Laughing City
merola1024
Sea Post King

According to the Wikipedia pages for Room Noises and Combinations, the band is working on getting a dual vinyl release for the first two full lengths. I would be ecstatic if this is true, but there's no citations, and I can't find any other news on the web about it. Does anyone know something I don't?
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

I think that was before the band left wb. I think Boyd made a post about it when it was in the works

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
merola1024
Sea Post King

Hmm. I saw that on Wiki the other day and thought "Maybe if they hadn't left Warner, this would be more believable." So it's probably not going to happen then? I'm trying to decide whether I should wait for this release or buy the CD releases of the first two records.
CBmp3
Sea Post King

merola, I'd definitely buy the CD's, and enjoy the music until then. If there ever is a "then."
ks1990
Lost at Forum

People have been pushing for this for years now, but I honestly don't think it's ever gonna happen...
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

There's always a chance, but one that's pretty circumstantial. They (Eisley) could really break through at some point/ or at least develop a really entrenched critical following, and WB could seek to cash in by doing a pressing on one of their subsidiaries. Eisley could arrange to buy back their catalog & rights by some means or another (or have whatever label they're signed to do so) if they had the cash flow, leverage, and will, to do so.

Last but not least, to my knowledge they retain their rights, so they could always Re-record the songs/ albums, and release those recordings on whatever imprint they like, in whatever formats they choose, so long as they are contractually permitted to do so. I think this option is legally & practically the most tenable.

My vote would be for them to do a Box Set/ Special Edition with their favorite B-sides/ non-album tracks re-recorded as well. That would be nice for a small run luxury set like the company that did the NIN and Pixies ones put together Artist in Residence http://www.ainr.com/ they are brilliant at what they do. Partnering them up with a family full or artists of varying sorts would make that Scrapbook we were hearing about blossom into something otherworldly and EPIC.

Also, the idea of having Andy Freeman record Room Noises as actual room noises, with the their voices having fully matured/ blossomed, Garron getting to add his embellishments (since he's not on that album) and the chance for more Chauntelle harmonies working their way into the mixes. think it would be a win-win when the time is right, if that be their desire. Same goes for Combinations with the bonus of Eisley being able to re-select the tracks to their own satisfaction since it's widely reported that there are songs that were solicited at the request of the label. It would be a good project for downtime off tour for an extended break, leading up to some sort of anniversary tour perhaps like in 2015?

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Wil, that's a brilliant idea. Also, I made this post to mainly say I'm surprised that you didn't post your bugs bunny in a suit image first Laughing

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I considered it, but this didn't seem malicious enough for Godfather Bugs. Wink

there apparently as Scarface Daffy out there too.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
merola1024
Sea Post King

Okay, thanks for the advice, everyone! I found a vinyl copy of Room Noises for $50, so I think I'm going to grab that. And I just ordered The Valley on vinyl yesterday. Combinations is my least favorite album, so I may wait a bit to get that one. But I do want the special edition DVD as well.
norad
Vintage Newbie

$50? Jeeez. Too bad it's not still for sale since it was only about $15. Cool
sully_51
Golly, Poster

norad wrote:

I picked up RN vinyl maybe a year ago, and paid close to $80. $50 sounds like a steal to me. Smile

mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Got mine on the old merch site, on sale, for less than 10 bucks! Smile
merola1024
Sea Post King

sully_51 wrote:
norad wrote:

I picked up RN vinyl maybe a year ago, and paid close to $80. $50 sounds like a steal to me. Smile

I thought the same! I got lucky finding it. Smile
Congratulations
Sea Post King

merola1024 wrote:

Very cool. Where'd you find it?
Joined: 31 Dec 2007 | Posts: 335 | Location: Northern Virginia
merola1024
Sea Post King

Congratulations wrote:
merola1024 wrote:

Very cool. Where'd you find it?

On Discogs! The seller had it up at $70, but I talked them down to $50. Sealed and all. Very Happy