Laughing City
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

hi yall. What day is the brewtones show? Confused I thought it was tonight, but the poster says it was last night. Did anyone go? Did you get to talk to the band and their family? What did you talk about? Smile How was the show? Smile

I would like this forum to revert back to the excitement of 2003... we were a bunch of excited kids... and it was swell! I'm excited again now!!! It would be awesome, I think, if we shared our experiences at Eisley's show here with everyone. I'm looking to read about you and Eisley. .... come on! Very Happy

TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

The Brewtones show was great, and I'll have to post the real photos I took whenever I can get time in the darkroom. Laughing The downside of doing it old school ...

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
kLafied
Laughing Citizen

People are slacking on videos this time around! Can anyone get "Laugh it Off" for me, please??
Kayci
Golly, Poster

I went to the show in Milwaukee last night. I'm from Washington and I've been to see them in Seattle or Portland during every tour for the past 7-8 years. This was the smallest show I'd been to except maybe the one during the acoustic tour! Not as much Eisley love in Wisconsin. It was a good show, although they seemed pretty tired from being up so early for Daytrotter.

I was able to preorder just the vinyl for $15, but bring cash or be prepared to hit up an ATM. Collin said he thinks they're only supposed to use the credit card things they have hooked up to their phones for Eisley stuff. Also, I'm not sure if the vinyl preorder comes with an automatic digital download. I sure hope so!

Setlist:

Smarter
Lights Out
The Valley
Better Love
Marvelous Things
Laugh It Off
Many Funerals
Watch it Die
Please
Sad
Oxygen Mask
I Could Be There For You (with intro!!)
Mr. Moon
I Wasn't Prepared
192 Days (just the girls)
Golly Sandra
Ambulance
Deep Space

Encore:
I Wish (just the girls)

I got decent videos of Laugh it Off, Deep Space, I Could Be There For You, and I Wish, so I'll post links when I'm done uploading them. I think Stacy had mentioned Christie recorded vocals for Laugh it Off so I was really hoping she'd come out and sing with them for that, but she did not.
Kayci
Golly, Poster

Well, it sounds decent. You can't actually see much of anything, but I guess I can't complain much for phone videos.

I'm not really one for taking videos or pictures during shows, I only did it for those of you who, like me, were trolling youtube waiting for tour videos. So just as forewarning, I don't really make sure my arm is steady or anything and I bob a lot to the music. Just be glad I refrained from singing along while I recorded these ones...

I Wish

Laugh it Off

I Could Be There For You

url=http://youtu.be/rTy6_ghCcOk]Deep Space[/url]
Last edited by Kayci on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Christian
Sea Post King

I've only watched ICBT4U right now, but wow. That sound quality. Aside from the fact that it must've been a great venue, it's a great recording! What kind of phone do you have? Is that from an iPhone 4S? My poor little 3GS would have made that sound like garbage.

Thanks so much for sharing!
Kayci
Golly, Poster

No problem! I think it helped that I wasn't too close to the speakers and it wasn't too loud. It's just an iPhone 4, not a 4s, and I was pleasantly surprised by the sound quality too. It makes up for the fact that you can't see anything.

It's going to bug me that the Deep Space url is messed up, but it won't let me edit it!
nemo1
Sea Post King

there were between 65-70 people there-- not a great crowd, but Milwaukee is always notoriously quiet on weeknights. they might have done a little better on a Friday or Saturday night, but... They didn't have many more people in attendance 10 months ago at a different venue.. Too bad-- it would be nice to give them a reason to keep coming back. They really shined on 192 days and I wish. I think partly because those were quieter songs and the sound mix was actually kind of loud. The sound board guy didn't have to crank it up as loud as he did, but then it's Shank Hall, and as any Spinal Tapper will remember, you want the amps to go up to 11 Rolling Eyes

My 15-yr-old daughter thought it was better than the show she saw 10 months ago, and according to her. that set the gold standard for shows she's been to. She would have liked to hear Trolleywood, but I think the ship has sailed on that one. And I still remember being blown away by Lost at Sea & A Sight to Behold at the first show I saw of theirs in November 2010. But it was great seeing them again, although a little sad to hear Sherri say they were going into the studio later in the year and the LP4 might not be out until early next year. I'm hoping it was lack of sleep and she just mis-spoke.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Looking at that setlist, the 1st 7 songs are the biggest rock gut punch eisley! Following Tallhart fka Marksmen sort of demands it though. That is a high powered half hour to 40 minutes of music that I"m sure is epic.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9641 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Unregistered
Laughing Citizen

Kayci wrote:
It's going to bug me that the Deep Space url is messed up, but it won't let me edit it!

edited what Kayci wrote:

Cool

tungsten
Sea Post King

No 'Come Clean'? Sheds tears. Console myself with the thought of acoustic I Wish.
Catey
Lost at Forum

Man, that ICBTFY intro never gets old. So magical
Joined: 02 Aug 2005 | Posts: 1086 | Location: Essex, England
lessthaninfinite
Sea Post King

hi guys!

i just got back from the pittsburgh show (actually about an hour ago now i guess), and let me tell you, it was pretty darn awesome!

the new songs sounded really good live, especially deep space, which i thought was the highlight of the set

the setlist was the same as milwaukee, so i won't bother typing it out again

and finally, i have a bunch of (iphone) pictures to sort through, and pretty good videos of golly sandra, 192 days, and most of ICBTFY (before my phone ran out of hard drive space) that i'll try to upload tomorrow

edit:
golly sandra
icbtfy
192 days, which i personally think turned out the best

Last edited by lessthaninfinite on Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:40 am; edited 2 times in total
Mystic210
Laughing Citizen

Hey, I was at the Pittsburgh show, too!

I agree, it was a great set and awesome performance. A very fun show, too... I always like Sherri's little commentaries.

**Something to look for which caught me off guard so I hope someone records it so I can listen again --- The Valley intro!

Maybe they did it before, but I stood confused trying to figure out what song it was, because I never heard it, so I didn't fully get into it, but it sounded upbeat, hip...definitely something to listen for (besides the ICBTFY intro!).

I'd recommend this tour if you can make it! Renewed my excitement in general, for sure!
lessthaninfinite
Sea Post King

oh man, i forgot about the valley intro, it totally caught me off guard too! awesome though, and yeah, i hope someone gets a video of it because i definitely want to hear it again.

goto page
 | next >>