Laughing City
rchamp
Sea Post King

So this is finally seeing the light of day! Recorded back on June 1st, our video podcast with Chauntelle, Sherri, & Stacy is now available for viewing. It lasts almost 40 minutes and includes interview footage as well as four songs performed live in the studio:

The Valley
Watch It Die
Please
I Wasn't Prepared

Watch It Die includes the a Capella intro they did on the last tour and is the first time (and last time as far as we know) they ever played it acoustic. I Wasn't Prepared features Christie on a verse the way they've been doing it live as well.

Recorded at The Music Shed Studios in New Orleans, this was a lot of fun. It was also definitely a learning process for us as well. I assigned a stationary camera to each of the ladies and you'll notice the footage looks different from each one. It turns out that each camera used a different file format which caused me no end of problems in the editing stage. You'll also notice some slight audio/video sync issues occasionally due to this as well. I hope you enjoy the video despite this. Future episodes will not have this problem as new cameras have been obtained. Hopefully, the ladies will return on a future pass through town so we can do this right.

From The Music Shed Episode 02: Eisley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwb_JwDkmdE

Also, please check out
From The Music Shed Episode One: Great Lake Swimmers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4XZId8tRkI

Coming Soon:
From The Music Shed Episode 03: Christie and Collin DuPree
(Recorded the same day as Eisley!)

Audio versions coming soon, including individual song files.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

The Watch It Die harmony and subsequent performance was just phenomenal. All were great performances, though. Nice interview, too!

Also, if Chauntelle gets shy about the way she looks then there is literally no hope for the rest of us... Laughing
Cosmic Love
Sea Post King

I think I had a brief out of body experience when Sherri, Christie and Stacy all harmonized. Absolutely beautiful...
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

beautiful harmonies and that was one of their most informative interviews they've done

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
bigideas
Vintage Newbie

I really like how you showed before a take and after instead of cutting right before they start the song and cut right when it finishes. I watched it on a phone, but it didn't seem like a problem with the different cameras looking different, maybe subconsciously I just thought they were lit differently.

Anyone know the Disney song Sherri is referring to?

Jared x
Lost at Forum

That was really, really great. Thank you so much for sharing!
Kayci
Golly, Poster

So so good!
oathmeal
Sea Post King

That was amazing!! Loved hearing Christie sing on "I Wasn't Prepared."
juan_diego
Sea Post King

Cosmic Love wrote:
I think I had a brief out of body experience when Sherri, Christie and Stacy all harmonized. Absolutely beautiful...

THIS.

Also, not to hijack the thread but can someone tell me why I can reply here and NOWHERE ELSE on the forum? I have been trying to post my show review from Friday with no success. Sad

Last edited by juan_diego on Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Saellys
Vintage Newbie

I absolutely adore that "Watch It Die" performance, especially the "bada ba buduh ba" parts. Very Happy Interesting interview bits too--I did not know the part about WB giving Equal Vision The Valley for ten years. Shocked

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
johnip
Vintage Newbie

Saellys wrote:
I absolutely adore that "Watch It Die" performance, especially the "bada ba buduh ba" parts. Very Happy Interesting interview bits too--I did not know the part about WB giving Equal Vision The Valley for ten years. Shocked

Haven't gotten to watch it yet, but doesn't that sound like WB is betting on Equal Vision making Eisley "break out"?

Vintage Newbie

johnip wrote:
Saellys wrote:

Haven't gotten to watch it yet, but doesn't that sound like WB is betting on Equal Vision making Eisley "break out"?

That's how I interpreted it.

Smokemonster
Joined: 24 Sep 2003 | Posts: 14510 | Location: Alone on an airplane, fallin' asleep against the windowpane...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

Great performance and interview.
I also liked your video "little RUSH fan". He really loves and knows that song by heart.

juan_diego wrote:
Also, not to hijack the thread but can someone tell me why I can reply here and NOWHERE ELSE on the forum? I have been trying to post my show review from Friday with no success. Sad

You may be trying to post too many pictures in one post? I think there's a limit now, like 3 or less.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
rchamp
Sea Post King

bigideas wrote:
I really like how you showed before a take and after instead of cutting right before they start the song and cut right when it finishes.

I'm glad you liked that. I've always loved studio chatter. It helps to humanize the performers, in my opinion. Not that these ladies needed any humanizing! I would have loved to use all of the conversation we had during recording but it would have lasted more than twice as long! Hmm... Maybe some outtakes clips...
marshking
Sea Post King

What a great interview and performances!

Really cool to find out what "I Wasn't Prepared" was inspired by. I youtubed the song "On the Front Porch with You" since I'd never seen the movie. Awesome!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger