Laughing City
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

...when they read in the press about musician Jonathan Wilson, and think of the Eisley boy?

what IS that fellow up to these days?

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I've seen that name but always remember it's not pre-garron.

Other fun ones: chris martin-coldplay chris martin aka dj premier of gang starr

Jonathan davis of korn, on davis aka q-tip of a tribe called quest

Johnny carson, johnny carson aka Edge

George s. Clinton composer, george clinton funkmaster

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Caley
Lost at Forum

I think the last I heard of Jonathan, he was holding down odd jobs and being super religious. I think the reason he left the band was because he began to be more devoted to his religion and being in a band didn't suit his faith's demands anymore (like playing on Saturdays/Sundays instead of resting)... I remember there was an interview with him in an article around the time the Valley came out or right before the Valley came out. I don't know.

If this sounds totally off, I know for a fact that I won't be able to find the article, so I can't substantiate if it's true or not. LOL.

So sorry if I'm wrong. This is coming from my fuzzy memory.

The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

http://www.dallasobserver.com/2010-11-25/music/eisley-has-the-battle-s cars-to-prove-their-coming-of-age/3/

i cited this article in wikipedia a few months ago

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
CUBSWINWORLDSERIES
Vintage Newbie

The Man In The Moon wrote:
http://www.dallasobserver.com/2010-11-25/music/eisley-has-the-b attle-scars-to-prove-their-coming-of-age/3/

i cited this article in wikipedia a few months ago

I don't think I had seen this. Thanks for sharing!
mister_joseph
Golly, Poster

Caley wrote:
I think the last I heard of Jonathan, he was holding down odd jobs and being super religious. I think the reason he left the band was because he began to be more devoted to his religion and being in a band didn't suit his faith's demands anymore (like playing on Saturdays/Sundays instead of resting)... I remember there was an interview with him in an article around the time the Valley came out or right before the Valley came out. I don't know.

If this sounds totally off, I know for a fact that I won't be able to find the article, so I can't substantiate if it's true or not. LOL.

Yeah, he and I had a good long talk about that one afternoon about a year after he left.

I'm just curious if he's no longer making music. I kept hoping that that other Jonathan Wilson was him--sweet, talented guy. It got especially confusing when the other JW was working with Sparta and recording in El Paso with Jim Ward, a band that JW had liked....

Caley
Lost at Forum

mister_joseph wrote:
Caley wrote:

Yeah, he and I had a good long talk about that one afternoon about a year after he left.

I'm just curious if he's no longer making music. I kept hoping that that other Jonathan Wilson was him--sweet, talented guy. It got especially confusing when the other JW was working with Sparta and recording in El Paso with Jim Ward, a band that JW had liked....

Oh my bad!

Hopefully, he's happy wherever he is. Smile

wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

mister_joseph wrote:
Caley wrote:

A few years back a band he was part of played Brewtones. It was a while ago though, but after he left the band he did keep doing music at that point in time.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area