Laughing City
TheAntrider
Protocol Droid

Did we really miss this? Nov. 2 (I believe) marked Laughing City's 10th year of existence. I joined part of the way through its second year, and it was honestly just a bit more active than it has been lately. Granted, the passion was certainly more focused then, but there also wasn't a distraction from anything like MySpace or Facebook.

I owe this forum (and of course the band) for so many awesome memories, friends and experiences. For every annoyance or bad thing, there were easily 20 good things. I'm still meeting people I first met on here, and I'm still friends with so many.

So anyway, happy birthday, Laughing City!

You can't spell awesome without emo...backwards! -Julie
definingawesome (11:44:11 PM): Eisley shivers our timbers
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

I just recently looked at the user list just to see how many people are joining and not posting, and to remind myself of how long some of the frequent posters that still chime in have been on the board Shocked That in mind Nov 2 2002 is the common date for the earliest of early bird posters and it didn't even dawn on me when that date rolled around!

So yes, Happy Belated Birthday to the Laughing City!

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
norad
Vintage Newbie

10 years? Wow! I've been here for like 7 years now too. This place is the greatest because I have some really great friends and of course Meredith is the greatest. Very Happy
wilsmith
Vintage Newbie

^
|

=25,000>7,900<20,000

Do I get bonus points for reading trollywood since early 2004??? Laughing

FOR YOUR RATING PLEASURE:
4 LIKE Buttons, 1 NEUTRAL, 1 VEXED, 5 DISLIKE buttons. LC > FB

Love Very Happy Smile Cool Neutral Confused Sad Embarassed Rolling Eyes Mad Evil or Very Mad
Wink = personal fave Mr. Green = Eisley fans should dig it
Joined: 09 Apr 2008 | Posts: 9637 | Location: Greater St. Louis Area
Marina
Sea Post King

Yay! Happy Birthday, LC! Very Happy
dangerous
Sea Post King

I always think about Laughing City when November rolls around, since I joined 9 years ago last month. Hard to believe all those years have flown by like they have. I miss the journal updates, the baby/child pictures. Especially the funny ones with Weston in 'em! I still listen to some of the old songs I still have, although I know my collection is dull compared to most. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, this place just feels like home. I also have to give props to Boyd and Kim for being so kind to me, not only 9 years ago, but still to this day when I'll occasionally tweet or instagram reply to 'em.

Also, something about that band named Eisley or other.. they put out a bunch of good music I think. Wink

mikep0922
Lost at Forum

Yeah, November for me also, except five years ago, my first concert at HOB Orlando! I'm infused with all the same sentiments! Smile
tahruh
Vintage Newbie

Wow, time has flown by. Quite grateful for LC. Smile
anotherrandomtuesday
Vintage Newbie

norad wrote:
10 years? Wow! I've been here for like 7 years now too. This place is the greatest because I have some really great friends and of course Meredith is the greatest. Very Happy

I love you Nora! You're the greatest too.

Oh man, time has flown. I have real-life friends from this place! Much has changed, but being a member of this board has certainly had a very significant impact on my life. Hooray, sentimentality!
Joined: 28 Jul 2005 | Posts: 4455 | Location: Sacramento, CA.
mr pine
Vintage Newbie

yeah some of you i am freinds with on facebook, twitter, and xbl.

heck I even offered to have wil stay at the house if he was ever passing by (the offer still stands!).

So yeah this place has been pretty great for me.

I hope most of us are still here 10 years from now still posting and having a good time!

wilsmith wrote:
You're the Anti-Censorship+Topless Twitpic Parodying+Youth Group Video Directing guy that's a champion for the 1st amendment, Videogames as Art, and unrepentant file sharing...

Instagram - Facebook - Twitter - YouTube
PoorMe
Sea Post King

Hard to believe. Time flies.
pzy
Wookie Luke

10 years for an online forum is crazy! We rule Smile

I'm gonna have an e-party on my 10th forum anniversary next year - it's in my calendar as an important alert!

vivalaspopie
Vintage Newbie

jinkies
Vintage Newbie

Happy belated birthday, LC. Did you get the card I sent? I'm not sure I have your current address. The address I have is your old PO box. I hope it didn't get lost in the mail. Please know that I was thinking about you.

Jeez, how have you been? It seems I haven't seen you since July? Yeah, sorry about that. Not a whole lot to update since then. I'm still teaching and Lucinda turned 2 and James turned 5. Crazy, right? Things are pretty much the same around here though. Maybe that's why I haven't talked to you much... not a whole lot to talk about. I did get a new car! Well, it's a minivan. The family is growing up and we needed something bigger. I'm OK with not being super cool and having a Suburban or something.

So yeah. Ummm. How have you been? You know, you don't look a day over 6. I'm serious!

Well, I hope you had a good birthday. Sorry I couldn't be here for it. Hey, it looks like we're a few days from the anniversary of the day we met. Go figure. Wow, that was a long time ago. Remember when you introduced me to Ashleigh? I still owe you for that... big time.

Well, I have to go tend to the kids. But you take care. And don't be a stranger. I mean, I know it's hard for you to get out considering you're just some data on a server somewhere. Come to think of it, you probably don't even know what I'm saying. You're not sentient. Are you? Well, just in case you are, I wish you the very best.

Your friend,
rmlawrence

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Mims
Golly, Poster

Wow, I've been lurking for YEARS. That makes me feel all sorts of creepy.
Joined: 03 Jun 2006 | Posts: 617 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida