Laughing City
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

So Eisley's set at the festival downtown today was a short one (partly in deference to Stacy's condition and the heat), but really nice... and they made it look effortless.

Their position on the bill (along with Centro-matic's) made no sense, but it was nice that they could make it out, and they had a reasonable audience even playing early.

----
set was-
tungsten wrote:
(edit)
Smarter
Lights Out
The Valley
came in during Marvelous Things- (don't know what they did before that)
Laugh it Off
Please
Sad
ICBTFY
Mr. Moon
Deep Space

edit:
thanks to limits on the number of links in a post, check later posts for more clips
Last edited by inorbit on Sun May 27, 2012 5:30 pm; edited 4 times in total
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Sans Please, which i could never get into, that is a pretty wicked run of tunes that covers a lot of musical bases. lovely. I'm sure they rocked out the 1st half of the set given the absence of many funerals, better love, light's out, invasion, and probably a few mellower tunes.

Also speaking of lousy set times, Girl In A Coma...

I'm sure there is some sort of reason that explains it, logical or not.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Nowhere Man
Vintage Newbie

That bass that's bleeding over from another stage really messes up the first of that Deep Space video. I thought Garron was trying to tune up without pressing the bypass pedal.

we're really not alone, we have each other
Joined: 13 Jan 2007 | Posts: 2600 | Location: sitting in his nowhere land, TX
inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Wil- yeah, the lineup was a bit of a mystery.
Published schedule notwithstanding, Eisley posted that they were on at 4:00, and I was hearing MT in the (short) ticket line at 4:05, I don't think I likely missed more than a song or two at most. Anyone who was there at the start want to weigh in?

Nowhere-
The mic on that new cheapo point and shoot must more sensitive than my ears (although the audio did come out sounding a bit scooped, I think); I didn't notice that bass coming over at all at the time. It picked up a lot more of the talking in the audience than I heard too. They weren't running simultaneous sets, but Centro-matic might have been sound checking on the other stage.

A couple more uploads are running, but as they were all inadvertently shot at 1080p and I can't be bothered to either process them down or drive up to the office, it may be a while.

It's a holiday weekend and the wind's blowing, so... rigging frenzy time- maybe another couple will be up there when I get back.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Hmmm... I'm guessing they might have opened with Light's Out if they were feeling Frisky then? Hope so. That was a really short set then. Did you catch Centro-Matic?

and 1080i ! Shocked at least it will look crisp.

Have fun boating. All the bad weather is in the Atlantic and not the gulf right?

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
tungsten
Sea Post King

I got there (at I believe) the beginning of their set. I think the first three songs were Smarter, Lights Out, and The Valley. It seemed to mimic their last tour for the most part.

I really, really want them to stop neglecting the Combinations songs.
Like the Actors as well.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I wasn't sure about Smarter, but initially thought they might play that ne, and how could i forget The Valley??? Such an ace tune, that's a good set starter for sure. They came out swinging! Very Happy

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

Laugh it Off
Mr. Moon
Please

- thanks tungsten.

And Wil, yes, Centro-matic were great (as usual). Getting to see Eisley and them back to back made for a good day. Not that it would ever happen, but that would be great tour. And they played maybe the best Flashes and Cables I've heard them do yet.

The nice surprise of the afternoon was The Octopus Project. I hadn't seen them before, and while I'm not sure under what circumstances I'd likely put on a CD of theirs and listen to it around the house, they were pretty mind blowing live. If they play near you don't miss it.

BJL, of course, was loads o' fun as always.

Also, I think I may have arrived at a theory for the rationale behind the lineup; the concentration of pungency in the air went from near zero for Eisley to unmistakable for Centro-matic, as you would expect, and then held more or less steady or increased slightly until Hayes Carl, when it got quite a bit thicker still (again, as expected), to a level it held through BJL. So, Eisley fans, if Eisley is to get better billing, that area clearly will require improvement!
Last edited by inorbit on Mon May 28, 2012 4:10 am; edited 4 times in total
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

Laughing at font size 2 commentary.

Rock & Roll Tour Fantasy League Booking time:

Eisley and Centro-Matic actually could be incredible, especially if they let Scott Danborn add violin to some of their songs with strings. Heck a quadruple bill of Merriment, followed by Sarah Jaffe, followed by Eisley (who could jam out One Last Song Centro-Matic style for kicks, followed by Centro-Matic/ South San Gabriel (open with some of those tunes to make the transition from Eisley seemless)

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

1) Bump for those who haven't seen the new clips I linked earlier today (above)... And that's alls I gots.

2) Not Eisley, but Wil might enjoy this.
And that's as far as my battery got me.

wilsmith wrote:
Laughing at font size 2 commentary.
Rock & Roll Tour Fantasy League Booking time:

Eisley and Centro-Matic actually could be incredible, especially if they let Scott Danborn add violin to some of their songs with strings. Heck a quadruple bill of Merriment, followed by Sarah Jaffe, followed by Eisley (who could jam out One Last Song Centro-Matic style for kicks, followed by Centro-Matic/ South San Gabriel (open with some of those tunes to make the transition from Eisley seemless)

Works for me.
But you should know that if you're putting SJ and CM on the same bill with Eisley, the size 2 assessment goes double.
Last edited by inorbit on Mon May 28, 2012 2:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Nice videos! And thanks for not singing along out of key. Smile

Also, I was worried my taste was on the wane, but now that I see Stacy and I were basically Bobbsey Twins Saturday! Cool

inorbit
Laughing Citizen

tahruh wrote:

Also, I was worried my taste was on the wane, but now that I see Stacy and I were basically Bobbsey Twins Saturday! Cool
this season's all about maternity wear Very Happy.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

inorbit wrote:
tahruh wrote:

this season's all about maternity wear Very Happy.
Apparently. I'm about 4 months less pregnant though.
eiswood09
Sea Post King

Edited HD video of Better Love. The audio used was of the studio recording.
Vintage Newbie

eiswood09 wrote:
The audio used was of the studio recording.

That defeats the purpose of watching live videos. (For me at least)

goto page
 | next >>