short, I wish she had played just another song or two. It was my first time hearing her live. She is so lovely!

I was a little apprehensive about Marksmen but I really enjoyed them and ended up getting their CD. Those guys have some SERIOUS energy!

Eisley's set, well I wish those could go on forever. It started out a little rough. Stacy's keyboard went out right in the middle of the intro, but the issue was quickly rectified and like the champ that she is she just dove right into Ambulance. Sherri's monitor was giving her some trouble as well and they ended up just unplugging it, but after those two initial technical issues were fixed they were jamming!

Before we got there I warned my friends that I went with that I might very well embarrass the crap out of them because I was gonna be the fan boy right up front, dancing like a fool and belting out all the words to every song. Sure enough I was! Sherri even called me out because I knew the words to One Last Song and Light's Out, haha!

The setlist was great, except that they skipped Kind and closed the show with Watch It Die and 192 Days. A nice surprise however was that Stacy played the Intro that she wrote for I Could Be There for You for the spring 2008 tour. It was even better because she changed up the vocals a little bit, and layered some sweet Wurlitzer sounds with some serious reverb on her Nord!! It sounded even more beautiful and eerie then it did in 2008. I had no clue she was playing that intro again or I would have gotten some video. Hopefully someone else will before the end of the tour. I got just a few videos of my favorites from The Valley, and One Last Song. I was gonna get video of Light's Out as well, but I changed my mind at the last minute. I just wanted to jam.

www.youtube.com/wehadvoices for the videos!

I don't know why the contrast came out SO terribly in my pictures and videos. It probably has to do with the fact that I'm running beta software on my iPhone. And I apologize for how shaky they are, but I just couldn't keep myself from dancing even while I was recording. However, I think the sound came out incredibly well, especially since I was about 4 or 5 feet directly in front of Garron's bass cab.

I talked to Stacy, Sherri, and Chauntelle for a little bit afterwards. As always they where super sweet! I explained to them that I'm going to be going out of the country pretty soon and I won't be back for a while so this was probably going to be the last time I saw them live for several years. They all thanked me for coming out to support them these past 3 years, and for always being right up front, singing along to all the songs. Stacy and Sherri even tweeted me afterwards to wish me luck on my travels.

I don't think they realize how much they mean to me, and how much I truly cherish what they do.

nemo1
Sea Post King

Quote:
I don't think they realize how much they mean to me, and how much I truly cherish what they do.

yeah- I didn't get to talk to them after the show in May, but that was my feeling then, too. Still is. I think a lot of us here second that opinion.
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

juan_diego wrote:
A nice surprise however was that Stacy played the Intro that she wrote for I Could Be There for You for the spring 2008 tour. It was even better because she changed up the vocals a little bit, and layered some sweet Wurlitzer sounds with some serious reverb on her Nord!!

Dead. Also very jealous. Smile
juan_diego
Sea Post King

princesstripandfall wrote:
juan_diego wrote:
A nice surprise however was that Stacy played the Intro that she wrote for I Could Be There for You for the spring 2008 tour. It was even better because she changed up the vocals a little bit, and layered some sweet Wurlitzer sounds with some serious reverb on her Nord!!

Dead. Also very jealous. Smile

Yeah, I'm actually pretty upset now that I didn't get it on video, but the intro was TOTALLY unexpected. No one on here had mentioned it, I figured they would have, since it was so popular back in 2008. Everyone wanted it on an EP, haha.

Anyway, when I saw ICBT4U was next on the setlist, I put my camera down because I thought, "Well... this song is 4 years old. There are hundreds of videos of it on Youtube, and it's my favorite from Combinations so I'll just enjoy it." I saw Stacy fiddle around with the Nord for a few seconds, she pressed a couple of buttons, turned a few knobs, and then when I was expecting Weston to start up with those phat jungle beatz, that's when Stacy started playing that oh so familiar melody. By the time I realized what was happening, snapped back to reality, and picked up my jaw off the floor it was pretty much over and Weston was beating away at his drums for the first verse of the song.

UGH! If anyone on here is making it out to the last couple of shows they better get video! What's left anyway? Just the show in Tyler?

Kylee Janai
Vintage Newbie

UGHH the old/new intro to ICBT4Y!!! I find myself singing that randomly all the time, I absolute love it!!!!
pongd
Sea Post King

I took pictures most of the time so only recorded one song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtSqAE1gsfg
juan_diego
Sea Post King

welp, here it is, courtesy of Hilary. Make sure y'all are sitting down.[/url]
princesstripandfall
Lost at Forum

juan_diego wrote:
welp, here it is, courtesy of Hilary. Make sure y'all are sitting down.[/url]

Ha! you beat me to my own post, excellent. Smile
I recorded all of The Valley songs (no Kind but the ICBT4U intro made up for it), and the 3 new ones.
The whole family was there and sat in front of us, so we chit-chatted a little like always happens at Tyler shows. Christie was as fabulous as usual. Marksmen were not my cup of tea however they are a ridiculously talented group. Wow!
Liberty Hall is one of the nicer venues I've ever been and the audience were absolutely lovely quiet angels. The experience was worth the drive for sure. The band was all in good spirits...I've seen them like 10 times now and last night is the first time I ever caught Garron jamming.
The city of Tyler asked them to do a meet and greet thing, so we said hello to Stacy and Sherri again and let them hang out with my service dog for awhile Wink.
Here's my Youtube channel
If you have a Tumblr, this is mine.
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

princesstripandfall wrote:

Liberty Hall is one of the nicer venues I've ever been and the audience were absolutely lovely quiet angels.

Was there a good turnout?

Watching Lights Out - Wonder if I've passed Miller's Classic Cars without realizing it.

I'm glad they restored Liberty Hall. Something cool like this would happen just a few months after I am no longer in the city every work day. I saw on their website that they'll even be showing films like the Shining there. They told me they are sourced from DVD and projected, but I would love to see some of the films they're showing projected bigger with good sound and an audience.

Hilary, have you ever eaten at DuPree favorite Los Gueros when you're in Tyler? It's not too far from downtown.