Laughing City
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Is anyone able to catch the session today?

http://www.facebook.com/ChengBand
norad
Vintage Newbie

I waiting for it to start. Smile And I will be going back the sleep right after it's over.
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

Sweet! I have class or else I'd watch

juan_diego
Sea Post King

norad wrote:
I waiting for it to start. Smile And I will be going back the sleep right after it's over.

Did you happen to listen with your ears AND Audacity? Because that was lovely.

norad
Vintage Newbie

juan_diego wrote:
norad wrote:

Did you happen to listen with your ears AND Audacity? Because that was lovely.

Maybe...
The Man In The Moon
Lost at Forum

sweet cause you know, it would be cool for those of us who were in class to listen.

anywho, what all did they play?

juan_diego
Sea Post King

The Man In The Moon wrote:
sweet cause you know, it would be cool for those of us who were in class to listen.

anywho, what all did they play?

Laugh It Off
Mr. Moon
Ambulance
192 Days

ks1990
Lost at Forum

Laugh it Off! I can't wait to hear it live. <3
vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

Ugh, I really don't understand why they have pushed 192 Days so hard. It might be my least favorite Eisley track ever.

Can't wait to hear Laugh It Off, though.

Lost at Forum

vivalaspopie wrote:
Ugh, I really don't understand why they have pushed 192 Days so hard. It might be my least favorite Eisley track ever.

Can't wait to hear Laugh It Off, though.

i like it. i really do think more people would like it if the garageband demo didn't get out first and amazon didn't have such a terrible preview when most of us first heard it

tahruh
Vintage Newbie

The GB demo was really bad. The EP version is a bit better, and I watched a live performance from the end of last year that wasn’t terrible (although I did spend most of the performance thinking about how much I liked Sherri’s “unicorn hair,” so distraction might have factored in), but as far as it getting promoted...is that really happening? Like I said before, it’d be foolish to not promote Laugh It Off.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

tahruh wrote:
as far as it getting promoted...is that really happening? Like I said before, it’d be foolish to not promote Laugh It Off.

Well, I'm not sure if there was an official "single" to lead off the EP, but 192 was featured in the Valentine's day promotion along side Say Anything's Say Anything, and that's their pre-release single.

I'm just glad they got to do Daytrotter. Is this their first time? Seems like it to me, cause I've searched the archives and don't recall seeing Eisley Ever.

Mr. Moon is a keeper for sets for sure, as far as a Sherri fronted song, but yeah, I'd prefer to see her doing One Last Song in place of 192 Days. But hey, they can save that for a Summer Tour Daytrotter Session!

And then there's Ambulance, a good Acoustic type number, but it's not too late to get behind The Valley as a single, it's not like the Video's been out forever. Slow Walk that pupply... go for the old school soft release method, just keep putting it out there. Heck, Sucre should come up with an arrangement and introduce it into their sets Wink

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
tungsten
Sea Post King

I was disappointed when I learned the Valley would be the 2nd video. Not because I disliked the song, but just because I felt like Eisley was choosing to promote the 2 songs from the Valley that Eisley fans were pretty much over . . . Smarter and the Valley. The live video for Smarter had been out forever, and The Valley was already available on Fire Kite EP, like what, 2 years earlier? It's a fantastic song, but to build off of the excitement of a new release effort should have been made to release something that the fans would have actually had new excitement for. (I Wish, Watch it Die, Better Love, Sad) all would have been better choices. One exception: Ambulance, because that song seems to pack such an emotional wallop, it is not bound by time and space laws.
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Yeah, promotion has never been their strong suit, unfortunately.
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

tungsten wrote:
I was disappointed when I learned the Valley would be the 2nd video. Not because I disliked the song, but just because I felt like Eisley was choosing to promote the 2 songs from the Valley that Eisley fans were pretty much over . . . Smarter and the Valley. The live video for Smarter had been out forever, and The Valley was already available on Fire Kite EP, like what, 2 years earlier? It's a fantastic song, but to build off of the excitement of a new release effort should have been made to release something that the fans would have actually had new excitement for. (I Wish, Watch it Die, Better Love, Sad) all would have been better choices. One exception: Ambulance, because that song seems to pack such an emotional wallop, it is not bound by time and space laws.

I hear you, but when Fire Kites came out it really seemed to me that Ambulance as the focal point, with the Seventeen giveaway, having it stream in so many places. And then when they started promoting the Valley, I remember they released that mix of it as a free stream right??? Or am I wrong? My memory is suspect.

When they did that college show in TX and Debuted Smarter and Kind, without a release Smarter became the set piece of those shows that followed with Max. Then it wasn't on Fire Kites. So in my head, by the time the album came out, though I'd heard the Valley, based exposure through touring and the EP they'd really worked Smarter and Ambulance as singles, and hadn't really worked/ promoted The Valley or Kind, songs I was very partial to. When Smarter was the pre-release single, it was like a reboot, and the first time we'd gotten to hear the studio version. I actually expected Ambulance to be the follow-up honestly, cause of the final mix being streamed prior to the album's release.

...my point being... I follow you, but I think the Valley never got promoted as a single prior to January, even though it did see a release on Fire Kites.

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Last edited by wilsmith on Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

goto page
 | next >>