Laughing City
norad
Vintage Newbie

I think it's been a couple years since I updated SYP's gear page and they've all gotten new stuff.

www.strangeyellowpatterns.com/gear

Please help me update it! Very Happy
boone
Vintage Newbie

It's probably a good time to do this, because they're using a lot of different stuff these days. Here's some stuff I've noticed:

Sherri
Sherri is using a Mesa Boogie Electra dyne 2x12 combo with a custom red and cream tolex finish.

I haven't gotten a good look at Sherri's pedalboard, but I'm pretty sure she's still using the Fulltone Full-Drive 2, and the Line6 delay, and I'm pretty sure I saw a Boss TR-2 tremolo, too. Pedalboard pictures would be much appreciated.

CHAUNTELLE
Chauntelle is using a Mesa Boogie LoneStar Special 1x12 widebody combo, looks like maybe a custom cocoa and cream finish.

Chauntelle seems to have changed her pedalboard quite a bit. She's using an Ernie Ball volume pedal, a Boss TU-2 tuner, a Fulltone OCD overdrive, a black pedal that might be a Boss RV-5 reverb, the Line6 delay, a light blue pedal that might be a Boss TR-2 tremolo, an Electro Harmonix Micro POG, an MXR Phase 90, an Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer, and another black pedal that I can't identify. She uses the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power to power the pedals, and has a Mesa Boogie channel switcher for her amp. I've only seen one recent pedal board photo, and it was at a bad angle, so if somebody could get one from a higher angle, I'd have no problem identifying all the pedals.

STACY
It's awesome that Stacy is using the Rhodes again. She has what appears to be a small multi-effects unit on top of the Rhodes, with stereo outputs into two DIs (Whirlwind, I think.) I'd like to get a good look at the front of the unit, because I'm really curious of what it is.

GARRON
Garron seems to be using a sunburst Fender 70s Jazz almost exclusively. I've also seen him use a Thunderbird recently, though I'm not sure if it's a Gibson or an Epiphone.

Of course, he sold the Ampeg SVT amp recently, but he still appears to be using it. Interested to see what he's going to be using instead.

There are a lot of new guitars, mostly custom Laroses. Somebody might already have them sorted out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

i asked stacy about the thing on her rhodes, she said it's not an effect unit and it's just to hear everyone else better.

i noticed when the mic fell off at the nashville show her earbuds fell out too

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
boone
Vintage Newbie

Ah, so it's a monitor controller. Cool. I guess those are stereo ins, not outs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

boone wrote:

GARRON

Of course, he sold the Ampeg SVT amp recently, but he still appears to be using it. Interested to see what he's going to be using instead.

As am I... that one left me quizzical... or at least a bit curious.
boone
Vintage Newbie

Garron is now plugging into an Aguilar DB 751 amp and a GS 412 cabinet. A DI is going from the amp straight into the mixer.

Chauntelle seems to have simplified her pedalboard quite a bit. It's a Boss TU-2 tuner, into an Electro Harmonix Micro POG, into a Boss FBM-1 Fender '59 Bassman modeler, into a Boss TR-2 tremolo, into the Line6 DL4 delay modeler. All of her overdrive sounds these days seem to come from a huge Mesa Boogie Mark V channel switcher that runs to her amp.

Sherri has a Boss TU-2, into the trusty Fulltone Fulldrive 2 overdrive, into her old, old Ibanez TS-10 Tube Screamer overdrive (it still says MossEisley on the side), into a Boss TR-2, into a Line6 DL4, into an Electro Harmonix Holy Grail reverb.
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

boone wrote:
Garron is now plugging into an Aguilar DB 751 amp and a GS 412 cabinet. A DI is going from the amp straight into the mixer.

I'm sure his back thanks him.
boone
Vintage Newbie

Actually, a bass 4x12 is the same size as an 8x10. It might be a little lighter because there are less magnets, but bass cabinets are pretty mobile, with the towelbar handles and wheels—it's like there's a handtruck built in.
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

boone wrote:
Actually, a bass 4x12 is the same size as an 8x10. It might be a little lighter because there are less magnets, but bass cabinets are pretty mobile, with the towelbar handles and wheels—it's like there's a handtruck built in.

Looks a lot more compact on the youtube vids I saw from the current tour... maybe deceptive.

And the head looks a LOT smaller than the SVT
- edit-
quick look at specs -> head weighs half as much.
boone
Vintage Newbie

Aguilar amps have solid state power sections. So there are, like, five or so less tubes. And smaller transformers. They're heavy.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

not wanting to bump an old thread, but also not wanting to start a new one right off the bat either just to post this. anywho, just wanted to say i got bored and looked through eisley's twitvids. i think chauntelle added a digitech whammy to her board. i'm guessing one last song calls for one, and since she has this pedal now, i'm also wondering if it'll have her explore new tones and different ways of playing.

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
boone
Vintage Newbie

She did—she Instagrammed it.